When you call, mention priority code 15FV-YQCS

Rating and Reviews: Martin LX1 Guitar

Take the sound of a Martin steel-string with you anywhere you go with the portable and great-sounding LX1 Little Martin.

"Martin LX 1" submitted June 25, 2012

By Wayne L in Kearny, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing music for 30 years. I play guitar,ukulele, and saxophone.
Music Style: Folk, Blues, anything positive and chilled. Christian,upbeat,and any music that is deep, sincere, morally christian and meaning
Sound: Amazing, even better, if you could imagine that, with a bone nut and saddle. I am 40 years old and I have played many guitars. This little martin plays louder, nicer, and more well balanced then my friends full size yamaha. Just awesome. Feature: Solid spruse top. Great sustain. Stays in tune for days. Wish it had a pickguard but I'll have my tech guy custom make me one. Ease of Use: Highly playable. Not a kid's guitar or toy. This thing is solid, has nice weight and feels like a guitar should. No novelty here, true craftsmanship in a true musical instrument. Martin Quality for sure. May I add, the action on this little beast was near perfect out of the box. No blemishes,glue,scuffs, nothing. Smooth. A simple, well made guitar (period). Quality: As stated above, this instrument is extremely well made. Cosmetically and mechanically superb. I can not believe the price, I may buy another to use at the beach. Value: It is worth it, and then some. Cheaper in price then the baby taylor and built way better. Just do your research. This is now the benchmark for small travel guitars. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to deal with Martin Guitars, I am very pleased with this instrument. I have contacted zzounds on other unrelated topics and inquiries for which I have never recieved such friendlyl,helpful, and courteous customer service anywhere else. Truth. The Wow Factor: Very appealing. The looks I get when people hear the sound that this little guitar projects is telling in it of itself. Small package- big boy sound. Whether I needed it or not I would have still bought it because it is just an amazing feat that Martin has been able to affordably build a small scale guitar that sounds better than many full size guitars at 3 times it's price. If nothing more, that's cool enough in itself. Overall: My wife ask me what I'd like for my birthday and since I have already done extensive research on the LX1 it was a no brainer. ZZOUNDS is superb. I once ordered a classical guitar and I was not pleased with it, they sent me a free shipping label to send it back. They were very helpful and made everything right. Anyway, I had them send me this little martin. Man, as soon as I tuned it and gave it a strum the room filled with sound. Sound with balance,projection, and clarity. A sound that I would only expect from a FULL size guitar and one that was 3 times the price. Simply amzing. Great action right out of the box. The shipment arrived in like 2 days packaged beautifully with no damage at all. I brought it to a well kown professional luthier/guitar tech and he was even impressed by this little beast. He said all in all it was setup pretty nicely but he brought the action down a pinch, why not? Plus I was so pleased with this little beast I had him put a bone nut and bone saddle on it. Then, well, Game Over. Game over for even the full dreadnoughts, I think the tech wanted to keep it for his own fun. I am sure he'll get one. This guy works on the highest end of stringed instruments and his smile said it all. This was meant to be for travel and knockaround but not anymore, I will be taking care of this as it deserves it. Still the smaller size will come in handy when just relaxing on the couch, backyard, etc. No need to hug a tree anymore this thing is comfortable, loud,warm when fingerpicking with nicely balanced tones,( highs,mids, and lows.) The sustain is amazing and it will also stay in tune for days. Thank you ZZOUNDS you guys are awesome. Their payment plan is also a helpful, easy to use option that they offer. Giveem' a call they are friendlier and more helpful then any store associate at a big retail store. I never wrote a review before, ZZOUNDS was the exception. Customer for life, Wayne

"LX1 Little Martin X" submitted December 31, 2013

By Zan McMahan in Coffee Springs, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Purchased as a gift for my husband who is a songwriter and owns recording studio
Music Style: Country, Blues, Christian
Overall: I purchased this travel guitar for my husband who is a song writer and owns a recording studio. He was extremely pleased with the guitar and amazed at the sound it produces. He said it is as loud as an electric acoustic guitar and can't believe the rich tone that come from it. Love the guitar!!!

"little martin Xl1 guitar" submitted February 10, 2014

By Dolores I in New York, NY
Overall
Musical Background: jam at home and out with friends
Music Style: everything
Overall: the guitar was damaged, recieved a new one in 24 hrs, I am happy with the guitar , but the gig bag does not have enough storage, only one area, so i am unable to store all my music, strings and other things i need to travel with, if i was able to get a gig bag for my little martin LX1 it would make very happy, all in all I love the guitar, it is great for travel.

"Very Pleased" submitted February 27, 2014

Overall
Musical Background: 70 years non-professional piano, clarinet, dulcimer, harmonica, violin, and now guitar
Music Style: blues, rock, and classical
Overall: Everything it was advertised to be and more and the service from zZounds was perfect.

When you call, mention priority code 15FV-YQCS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976