When you call, mention priority code 154S-LQHV

Rating and Reviews: Martin LXBlack Acoustic

This Little Martin acoustic guitar is perfect for a wide variety of players, not just beginners. It's durable, easy to play, and comes with a gig bag.

"Great sound for the ize -- I love it!" submitted February 17, 2008

By a customer from cinci.rr.com
Overall
Musical Background: Play lots of instruments for several years.
Music Style: Alternative, country, rock,
Sound: It sounds great for the size -- much better than other comparible models Feature: Pretty im pressive for what it is. Nice tuners, stays in tune, and a really nice gig bag. Ease of Use: Very easy to play. I find myself neglecting my much more expensive full size guitar to play this one around the house Quality: Nice quality for the money, and the purpose. You probably won't record with tis thing for a rich tone, but it stays in tune even with the most aggressive strumming. Value: It's great bang for the buck Manufacturer Support: N/A Overall: I highly reccomend this product to any guitar player's collection. It's really fun. After I bought it, I was like why did I just buy this thing? I should take it back, and put the money towards a more "useful" guitar. But now, i would never part with it... it is becoming one of my favorites.

"Good guitar for reasonable expectations." submitted May 9, 2011

Overall
Music Style: a little of this a little of that
Sound: This is a good sounding guitar for its size. It loses a couple points, because I find that it can sound a bit "boxy." If you're a finger style blues player, you might actually find that to be a plus. I'm going to swap out the saddle for a bone one and do a few tweaks to the guitar, and I think I can get it dialed in just right. Feature: The case is well padded and useful. I think it's a nice touch to include a gig bag with any guitar. Even though this isn't the most expensive guitar in the world, I think it's pretty considerate of the folks at Martin to save their customers the money. Ease of Use: The action was a bit high for my tastes when I got it. I'm told that most of these come out of the box with a perfect low action, so maybe mine was just a fluke. I gave the truss rod a tiny turn, and I switched to a slightly smaller gauge set of strings and the problem went away. Quality: I've only had the guitar for a few days, but it's held up pretty well. I've already managed to drop it and overheat it in my car with no real adverse effects. This little guitar is my official beater, and I think it should serve the putpose well. Value: Let's be honest, this is not the greatest guitar in the world. However, it's probably the best guitar for what it's designed to do. I played this guitar next to the Baby Taylor, and I much preferred the slightly longer scale length. In terms of tone, I'd say the two were pretty much tied. Manufacturer Support: Martin has got excellent customer service. The Wow Factor: It's an average looking guitar that is going to get beat up over the years. I'm actually thinking it's going to look better once it's been "weathered" a little. A good beat up guitar can be a thing of beauty to some of us. Overall: This guitar fulfills everything that I want it to do.

"Not a bad travel guitar" submitted July 25, 2007

Music Style: All good
Sound: The tone is leaden, boxy, and small. In other words, it's in line with other travel guitars. Sounds better than most, though. Feature: The included gig bag is pretty nice. Otherwise, features aren't really this guitar's strong suit. It does one thing--exists as a travel guitar--very well. Ease of Use: Easy to play out of the box, but I understand that the Little Martins are a mixed bag. Maybe I'm just lucky. Quality: The quality is pretty good so far, but let's not kid ourselves...in terms of sound, fit, and finish, it's not an American-made Martin. With that said, it's durable as hell and can weather temperature extremes in ways that a wood-top guitar never could (I bought it for a beach camping trip). Value: A fairly good buy. If you just want something to practice on while you're traveling, the Washburn Rover is a better deal. This guitar is better for playing to a (small) audience or using outdoors. Overall: If you keep your expectations reasonable--it's a travel guitar!--it's easy to be satisfied with this instrument. It's inexpensive, comes with a really nice bag/backpack, and will keep you in practice while you're on the road. Bonus points for the HPL construction, too. My "real" acoustic has a solid cedar top, but you can't beat this weird plasticy stuff for outdoor use.

"amazing sound for the size" submitted December 21, 2004

By a customer from comcast .net
Musical Background: 40 year hobbyist
Music Style: country, blue grass, rock
Sound: needed slight bridge reduction for that easy smooth Martin feel Quality: especially impressed with the quality of the composite top The Wow Factor: cute and impressive for it;s size Overall: sound for the size. Bridge (fulgrum) had to be shaved to adjust stings height to prevent pain

When you call, mention priority code 154S-LQHV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976