When you call, mention priority code 207-6SPR

Rating and Reviews: Martin GPCRSGT

Strum or play leads on Martin's GPCRSGT acoustic-electric -- its Venetian cutaway and Richlite fretboard provide a comfortable feel for higher-register runs.

"Great guitar" submitted May 4, 2016

By Jim Scherer in Jim Thorpe, PA
Musical Background: Playing professionally for 37 years
Music Style: I play a lot of classic country,rock and blues
Overall: Let me tell you this is not your grandaddy's Martin. Being a live performer I always felt that Martin was behind Takamine and Taylor when it came to making a plug in acoustic. Well after trying several different plug in acoustics I was really happy with this model Martin. First off I love the size of it. I'm only 5'7" and this mini jumbo body fits me very comfortably. The sound plugged in is very natural it sounds almost the same as if you where playing it on your couch. It's an all solid guitar, comes with the case and is at a great price point. I can't tell you how many things I have purchased from zZounds and what a great company they are to offer payments so that working stiffs like me are able to afford such great instruments.

"Excellent Guitar" submitted July 5, 2016

By Dennis D in Cranberry Twp., PA
Overall
Musical Background: Used to play out, now just at home.
Music Style: Classic rock.
Overall: This is my second Martin and I'm very pleased with it. The first one was a MF special run and had fret buzz that wouldn't go away. I bought it from zZounds and as usual they're service was great. I ordered it on a Thursday and it was in my hands on Saturday. The guitar came well packed. I had to tweak the action a bit to get it to where I like it, (I like very low action) but the action was pretty good out of the box. It didn't come with an allen wrench which is could be a problem because Martins require a special allen wrench that is extra long. I had one so no biggie. This guitar has a wider fretboard than I'm used to (1.75") but I soon realized I can arpeggiate better with my big hands on a wider fretboard than I can on something narrower like a Taylor, etc... The sound was very full, excellent bass. The neck felt good, no fret edges. The finish was smooth, all of the seems were true. The endpin came unattached. I've never seen this before but have read that it's common on Martins for safety issues in shipping. Putting in on was very easy, I just had to sand down the inside of the pin to get it in all the way. The case was included and is good quality and will protect the guitar. This is a very good guitar that's going to be a keeper! I can see many more Martins in my future! If you're on the fence, buy one, you won't regret it!

""Dude.....I got a MARTIN!"" submitted August 12, 2016

By Barnabas C in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Overall: The guitar is advertised that the neck "plays like butter" but out of the box (or beautiful case that it comes with) it didn't. But that was okay. It played WELL, but not like butter. So I took it to a luthier who did minor adjustments to both the saddle and the nut and had the strings changed to a lighter gauge. Well, 58 dollars and 62 cents later it DOES play like butter. I love the 1.75" width at the nut..... I wasn't sure about this guitar as I did buy it sight unseen. And honestly I didn't expect it to "play like butter" off the assembly line. But it had everything I wanted within my budget of $1000.... Solid wood everywhere except for the fret board. A case. Able to plug it in and jam with a band. You purists can say what you want about the rich lite fretboard....it is denser than wood, lighter than wood, and impervious to hot and cold weather changes. I've always wanted a Martin. This is a made in Mexico but the craftsmanship is A-one. If I ever gig with a Martin, uhhhh taking out a D-28 would be pretty foolish in my book. So this brilliant acoustic guitar is a higher end "beater" for me. And....it's a MARTIN! Calling it a "beater" is no disrespect. I mean this guitar is a "Road Series" model. And I see why they call it "Road Series." It rips, it's a MARTIN, and if It ever gets lost or stolen it would be easily replaceable. Great lows and great even-sound across the strings acoustically OR amplified. A little more polite sounding than my 20 year old Ovation (talk about a "beater") yet this guitar (after having it set-up) is an extension of me now. It even smells gorgeous. Beautiful well constructed case as well. I am still going to buy a D-28 or D-18. It will most likely not ever leave my house. And I will probably buy it from zzounds....whom I have bought a lot of gear from and they have always done exactly what they said they were going to do. Thanks zZounds!! Before writing this review I was playing my just-back-from-the-luthier Martin GPCRSGT guitar and was thinking as I played "Dude....you got a MARTIN" Yeah it's true. I did. And you should too!!! "Dude....I GOT A MARTIN!!!"

"Worth the look" submitted March 1, 2016

By Jorge M in Miami, FL
Overall
Overall: An all solid wood Martin with electronics for $999 almost seems unreal. The compromise is that it is MIM, but not a deal breaker since the quality and sound is Martin through and through.

When you call, mention priority code 207-6SPR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976