When you call, mention priority code 156G-G973

Rating and Reviews: Martin GPCPA4 RW Guitar

This modern Martin combines warmth and crisp clarity, thanks to a solid spruce top, solid rosewood back and sides, and Grand Performance cutaway body style.

"Martin Delivers" submitted January 19, 2013

By Stephen J in West Lafayette, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for year and half. Mostly play at home.
Music Style: Retro Rock, Country
Overall: Two weeks ago I purchased the Martin GPCPA4 Rosewood Performing Artist Acoustic-Electric Guitar from zZounds. This was not my first Martin, but it was my best to date. I have a Martin DX1 RAE and a Martin D16RGT. They are both fine guitars, but the GPCPA4 Rosewood is in my opinion a better guitar. I was impressed with the quality of sound right out of the box. The guitar came with a hard case as well. Deep rich bass and outstanding middle and highs. The sustain on this guitar is awesome! I am very impressed with this guitar overall. This guitar doesn't have the overly bright sound of most of the other guitars I compared it against, while chosing a new guitar. Even unpluged this guitar has great volume. The only thing it doesn't have that I would of prefered, would be a total gloss finish, not just the solid sitka spruce top, but that said it still looks beautiful. I would highlyreccomend this guitar.

"Excellent guitar!" submitted June 4, 2012

By Kino M in Anchorage, AK
Musical Background: 23 years experience
Music Style: rock, blues, christian, reggae, rnb and pop
Overall: I am very happy with my purchase of this guitar. First, thank you zzounds for your excellent customer service! This guitar just looks gorgeous. I picked this over a dreadnought just because I really liked the looks of it better and the sound is very well balanced! With the grand performance body, you don't loose the loudness of a dreadnought at all and you get this beautiful body shape and style at the same time. I love standard martins, but this performance artists series just suits me better because the neck profile is very fast and smooth and the bridge spacing is a lot better than any other models I've tried. Read about the neck profile details and bridge spacing of this guitar and you would know what I'm talking about. The guitar is very versatile. The cutaway is great because I play up there too. Unplugged, the sound is crisp, warm, balanced! Not too much bass that overwhelms mids and trebles. Plugged in, the sound becomes even better!!! THe fishman pickup is just amazing! You get a tuner built in too and that's very helpful to any musician I would say. Trust me, you will love this guitar unplugged or plugged in. I agree with other people saying that this guitar sounds like Martin and Taylor combined. How cool is that? Warm and crisp sound combined. Overall, I would recommend this guitar and for the price, you get the best bang for the buck! All solid wood, fishman pickup, glossy top satin sides, cutaway, big tuners, fast neck, great sound plugged/unplugged, beautiful case and it really smells good like a fresh wood its addicting! Thank you zzounds for a wonderful experience!

"The Martin Rosewood GPCPA4" submitted July 30, 2013

By Ron K in Fishersville, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I usually play at home but sometimes in public. I have played for 50 years.
Music Style: Folk, Soft Rock, Country, Christain
Overall: I recently purchased this guitar. I had been looking to make a purchase as a retirement gift for several years. I spent as lot of time doing research as I felt this might be my last major guitar purchase. I couldn't have been more pleased. I always wanted a rosewood guitar as opposed to mahogany (every guitar I had bought in the past were mahogany.) First the appearance of the guitar was outstanding, like a work of fine art. The most important factor, however, was how the guitar sounded. I was very pleased with the rich, balanced sound. It was typical Martin sound, something that other guitar manufacturers are still trying the figure out. The amplified sound was also top of the line. Finally, I found that this guitar was easy to play. I know that Martins traditionally are tougher to play, but not with this one. You bought a Taylor for its ease of play and a Martin for the sound. This guitar has both. When you pick this guitar up you immediately feel that you are holding a quality instrument. In conclusion, the Martin Rosewood GPCPA4 was the best guitar in this category for the price. (The dealer told me that to get a Taylor solid Rosewood, I would be paying almost twice as much.)

"Amazing!!" submitted November 20, 2013

By Shelly H in Johnson city, NY
Overall
Overall: Purchased this guitar for my son's 16th bday!! He has been playing it everyday!! He is constantly playing it back to back with his previous guitar, just to revel in the beauty if the sound. Beyond this being a beautiful instrument, I would never purchase from anyplace but Zzounds, they are the best.. I had it the very next day after placing my order. Love the guitar and this retailer!!!!!

"Great guitar at a great price" submitted July 15, 2014

By Steve S in Ofallon, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist and semi-pro for 30 years.
Music Style: Acoustic, rock, blues
Overall: I've owned every brand and level of guitar you can imagine and this is a winner. At first, I thought it was a little too thin sounding for my taste but when I replaced the light gauge strings with medium gauge (I usually use light), it made a world of difference in the tone. The Rosewood seems to like thicker strings and the tone and playability is perfect for me now. Electronics sound great on stage with minimal controls to deal with and a minimal cutout of wood so the guitar acoustically doesn't lose anything.

"Very nice guitar I love it!!" submitted February 2, 2013

By Marvin(Dean) Harvey in Anadarko, OK
Overall
Musical Background: I love to Jam, extreme hobby! Play lead and rythm guitar, some percussion!
Music Style: Rock, Blues, and some Country
Sound: Very sweet and crisp, so far I haven't had to make any adjustments yet. I play it through a small Fender Acoustic 100 amp(New) and I have no problems yet. Feature: So far I haven't had any major issues, I had to tighten the nut that keeps the plug in snug, I assume it worked it's way loose during shipment, just took me a few seconds to fix. There is a slight rough spot on the edge of the guitar in the cut away section, I don't think its a big deal(Could be glue, not sure and its very minor an not on the wood, you have to search for it). Ease of Use: Very easy to play, no problems at all!! Quality: Product seems to be very well made, when I look in the sound hole I do get a little nervous with the circuit board and wiring, couldn't tell you how good it is or how long it will last...this is my first electric acoustic and I assume they are all this way. Value: Yes! Manufacturer Support: My first buying experience with Martin. The Wow Factor: Just a beautiful guitar to look at that plays very easy and has great tone. Overall: Anytime I went to an actual dealer and tried out the electric acoustics I always drifted toward the Taylor's, I just loved the way they sounded. When I got more serious I checked the local Guitar store and tried out several guitars that would fit into my budget, the Taylor's that I liked were at least $200 more and this Martin actually sounded better in my opinion, I even tried the Breedlove's and in this particular price range I still chose this Martin. I went with zZounds because they were willing to do the 8 month payment plan, this helped me out a lot, I had always told myself that I would never buy a guitar without checking it out first, so I was a little on edge on how it would look and sound(each guitar is individually different). So far I couldn't be happier, the guitar sounds great! My other worry was how careful would the shipping company be with my guitar? I had chose the regular ground shipping because it didn't cost me an arm and leg, when I finally received the guitar my worries were unfounded the guitar fits so snug in the case that it is very protected.(My only gripe is that the shipping company could not find my address and I had to wait an extra day and ended up going to the actual shipping center to get it, I won't tell you which company it was but it has these two letters in the name FX)

"Awesome Rosewood Martin!!!" submitted September 10, 2012

By Jim K in Huntersville, NC
Musical Background: Worship Leader
Music Style: Worship, folk-rock, country
Overall: If you are going to get a performing artist guitar and dont need or want the aura electronics, save some money and get the Martin GPCPA4 Rosewood or DCPA4 Rosewood model! They both have the F1 built in electronics that are great and if you play thru an acoustic amp or especially if you are run thru a soundboard, you probably dont need the aura anyway. A steal for a solid wood Sitka top, rosewood back and sides, Martin! The sound is rich, strong, and precise! I did buy the Martin GPCPA 2 but I think this guitar sounds just as good, just less bling, inlays, gold tuners, aforementioned aura, etc. Great service as always at zZounds!!! My third Martin purchase here! Highly recommend!

"Big Bang for the Buck!" submitted October 11, 2012

By Jim K in Huntersville, NC
Musical Background: Professionally, Worship Leader
Music Style: Worship, Country, folk-rock
Overall: WOW! All solid woods with Rosewood back and sides! This is a classic Martin. I also have purchased the Martin GPCPA2 which is the same guitar but with inlays and the aura sound versus the analog. The GPCPA2 is definatley better looking but for twice the money, save yourself the cash and get the GPAPA4 Rosewood! Auditorium power with the clear, crisp Martin sound, this is the real deal! Best deal on the market for a performing and studio quality guitar! I really like the Fishman F1 sound with built in tuner knobs that are almost flush with the guitar. Also, at the back of the guitar you have a hatch to insert the battery instead of the battery being in the hard to access soundhole. There is a separate strap knob as well instead of trying to get your strap over the input jack! Great guitar, highly recommend the guitar and buying it at zZounds which has the lowest prices and excellent customer service and communication. They ship fast to!!!

When you call, mention priority code 156G-G973. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976