When you call, mention priority code 20Y-831K

Rating and Reviews: Martin GPCPA4 Acoustic

Experience the joy of plugging in and playing with this Martin acoustic-electric guitar. The Fishman electronics give you tone shaping capabilities and more.

"Martin GPCPA4 Performance Artist Guitar" submitted April 29, 2012

By John S in Reading, PA
Musical Background: Playing acoustic guitar for 35 years
Music Style: rock and finger style
Overall: This is a professional grade guitar. It arrived with NO SETUP NEEDED !!!Beautifully crafted, no flaws and great base, mid and treble voice. On board tuner and unobtrusive electronics are excellent.Beautiful hard shell case.Excellent value for this Martin and ZZsounds play as you pay is a great plan!!!

"Martin GCPA4 Acoustic" submitted April 24, 2013

By RITA B in HUNTSVILLE, AL
Overall
Musical Background: BEEN PLAYING FOR 38 YEARS. GUITAR, PIANO, ORGAN; PROFESSIONALLY AND FOR PURE PLEASURE
Music Style: CHRISTIAN, FOLK, ALTERNATIVE, EDGY ACOUSTIC, ROCK
Overall: I've been playing acoustic guitar for 38 years...both professionally and for fun.As a single parent for years living on a budget and constantly juggling financial priorities, I never in a million years thought I would ever own a Martin. Thanks to you guys for making a dream come true. Zzounds offered a competitive price and a payment plan that I could afford and had a new Martin in my hands three days after I ordered it. The quality of the craftmanship is indescribable. The warm sound that comes from this instrument is unbelievable. I absolutely love the built in tuner...what a bonus!! And you just can't beat Fishman electronics....that was the final selling point for me! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this happen for me (I just made my last payment this month)!!

"GPCPA4 Martin Acoustic-electric guitar" submitted February 16, 2013

By Hugh K in Marshall, IL
Musical Background: Christian. i have been playing about 35 years
Overall: I am soooo satisfied with this fabulous guitar. The onboard Fisherman analog system is awesome! From the moment it arrived i fell in love with the hard case and the magnificent craftsmanship of this product. I will cherish it as one of my most cherished possesions.

"gocpa4" submitted November 17, 2013

By Tim C
Music Style: Hard rock, acoustic, finger picking
Overall: I got this guitar last week, I really cannot put this down. I was worried about shipping being an expensive guitar but it looks like it was handled really well. I received it the next day after buying because zzounds is in New Jersey and I'm in pa. The guitar is gorgeous. Bass notes almost sounds as if played from a piano. I was originally planning on buying a Taylor 314ce but chose this because of the neck and tone. The neck is slim for an acoustic and makes it super easy to play for hours. I love this guitar. It plays just as well and sounds as good as the high end Martin and Taylor's I played. Couldn't be happier..

"Finally got a Martin" submitted February 20, 2014

By John M in Asheville , NC
Overall
Musical Background: play mainly for myself most of my life
Music Style: rock blues country
Overall: Ordered the GPC PA4 from Zzounds and received 2 days later. temp outside was 5 degrees on delivery day so I brought inside and waited. Finally I opened next day in perfect shape with nice case, tuned up and began to play...sounded great! I have only tuned slightly once since...built in tuner is handy. Sounds good played through amp or not. Had to call Martin but problem resolved promptly and politely.

"My Dream guitar" submitted April 7, 2015

By Carlos C in Inglewood, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Played in bands for years. Home recording. Played a couple instruments.
Overall: I will not get too technical about this. All I will say is that I finally have a Martin and it is everything I wanted in a guitar! If you want one go for it, life is too short!! It complements well with my dreadnaught Taylor for recording purposes. I'm happy I finally decided to get my Martin (thanks wife for your support).

"Best Acoustic I Ever Owned" submitted April 8, 2014

By Terry B in Macon, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist, 45 years, I've played proffesionally and with some top names in the industry.
Music Style: Country, Blues,Southern Rock
Overall: I am not an acoustic guy. That being said, I was blow away when I picked up this guitar! The feel of the neck. The setup right out of the box. The tone. It's all GREAT! I've been searching for an acoustic that I would say is a keeper. This is it! Thanks Martin! And thanks to zZounds for enabling me to have a guitar that if not for them and their awesome Pay as you play plan, I wouldn't have!

"GCPA4 Acoustic elec. Martin" submitted April 12, 2015

By a customer from hotmail.com in Lititz, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Tenor sax guy for many years. Also dabble on Banjo if the spirit moves me.
Music Style: Blues, folk , and classic rock.
Overall: Have a Martin 00015sm which sounds great, Wanted an acoustic elec. Martin also. Just purchased model GCPA4. It sounds as good as the 00015sm. and was set up very similar . would highly recommend either one . You will not be disappointed. played through the Fishman Amp. GREAT Amp also!!

"My Martin gpcpa4" submitted May 4, 2014

By Hayes C in Riverview , FL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar since I was nine yrs old. I jam at home.
Music Style: Rock, blues
Overall: I love this guitar! It sounds great, records great and looks great. I couldn't be happier. It is very easy to play also. I made the right choice. I would encourage anyone to buy this guitar.

"GPCPA4 MARTIN" submitted March 3, 2014

By larry n in wetumpka, AL
Music Style: country
Overall: I purchased this guitar and could not be happier.Great buying experience,the sales person knew his product answered all my question.

"Beyond Impressed" submitted April 1, 2015

By Jody R in Buffalo, NY
Musical Background: 20+ Years Electric/Acoustic
Music Style: Anything that's fun to play.
Sound: The sound is sweet and beautiful to my ears. I don't own any $10,000 guitars so I can't compare it to the best in the world. However, It's better than anything I've ever owned in the $3000 price range. Feature: I'm an ebony fingerboard guy and the richlite delivers perfectly as a substitute. It's designed as a practical gigging guitar so the features are minimal. It has just what it needs and not much more. Nothing to complain about there. In the looks department, It's nothing flashy but that's what I wanted. Just a satin finish guitar with a certain "Martin" dignity to it. Don't get me wrong, It looks great, but they make a flashier model of the same guitar with gloss rosewood back and sides instead of satin sapele. I chose this one instead, and I think I chose well for my tastes. Ease of Use: First, I am an electric player by heart and I have been searching for that acoustic neck with an electric feel all my life. Found it. End of story there. Second, as an electric player, I have been searching for a playable action on an acoustic guitar all my life. I have repeatedly taken guitars to shops telling them "name any price, but get me the best action possible on this guitar". Every time they say "this is the best you're going to get on an acoustic" and I have been less than impressed. This guitar has better action out of the box than most Strats I've owned. Quality: It's new today but seems like it is built to Martin standards. No problems out of the box. Value: I truly expected just another semi-cheap guitar to kick around with and eventually sell because it just didn't compare at all to the extremely pricey models. I couldn't have been more wrong. I've seen questions online if this compares to the 2xx or 3xx series Taylors. I would burn a 4xx series Taylor before scratching this guitar (and I have owned them). Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it yet. Overall: I have ordered countless guitars hoping to open the box and find "the one" only to be disappointed every time. I have played countless guitars in stores, and short of $5000+ guitars, never been REALLY impressed. I have owned many guitars in the $1000-$3000 price-range and ended up never really being able to fall in love with any of them. So out they go. When I opened this box today and tuned this guitar up I was speechless. I truly expected just another semi-cheap guitar to kick around with and eventually sell because it just didn't compare at all to the extremely pricey models. I couldn't have been more wrong. First, I am an electric player by heart and I have been searching for that acoustic neck with an electric feel all my life. Found it. End of story there. Second, as an electric player, I have been searching for a playable action on an acoustic guitar all my life. I have repeatedly taken guitars to shops telling them "name any price, but get me the best action possible on this guitar". Every time they finish and say "this is the best you're going to get on an acoustic" and I have been less than impressed. This guitar has better action out of the box than most Strats I've owned. I'm an ebony fingerboard guy and the richlite delivers perfectly as a substitute. It's designed as a practical gigging guitar so the features are minimal. It has just what it needs and not much more. Nothing to complain about there. In the looks department It's nothing flashy, but that's what I wanted. Just a satin finish guitar with a certain "Martin" dignity to it. Don't get me wrong, It looks great, but they make a flashier model of the same guitar with gold trim and gloss rosewood back and sides instead of satin sapele. I chose this one instead, and I think I chose well for my tastes. I've seen questions online if this compares to the 2xx or 3xx series Taylors. Not even in the same league with this guitar. I would burn a 4xx series Taylor before scratching this guitar (and I have owned them). Overall, this guitar makes me want to PLAY it more than any acoustic I've ever touched; That is the bottom line for me. I am proud to say this is my new guitar.

"Just WOW" submitted February 16, 2016

By Leo Moranti in Lancaster, CA
Musical Background: Guitar and Piano
Music Style: Country/Rock/Blues
Overall: I've always wanted a Martin and thanks to zZounds I now own one! Great right out of the box. I changed the strings to Elixir mediums and this beauty sounds fantastic and plays very well!

"if you go cheap........" submitted May 3, 2012

By Milo P in Bozeman, MT
Musical Background: Everything under the sun for 30+ years
Music Style: blues, alt, world sounds, originals
Overall: tried another brand name entry level guitar....could not believe the mess I got out of the box.....I was skeptical a pro set up could rescue it, and it couldn't...no problems on the exchange and zZounds saved me from a big mistake.....moved to a Martin slightly above entry level....HUGE DIFFERENCE....plays, feels, sounds like it should and more..this is before any setup attention, which I will still get done and highly reccomend to be expected for ANY guitar purchased....zZounds handled the exchange exceptionally without flinching, way to go zZounds
16 of 22 people (72.73%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20Y-831K. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976