When you call, mention priority code 154X-F8PN

Rating and Reviews: Martin DXMAE X Series

Grab your Martin dreadnought acoustic with professionally installed Fishman electronics at a price that doesn't break your piggy bank.

Overall

"It sounds far better than one would expect in this price range." submitted June 12, 2011

Overall
Music Style: rock, country and blues
Sound: I love this guitar, it is what I expected it to be. It does not sound like a $2,000 Martin, but then I didn't expect it to. It has beautiful tone and it looks amazing. The same detail to workmanship that Martin puts into their other guitars is there. The tone is bright along with that deep end tone that Martin is famous for. I have played it just about every day since I received it four weeks ago. Feature: I like that the tone and volume control is inside the sound hole at the edge of the top of the hole, easy to get to, but out of the way. The battery pack uses a Velcro pad to stick it to the back inside of the guitar and it appears one would have to loosen the E and A string to get to it, but with a 100 hour expected life of the battery that is OK with me. Ease of Use: One can get a lot of tonal changes depending on how close to the bridge or neck you strum. I have always loved that in a Martin guitar and it holds true with this model. Again it does not sound like a $2,000 plus Martin, but you really would not expect that with this price range. It rings clear and deep to my ears. Quality: The guitar looks fantastic and the woodwork on the neck and up to the tuning pegs is awesome. Only drawback is there are no position makers on the neck itself, they are only on the side of the neck, which makes it difficult to play slide guitar with it laying flat on my lap, I guess that's why they make dobros, LOL. Value: For the price range I don't think you could do better with any other company. The craftsmanship really stands out, it looks and sounds just like I thought it would and compared to my other acoustics it shines way above them, in fact I will probably sell all but one of them, it's good to have a spare in case I want to go camping. Manufacturer Support: I filled out my warranty online and got a letter with my registration card in the mail a week later, that's pretty fast for a company this big. The Wow Factor: I used the four payment plan at Zzounds and that allowed me to afford something this fantastic. It's a beautiful guitar and I would suggest it to anyone looking for a great find in price and workmanship. No, I do not work for Martin, neither does anyone I know. Overall: I expect this guitar to last and continue being top quality sound for the rest of my life. Because of the top wood used the guitar will sound better each passing year. I have been playing guitar professionally for over 30 years and have toured in bands and have had Gibson and Fender electrics as my main guitar most of that time. I also play pedal steel guitar and now I have a Martin added to my collection of favorite guitars.
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A Martin in my price range" submitted November 18, 2013

By William B in Paulden, AZ
Musical Background: Got my first Guitar in 1968 and have played since
Music Style: Christian Worship, Folk, Bluegrass
Overall: For 30+ years I have dreamed of owing a Martin. Not because of the name (though there must some of that in there somewhere), but because of "that" sound. I have a number of guitars and have to admit I am OK with them, I play, make music, and that's what it is all about. I am not a professional, but I play a lot. Well last week I bumped into an add from ZZound for a DXMAE and came face to face with the reality that I just might be able to pick my own Martin. I have played friends Martin's (even a genuine Herringbone) and have to say I was not disappointed one iota when I tuned this thing up today. It has "that" Martin sound and feel I have been waiting for. I am not ashamed that this guitar is on the lower cost scale - I am blessed to have a Martin. Well done guys.

"Martin DXMAE" submitted March 12, 2014

By David U in Grayson, KY
Overall
Musical Background: I've played for 32 years. I do open mic nights in my area and have sat in with local bands many years ago.
Music Style: Country,. country-rock, acoustic rock, folk
Overall: I got my Martin DXMAE and I can say I'm pleased for the most part. It is well constructed but wasn't set up very well at all. I don't know if this is a Martin or zZounds issue. After neck adjustments were made it became playable but it is still not where I want it to be. Playing the guitar alone it has a lot of treble and mid overpowering the base. Plugged up I get the full range of sound I'm looking for. Overall not bad for an in-expensive Martin by no means great.

When you call, mention priority code 154X-F8PN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976