When you call, mention priority code 15G6-8HMJ

Rating and Reviews: Martin DX1AE X Series

Get that rich, dynamic Martin sound for an affordable price -- courtesy of this acoustic-electric's solid Sitka spruce top and Fishman Sonitone electronics.

Overall

"You absolutly cannot beat this Martin for the money, NO WAY!!!!" submitted September 26, 2011

By a customer from gulfstreammergers.com
Musical Background: Active Musician, Worship Leader
Music Style: Praise & Worship
Sound: I do not think you can buy a better sounding guitar for anywhere near the price of this Martin. Also, the minute you pick it up , the feeling is like no other guitar I know of, solid to the core. Plays great, good action, clear crisp, Martin sound with plenty of projection. As much as I like the looks of the Epiphone EJ 200 for example or the Epiphone John Lennon guitar, or some of the Takamines, they are so dull sounding compared to the Martin. The only other guitar under $2,000 thats as good is another Martin or many of the Guilds. The Guilds have a different sound and feel but very high quality and all solid woods. I play this guitar thru a Fender Acoustasonic Jr DSP and its fantastic. Feature: I purchased a Martin 640 case to go with the guitar. This Martin as most Martins is not flashy and is low on "extras" like inlays, bone nut and saddle etc. I did add bone bridge pins which I highly recommend. You can get them for anywhere between $25 to $100 and its well worth it. Adds even more to the already strong sound.I do miss the bridge inlays and markers. But honestly, unless someone really knows their guitars, it would be very difficult to tell this Martin from a $2,500 Martin. You have to go over $3,000 to get a different headstock that someone would really notice. Sound controls hidden in soundhole work better than having them outside in a clumsy black box drilled into the side of the guitar. The new Martin performing series this year has come out with flush rubber like dials on the outside of the guitar that also have tuning included that look great and fit right into the design of the guitar. Ease of Use: Plays great, feels awesome in your hands, action could be lower but this is not a $2,000 + guitar either. I've been playing all my life and I'm in my fifties and this guitar is excellent for a beginner or a seasoned pro. I use it to back up my Guild but I have recorded with it as well, its that good. Quality: Very well made. We will see how the HPL sides and back hold up but comparing it to other guitars in the price range you do not see any sloppy workmanship like excess glue, pieces not fitting togerth perfectly etc, seems very well designed and made. Value: Again, you cannot find a quality brand new guitar like this without spending at least double or triple. Manufacturer Support: Not had any problems or reasons to call. They have been good about notifying me of Martin events and special deals etc. The Wow Factor: Not sexy but you feel like you are driving a rolls royce not a yugo Overall: As long as it holds up, I will enjoy this guitar.
27 of 28 people (96.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This is a wonderful opportunity to have something really worth the price: Don't blow it!" submitted October 11, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist, Aspiring guitarist. Songwriter.
Music Style: Pop acustical
Sound: O.K., I gave it a nine. It's not a 4,000 to 10,000 dollar insturment made of Brazillian Rosewood! What this guitar does do however is give you real value for your money. It's a real pleasure to say something nice about this guitar! First of all you should know I'm a beginner. I've been playing since April. As a beginner I started with several low end guitars before I sat down and played this Martin. The cool thing about finding the right guitar is that the right one for you will sing to you personally as you play it. And this guitar did just that! Is it worth it? You bet! In my way of thinking you should buy a guitar that you will aspire to be worthy of enventually. When you do that it makes you want to be better. It's true that you could spend less, or more for a guitar but why bother until you are good enough to get paid for playing? If you are looking for an excellent well balanced tone, an easy neck and an insturment that stays in tune it's worth the extra cash to really get value recieved. Nuff said! Feature: Nope. For $500.00 bucks you get the guitar. But after you strum it for awhile you won't mind at all. In fact you will easily fork over the money for a good case to protect it. A Martin, regardless of the price, sells itself. Ease of Use: You'd think that HPL, or high pressure laminate back and sides, means settling for a cheap sound. But with this guitar you would be wrong. The tone is wonderful and will only get better with age! That’s attention to detail in the Luthier’s art. Making a really good guitar means attention to the elements that make up its design and construction and this is where Martin excels. Quality: Everything about a Martin is excellent! When you buy one you are buying an American icon and that's true no matter if it's made in Martin's US factory in Pennsylvania, or the one in Mexico. Chris Martin IV, just like his fore barriers, understands that the company’s reputation rides on every instrument that leaves the factory. It’s been that way since 1833 and it’s still true today. Value: Like I mentioned earlier, you are buying more then just a guitar, you are buying a classic American icon. Just like a Harley, or Corvette. You will enjoy playing this guitar every time you pick it up. And everytime you pick it up you will get value received. Manufacturer Support: They are there when you need them. If there was a problem they will help you solve it. The Wow Factor: You are going down a road that can be financially dangerous. In the end; you will, if you keep playing, have a small room filled with guitars that are your best friends. Each has its own wonderful voice and each provides a sound you crave depending style of music you play. That's the professional view. If playing casually is what you want to do, then you will only have one good guitar that you bought that grew to be your best friend. Doesn't it make sense to go an extra mile for an instrument that will always go an extra mile for you? Overall: If I had children they would be fighting over this guitar after I've gone the way of the dodo bird. It rewards anyone who picks it up to play it.
25 of 28 people (89.29%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Martin quality and sound at a price anyone can afford" submitted July 27, 2014

By Julian Porter in Vass, NC
Overall
Music Style: Play with friends and at home for fun. Started playing in 1967, so over 40 years now. Mostly classic, rock, folk and folk roc
Overall: I recently bought a Martin DX1AE acoustic electric guitar from zzounds.com. It came in only four days, and was even better than I hoped. Sounds incredible, and plays like a dream! I am very pleased with this guitar and find that it sounds as good as my best friends 1972 D-28 which costs five times more than mine. Get one for yourself,you wii be stunned by the sound you get for the price !

"Martin DX1AE X" submitted May 29, 2014

By Lonny Terkay Band in Lakeland, FL
Overall
Musical Background: try to play for pay as much as I can, lead vocals, guitars, bass un signed recording artist cdbaby.com
Music Style: mainly acoustic rock ala zac brown neil young
Overall: very nice guitar, the action is always wined about in guitar reviews I on the other hand felt my guitars action was too low, the only thing I did was shim the saddle to raise it up, also this is to all guitar makers please loose the grovers or anything else that is not locking, they are all junk next up grade is hipshot locking tuners its really counter productive to do the string wrap thing, now on the sound Martins are always on point with being great with their quality and sound, I bought this as my back up to my Ovation which is need of a re fret after 20 years of use, over all its a hard to beat guitar for around 550 range

"Martin DX1AE" submitted November 14, 2012

By Joseph R S
Overall
Musical Background: 50yrs Performed with 12 piece Orchestra arrangements. I play Accoustic Guitar,Piano.
Music Style: I play Folk, Rock, Christian...Favorite Guitarist Glen Campbell. Other Artists Gordon Lightfoot, Beatles,Neil Diamond,Eric Clapt
Overall: I stopped by Guitar Center recently...This Guitar tone quaity is so sweet similar to my Martin D35. simple electronics on board @ this price is a steal. My Buy list for Christmas along with a Fishman AMP...will be awsome for small venues.

"Perfect condition" submitted January 9, 2014

By Henry B in Milwaukee, WI
Overall
Musical Background: Lead guitar, drums, vocals, some violin. Outlaw Country band SS Web, lots of touring
Music Style: Outlaw Country band SS Web, lots of touring.
Overall: This great guitar was ordered as "blemished" - but if it's blemished, I sure couldn't see it. Wonderful sound, quick shipment, thank you! So sorry Martin has discontinued this guitar.

"Good, solid guitar, especially for recording." submitted November 18, 2010

Eric from zZounds
Musical Background: Professional Musician
Music Style: Rock/Blues/Folk
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Sound: Good, quality sound, translates well on the electric sound as well. Feature: The tuner and preamp is kinda meh. Not very good for a live setting if you need to make changes on the fly. Quality: Very well made. The Wow Factor: It IS a Martin!

"Worth every penny." submitted June 12, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Blues
Sound: It has a very deep rich tone that fills a room. I owned one of these in the past but had to sell it due to money issues. I bought it again because I liked the sound and quality of it that much. Feature: It's an acoustic/electric but I've mainly played it acoustically. Quality: Fantastic quality for the money. Don't be fooled by the fact that it's made in Mexico. I would put this guitar up against any other in terms of quality. It doesn't have many bells and whistles but what do you expect from Martin for only $500? Value: Definitely worth the money. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it. Overall: I will not be on the lookout for another Acoustic any time soon. This one does everything I need it to do.

"Good guitar.......good sound.....good playability.....great price....." submitted December 29, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for 45 years or so....home recording is what I do now with an occasional jam with friends.
Music Style: Rock....some country.........
Sound: I played this in a store and it was easier to play and sounded beter than other guitars that were twice as much money. Feature: I kinda like that the volume and tone knobs are inside the sound hole. Just makes the outside look a little caleaner. Ease of Use: Like I said before ....it plays very easily.. Quality: Well, it's not solid wood but the laminate they use is supposed to be very strong and it saure seems to be. Also, it was great right out of the box. Value: For the price it's unreal how nice this guitar is......really.... Manufacturer Support: No problems so no contact with Martin The Wow Factor: Hey........it's a Martin guitar Overall: I'll have this as long as it lasts. I will not be spending $2000 any time soon on a guitar as long as I have this.

When you call, mention priority code 15G6-8HMJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976