When you call, mention priority code 20B-K3PH

Rating and Reviews: Martin DCPA4 Acoustic

Get classic Martin tone on stage or in the studio with Martin's onboard intelligence. The F1 Anolog electronics give you tone shaping capabilities and more.

"I finally found the perfect guitar for me!!!!" submitted October 3, 2011

Music Style: Acoustic Rock, Blues / Fingerstyle Country & Ragtime
Sound: The overall tone of this guitar is outstanding. Very balanced and warm. The cutaway seems to diminish the bass just a little, but for me it's worth it to have easier access to the upper register. The quality of the sound is excellent, my only complaint is a slight rattle in the electronics when I'm tuned in D, but once again it's worth it to have the preamp. It is incredibly expressive, it really shines when playing very soft fingerstyle, then it takes on a beautiful "bell-like" sound. The guitar is perfect for my playing style, and believe me that is where it gets tricky for me to find a single guitar to meet my expectations. I play fingerstyle blues, ragtime and country as well as flat-picking and aggressive rock strumming. This variety of music should actually demand multiple guitars, but I can summon upon it to do all of them tastefully. I wish it had better harmonics, but the quality of its warm, earthy bass makes me quickly dismiss the idea. I am a singer/song-writer at heart and I could find no better tool in the price range. It sounds great by itself, and everyone who has heard it pauses to admire it. I took it out for its first show two days after its purchase in probably the worst possible conditions. An open airy outdoor wedding with four hundred guests on a cold rainy day. When playing along side my partners Seagull, which has an excellent tone, it quickly made him feel inferior. I got lost on the way to rehersal the day before the show and had ten minutes to set up and be playing music for the wedding party. The Fishman F1 Analog almost instantly allowed me to achieve a great sound, and the brand new strings met the cold air and stayed in tune throughout the gig. That won me over immediately, as I greatly attribute a guitars quality to its ability to stay in tune. I've now tested it in multiple environments and it's beautiful in all of them. The action might be a little high for most rock guys and strummers. However, for me the action, the string spacing and the nut width are perfect for transitions between fingerstyle and picking. I also have a little trick i use for correcting this. I usually keep the guitar tuned in D and then place my capo to achieve standard tuning, this will bring the strings down a bit along the length of the neck, so for me, no mods are required. I havent had a chance to record with it, but I look forward to it. The F1 electronics really impressed me when directly in to a p.a system and even more through an amp, and believe it or not its built in tuner is decently accurate. I got the last one in Zzounds had in stock and she's a beauty. The grain in the top is gorgeous. Feature: It was shipped with a Martin hardshell case that I was not expecting! That was an awesome bonus. The only materials I wish this guitar had are an ebony fingerboard, bone nut and saddle, and a solid mahogany neck. But hey, there i go wishing to pay an extra thousand bucks. I am very pleased with the tonal properties of the sapale. I absoltely love the large tuning machines and their ratio. I'm also happy that it had two endpins, as I despise the old-school shoestring headstock tie method. The materials used are excellent, it made a guitar that performs well beyond its price range. Ease of Use: I'm really not a gearhead or electronics wizard, I'm a musician who appreciates the advances in technology but wants to get down to what i do and do it quickly. For me the Fishman F1 is perfect. It has 5 very musical presets and a volume and blend control. I'ts two rubber coated knobs that are very low profile, and a completely recessed digital tuner interface. I have a classy, traditional look with just the right blend of modern technology. And my guitsr desn't look like someone cut a giant hole and installed a Kenwood car stereo in it. There is no learning curve because it doesnt color and distort the guitars sound it simply allows you to tweek it to suit your means of amplification. There is no doubt in my mind that you could dial both knobs to half way and plug in to just about anything and have a good sound. If not, it's probably not the guitar, check the amp or the sound man. Quality: Of course it is high quality, it is a Martin. My only complaint in this department is the slight rattle that I get when tuned in d. It doesnt do it in standard and it hasn't even been enough of an issue for me to check it out, hell it might be an easy fix. The finish is awesome, it's not super glossy, but it's pretty and it seems to repell fingerprints. The wood selection on my guitar particularly is fantastic, it has a beautiful ripple effect in the grain. It was flawless, not a scratch or blemish anywhere. I appreciate Martins quality control standards. I definately feel like I can depend on it. Now I dont believe that they are built as durable as the high end Gibsons, but I can't afford a four thousand dollar pricetag. I usually prefer a Martins tone anyway. I believe as long as I dont beat it up, and take proper care of it, I'll be passing it down to my son. Value: It's absolutely worth the money. Manufacturer Support: I havent needed any service, but I've made this rating based upon friends who have. Ive always heard that Martins service was good. The Wow Factor: I love its elegance, tone, playability and simplictic beauty. Overall: I expect to be satisfied with this guitar for the rest of my life. I do love instruments so hopefully I'll have the money to add a Hummingbird to my collection someday, but for now I'm more than satisfied. As far as my music goes, the only supplement that I need is a twelve string. I will be adding some T.U.S.Q pins and a saddle. It's brought inspiration to my music, and in the end, isn't that what it's all about? I would definately replace it if it was stolen. What I like most about it is its outstanding setup for seamless transitions between fingerstyle and flatpicking.

"Martin has done it again!" submitted July 30, 2011

By a customer from nc.rr.com
Musical Background: 20+ years playn guitar
Music Style: Rock/Blues/Metal
Sound: Wonderful, thick, boomy sounds that you've come to know from Martin guitars. The first strum gave me goosebumps. Compared to my Ovasion, well there's really no comparison, Martin by a mile. Sounds great with my Egnater 20 and I have also had great results recording with it. Feature: My Martin DCP4 Performing Artists Series came with a hard shell case, great smell when you open the case! Ease of Use: Very easy to play, action is great and the sound is inspiring. Quality: Extremely well made, top knotch guitar. No backup for me, she's my one and only acoustic. My only comlaint would be that instead of making an ebony finger board it's some synthetic material, doesn't effect playability but for a $1000 plus guitar, you'd expect more. Value: Worth every penny, would buy one again if this one were to turn up missing. Manufacturer Support: I've heard they have great customer service but lucky for me, have not had to find out. The Wow Factor: Beautiful finish, very easy on the eyes. Overall: I'll never stop looking and purchasing guitars but my Martin DCP4 will stay in my collection.

"What A Wonderful Guitar" submitted May 20, 2014

By Tommy Steadman in Roswell, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar novice for personal pleasure.
Music Style: accoustic rock, country, blue grass, blues, bossa nova. I am particularly interested in finger style country and classic pop (a
Overall: Like many American teen males in the sixties, I began tinkering with the guitar and continued off and on for more than fifty years. Until now, all of the guitars I had acquired were inexpensive hand-me-downs save for a nice Yamaha I purchased new more than three decades ago during my last brief guitar flirtation. When my recurring guitar urge stirred again recently, I began researching a half dozen guitar manufactures and dozens of different models across a wide price range. I spent hours reading online reviews and I talked to many guitar owners and several retailers. As expected, I received varied opinions but my little informal survey steered me to Martin. At that point, I explored the extensive line of Martin guitars and eventually settled on the Martin DCPA4 based on its robust feature set, excellent owner reviews, reasonable price and value and the actual sound of the instrument. The instrument was securely packed and arrived in perfect condition. It came with a sturdy hard shell case and the workmanship, fit and finish are superb. The Martin DCPA4 is equipped with the Fishman F1 Analog electronics which includes an onboard tuner with led readout and tuning light indicator (for precise tuning in a noisy environment). The guitar comes strung with Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP7100) which produce outstanding sound from the DCPA4. Despite my age and years messing with guitars, I am still a novice and what I have written about the DCPA4 represents the limit of my technical knowledge. However, I do have a good ear and having played the DCPA4 daily for a month, it is clear that the guitar is beautifully built, sounds wonderful and is comfortably playable. Beyond the guitar itself, my experience with zZounds was my first but it won’t be my last. They have an excellent inventory of products, great prices, friendly sales and service support, convenient payment options and unbelievably fast shipping. I placed my order online on a Sunday, it shipped (for free) on Monday and it was delivered to my home in Roswell, GA shortly after noon on Wednesday – outstanding service at any price. zZounds is my guitar store.

"Martin DCPA4" submitted June 17, 2015

By Roger Williams in Nashville, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Played most of my life for family enjoyment. Guitar and piano.
Music Style: Country and gospel
Overall: This guitar is fantastic. Martin has finally come out with an affordable awesome guitar that comes up to the Martin standard. Picked it up and strummed it and said yes, I'll take it. Nothing sounds like a Martin, and this one has it right. I have played for family enjoyment with mom and dad most of my life and always wanted a Martin like this. Got it now!

"Martin has done it again, affordability meets quality craftsmanship from the top name in guitars!" submitted April 5, 2011

By a customer from nc.rr.com
Musical Background: 20+ years
Music Style: Beatles, Rolling Stones...Blues, POP, Metal
Sound: Guitar has that fantastic, boomy Martin sound. The first strum out of the box was magic. What a complete joy to play, highly recommended. Feature: On board tuner, EQ plus all wood Martin for under $1,0000....you just can't beat it. Ease of Use: If your sound is big, thick and flat out wonderful, shouldn't be much of a problem getting the sound your looking for, I know I didn't. Action is a tad high but nothing a good setup won't fix. Quality: It's a Martin, of course it's made well. My only complaint in the black richlite fingerboard. Not sure why ebony would have been so hard to use. I mean this isn't bottom line guitar here, it doesnt effect playabilty so I'll knock off 1 point. Value: I got a price match of $984! Beat that Guitar Center, I dare ya! Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use but I hear it's the tops! The Wow Factor: Beautiful guitar, very sexy! Overall: If lost/stolen, I'd buy another if they had any in stock. ZZsounds looks to be out until June! Yikes!

"Myself Martin & zz" submitted March 22, 2012

By glenn jackson in glen carbon, IL
Overall
Musical Background: BEEN PLAYING FOR OVER 40 YEARS IM A GUITARIST MAINLY DAB IN OTHER INSTRUMENTS
Music Style: I HAVE NEVER LIKED LABELS ON MUSIC THOUGH IT SERVES ITS PURPOSE I WOULD SAY I TRY AND CREATE CULTURALLY MIXED MUSIC
Overall: I purchase the Martin DCPA4 from zzounds and as i expected like my first consumer experience with these guys it again turned out to be a comfortable online shopping experience the Martin DCPA4 with the FISHMAN system is a wonderful product easy to play great sustain and fast action those of you who have researched this instrument know the specs its worth the affordable price my first change of strings when the time comes will be Elixir Nanoweb phosphor Bronze lights which is like a blending martin & Taylor im a real person trying to enjoy life learn and be creative and ZZOUNDS have shown me that they understand this journey and its wonderful how they work to make this exploration easier for the creative soul as i said im a real person consumer from Glen Carbon IL been performing and perusing song writing for years im well pleased with my Dcpa4 and my friends at ZZ live long & prosper and be creative. Mr. Jackson Glen Carbon iL

"Awesome Guitar" submitted March 30, 2012

By Joe Smith in Gadsden, AL
Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: Counrty, Christian
Overall: I was wanting a quality acoustic electric for awhile now and have played alot of different ones. I have made the right choice with this DCPA4. I love it. For a guitar in this price range you can't go wrong. I got it out of the box and tuned it and it plays great. The action needs no adjustment. It is nice and low the way I like it. The wood grain on the top is great. The back and sides look fantastic. It is a high quality instrument for a very fair price. Thank you zZounds for your great service. I ordered on Wednesday and was playing it on Friday. New Jersey to Alabama in 48 hours without a single scratch is unbelievable. If you want a great product get this guitar you will not regret it. I will keep mine forever

"Fantastic Guitar" submitted April 23, 2012

By Joe Smith in Gadsden, AL
Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: Christian and Country
Overall: I should never need to buy another acoustic guitar. I love this Martin DCPA4. It has a graet price for the quality of this product. I ordered fron zZounds on a Wednesday & was playing it the same Friday. I have a Les Paul and Fender CD60 acoustic. I have not picked either of them up since I have gotten the Martin. Great sound with an acurate tuner and simple Fishman electronics. I would definitly want another if it were ever stolen. The set-up was pretty good, although I did lower the action slightly.

When you call, mention priority code 20B-K3PH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976