When you call, mention priority code 175M-XVKJ

Rating and Reviews: Martin D35 Acoustic

This acoustic guitar features an ebony fingerboard, spruce top, and Indian rosewood back and sides. It's perfect for the player looking to make an upgrade.

Overall

"I am 66 years old I have played since I was 13. This is the best of many instruments I have owned." submitted November 30, 2006

Musical Background: In the past band and with gospel singers
Music Style: Country
Sound: My Martin was made in 1967. It is still in almost perfect condition. Just a little finish off around the soundhole. It sounds good even when the strings get old. Feature: no accessories were included. Ease of Use: Best on your fingers ease of play great Quality: No problems. Finish great after 39 years. Nothing loose nothing broke. Durable material was used for this guitar. Value: yes you get what you pay for. High or low At this price I would not order from the internet I would like to play it first. Manufacturer Support: I have had two other Martin guitars. One in the 70's and another travel guitar bought in 2005. The travel guitar is just ok no great sound or ease of playing there. The Wow Factor: Mine will stay where it is. Beautiful and beautiful sound is always good Overall: I have four other guitars. I would sell any of them for a GOOD price. I would not see the D35.
22 of 23 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Warning: If you try a Martin nothing else will be good enough!" submitted August 31, 2003

By a customer from zoominternet.net
Music Style: rock, country, classical
Sound: The Martin d35 has a dep rich tone. It can play any mood or style, and the dynamics come easily. It has great sound and tone all the way down the neck. The d35 sounds wonderful played along with the violin, and piano. It would sound great with any instrument. Feature: The guitar can in it's own hard shell case that helps keep the humidity at the right level. All of the parts are incredible. The frets and bridge are set up well. The tuning pegs are smooth and perfect. Quality: My Martin was handmade with solid wood on the sides, back and top. Mine is the d35 with a 3 piece split back. The wood and finish are perfect. All the wood is smooth and evenly grained. I can tell that they put a lot of pride into their work. Value: You get what you pay for. The enjoyment that I have gotten from my Martin acoustic guitar is priceless. It is worth every penny and more. If you spend a little more you'll enjoy your time spent with your instrument. I'm a beginning guitarist and I play the violin. I know the value of a great instrument. If you love your instrument, it's sound and it's easy and fun to play it is worth it's weight in gold. Manufacturer Support: Martin Guitar has a great website. The answered my questions quickly and sent out information to me in the mail for free. The were courteous, professional and friendly. You can also tour their factory. The Wow Factor: It has an alluring sound. The wood is gorgeous and blemish free with a terrific wood fragrance. One you pick it up you don't want to put it down. Overall: I chose the Martin D35, because having a great instrument is the best way to enjoy learning and playing the instrument. I know I will be playing my Martin Acoustic for years to come, and it will last to be pasted down in my family. If I don buy another guitar I would chose Martin again. I had a friend play almost every make of guitar at a local muscic shop and I chose Martin every time, because of it's deep rich strong tone.
36 of 38 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Proof Positive" submitted April 6, 2005

By a customer from netzero.com
Music Style: Folk rock/pop
Sound: I bought my D35 in 2000. I use Martin SP guitar strings (custom light gauge -- .011). With new strings, the sound is incomparable. However, as the strings get older, it seems to lose its brightness a bit more noticeably than on my other acoustics (a 2003 Gibson J100xtra and a 1984 Guild D16M). It's got a very integrated sound, very together, not noisy. Intonation is excellent. I am basically a fingerstyle player and it responds very well to the subtle nuances that really make the quieter picking tunes I play sound that much better. But I do have to change strings fairly often (once or twice a month) to keep the sound just the way I like it. Feature: I give this the highest rating because I like the austere, elegant look of this guitar. There's just enough there to make it look finished without looking gawdy. The Gotoh tuning mechanism is very accurate and responsive. The binding on the neck, the top and bottom of the body is very attractive. The solid Sitka spruce top grain is awesome and the finish is so fine. And of course the 3 piece back is a striking feature. Quality: Exemplary! The construction of this instrument is masterful. The woods and finish are awesome! The impression it gives is one of a very fine instrument, but yet it is not fragile and can be put through the paces with some abuse mixed in without affecting its appearance, construction and function adversely. But one still needs to take some common sense measures to maintain its looks and playability, like not storing it in a position where the neck is loaded, storing it in its case and ensuring that the air during heating season is adequately humidied. Value: This guitar is like an old friend to me, one whose companionship I value greatly. I don't ever want to part with this one. Manufacturer Support: I've not had any real need to solicit the services of Martin's support. So I'm just guessing on this one! The Wow Factor: No comment except that, "I BOUGHT IT!" Overall: A fine instrument overall, in terms of sound, playability and construction. The D35 is proof positive that a Martin guitar is deserving of its enduring reputation as a superior American-made instrument.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"D35 MARTIN IS WHAT IT SAYS IT IS!!!!!" submitted March 4, 2006

By a customer from VERIZON.NET
Musical Background: ACTIVE MUSICIAN
Music Style: BLUEGRASS GOSPEL
Sound: GREAT BASS SOUND FOR BLUEGRASS LEAD OR RYTHM FLAT OR CROSS PICKING! Feature: THE WOODS UUSED IN THIS GUITAR ARE A PERFECT BLEND OF LOOKS AND SOUND! Ease of Use: PLAYS LIKE A DREAM. Quality: IT'S A MARTIN WHICH STANDS FOR QUALITY. Value: YES EVERY PENNY! Manufacturer Support: MARTIN IS ALWAYS ON TOP OF THE GAME. The Wow Factor: JUST RIGHT IN ALL ASPECTS! Overall: I HAVE ANOTHER MARTIN D3R,AND FIVE OTHER FLAT TOPS THIS IS MY DREAM GUITAR I'M HAPPY WITH MY WASHBURN D44 HARVIST AND D1,BUT I HAVE A REAL GUITAR NOW!

"Martin D-35 Acoustic Guitar" submitted March 13, 2014

By Kris R in Atlanta, GA
Overall
Musical Background: I play guitar mostly and a little piano - not professionally.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Hard Rock.
Overall: The guitar is perfectly crafted in every way, when you hold it in your hands you understand what good craftmanship looks and feels like. When I got the guitar (which arrived within days) it was very dried out, it came out of New Jersey and it was winter-time, and an extreme winter at that. All that being said, I was a little diappointed because the action was way too low when the guitar arrived and my dream guitar had fret buzzes all over the place. I spent a couple of weeks with humidifiers in the case trying to get the guitar to the right humidity which helped a little and then I bought a Martin truss rod tool. When the tool arrived all it took was a quarter turn and the guitar played like a dream (intonation still in tact). My disappointment was in the way the guitar was kept before transport NOT the workmanship of the guitar which not only plays like a dream now but projects the sweet / rich sound louder than any acoustic I have ever played. And it is a BEAUTIFUL guitar!

"Martin D35... great guitar." submitted November 1, 2003

By a customer from eircom.net
Music Style: everything from Rock to Folk
Sound: I'va played lots of Martins and have to say the D35 has the best overall ballance I've heard. Great bass and crystal treble. Quality: The 35 is very light for a dreadnought, but it has an absolutely HUGE sound. I think it has something to do with the three piece back. Value: I also have a Takamine EN10 (great gigging guitar), a Yamaha F180 and a '70s Landola hand made acoustic... none of them sound as good as the Martin. The Wow Factor: I searched all of New England for this guitar. The three piece back alone is gorgeous. Overall: My guitar is a 1978 Martin D35. It has three tiny cracks in the sound board, which have been repaired with timber studs, and yet it sounds fabulous. From the first strum I knew this was the sound I was after.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"martin guitar purchase" submitted August 17, 2014

By Timothy Davis in rutland, VT
Overall
Musical Background: played guitar 40 years...martin guitar...play solo. ..love to street perform
Music Style: Old Country...bluegrass...old timey music...folk
Overall: Thanks to zzounds pay as you play program I was able n to purchase my dream guitar. Times are tough and money is tight. However I am playing my d35 martin guitar that comforts the hard tumes. This is my second pay as you play purchase. I am thrilled to do business with zzounds...they are fast...and very proffessional...first rate service. Get your dream equipment now and be sure to pay them back and you will have a special benefit in your musical life....zzounds rocks

"Classic Sound!" submitted August 21, 2012

Overall
Overall: I like this more than my Taylor. Has that classic sound and feel. You can really dig into it and strum hard with not much fret buzz. The Taylor buzzed way too much even after I adjusted the truss rod. Now I know why Johnny Cash used this guitar!

"Martin D35" submitted November 9, 2012

By rick r in denver, CO
Musical Background: 40 yrs. I play guitar, banjo, fiddle, keyboard, harmonica
Music Style: hard rock-country and everything in between.
Overall: I bought mine from zZounds in 2004. This is my favorite guitar! I have 7 guitars, classical, electric. This one is the best.

"The Martin I was sent was terrible. Zzounds immediately took it back, which means they know how to make the best of e difficult" submitted October 24, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician/Pastor
Music Style: Country/Rock/Blues/Gospel/Praise
Sound: When the unit arrived, the neck was so bowed it was virtually unplayable. Because the neck was so bad, the sound also suffered. Feature: As I said I immediately sent it back Ease of Use: Badly bowed neck. Should have never been sent out. Quality: Simplt terrible. If this is what Martin producing they should be ashamed!! Manufacturer Support: Zzounds took it back.....no questions asked. That is why I keep buying things from you guys!!

Musical Background: Active Musician/Pastor
Music Style: Country/Rock/Blues/Gospel/Praise

When you call, mention priority code 175M-XVKJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976