When you call, mention priority code 15GZ-713R

Rating and Reviews: Martin D-16RGT Acoustic

The Martin D-16RGT is a fantastic dreadnought acoustic for a good price. With solid Rosewood back and sides, the Martin D-16RGT offers great tone.

Overall

"Try this before you spend thousands on your next guitar" submitted September 23, 2003

By a customer from adelphia.net
Music Style: Gospel country and bluegrass
Sound: I chose this Martin because it sounded better than some more spendy guitars i put it up against. I play country gospel and bluegrass and this guitar rocks! If you are a finger picker this is a must own! I have owned the guitar less than a year and the sound just gets sweeter. It has opend up some and now has the power i wanted. My friend said if he had found my martin when he was looking and bought his Taylor he would have bought the Martin. Better than the dgt in bass and general sound. Feature: This model has a sitka spruce top gloss finish and matte rosewood sides and back. I had a bone saddle put in mine and it made a difference. I have read other reviews that said the same. I would prefer and ebony finger board but the micarta still works well. Quality: This is a martin and the finish was outstanding and the matched bookend wood is beautiful. I depend on it and do not think i will have any problems with it. Value: this guitar in my opinion is the best in its price range! Manufacturer Support: I have had no reason to deal with Martin because i have had no problems. The Wow Factor: This guitar has its beauty in its simplicity Overall: I will play this guitar till it can no longer play or i am not hear to play it. I am totally pleased with it and feel like i scored a good one!
41 of 42 people (97.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I've played a lot of Martins. All different ranges. This guitar is as close to a D-28 series as anything I've played. Just a tad" submitted September 26, 2011

Musical Background: Playing, recording, writing, performing
Music Style: Acid Rock
Sound: I had a D-28 that I sort of "had" to sell. It was about 40 years old and sounded incredible in the studio. Broke my heart to sell it, but that's not the story. I bought my D-16RGT about a year later, and the first thing I noticed is that it had no balls compared to the D-28. It was a few years old and had a chance to work in, so I was a little disappointed. Oh, and going through withdrawals over my D-28. I've had it for about 10 years now, and I have to say it's starting to fight back. I have the same comfort and command over the neck I had before, and the tone is nice and even through the entire range. Balanced flow, not midrangey if you know what I mean. Each string resonates perfectly. I do not get the same harmonics from inside the guitar, but overall it is more than doing the job. Getting this guitar was like trying to replace your dog when he dies. You are sure the new dog isn't going to be the same, but sooner or later he wins you over. That's what happened with this guitar. Don't get me wrong. I'd still like my D-28 back. But this puppy is doing just fine. Feature: Just the basic gold tone tuning pegs, saddle, nut. Some nice inlay around the edges,nice position markers. Actually a bit fancier than the D-28. The fretboard is some kind of composite but plays well. Overall a very nice looking axe. Ease of Use: Too easy. The action is a bit too low off the rack. I find that compromises the sound.That extra couple of millimeters provides just enough more air volume for the strings to move around. That can be fixed or improved with different strings or raising or lowering the bridge. Quality: This is a fine guitar, and no only for the price. It plays like more expensive Martins and better than Taylors I have played. The Taylors sound great out of the box, but they don't age. They stagnate. This axe gets better every year. Value: They always say to get the best you can afford. With this model, you can get the best without having to afford more than you can afford. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it, but it's a Martin. I'm not worried. The Wow Factor: If I buy a guitar because of sex appeal, shoot me. Overall: My equipment stays with me. Can you say Dan Electro?
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Love my new martin" submitted May 20, 2011

By a customer from telus.net
Music Style: Rock,Blues,Folk
Sound: I bought this particular guitar and I am absolutely thrilled with it.The sound is unmistakenly Martin and the sweetest voice I have heard in a long time.When I plat it I am simply blown away by the clear and full range it has.I use this guitar with a Shure Beta 58 microphone and it is impressive on stage.I Martin has produced a great instrument for a very good price. Feature: I would prefer a bone saddle and an ebony fingerboard...but it works well as it is. Ease of Use: ..It is the easiest thing to get beautiful sounds from this guitar.This guitar is so playable and so much fun too.I find I play it much longer than I planned every time I pick it up. Quality: Fit and finish is typical for a martin.Superb attention to detail.I feel this is a lifelong companion and i fully intend to get a more robust case for it when I travel.The factory case is OK ,but I need something that is more solid . Manufacturer Support: Never had any problems with this guitar and there has been no need to contact martin other than to exxpress my thanks for such a great product.

"Good Guitar for your Stable" submitted April 18, 2013

By charles c in portage, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 40 years. I play guitar, banjo, mandolin and dobro.
Music Style: Bluegrass
Sound: I play almost all bluegrass. This guitar holds its own in small group settings and provides all the clarity and tone I need. It's not the loudest guitar I own but it will give you all it has got and that is saying something. It's a Martin and it has the Martin sound. Feature: The glossy sitka spruce top, and the matte finish of the rosewood back and sides are appealing to me. It isn't a fancy guitar but it looks fine on the wall of my studio alongside my other guitars. It kind of resembles the HD-28 from a distance. Ease of Use: It's a very playable instrument, mics well, and sounded very good right off the showroom wall. Quality: I am a believer in the quality of Martin guitars. I own six of them and my D-16RGT is a well built and has as much attention to detail for the money as my D18GE. It's apples and oranges...but they are both great tasting fruits. Value: For the money you should make this your entry level Martin. I bought it as a little brother to my other instruments. It sounds lgreat and has a voice all its own. I don't like it any less than any of my other guitars. If you are into buying a second Martin to gig with or use as a second on occasions"when you don't want to risk your "good" guitar this guitar is a great value. Manufacturer Support: Martin is easy to deal with, they honor their warranty to the fullest extent possible. I believe they gave me the benefit of the doubt when my D-35 developed a very small back crack and they repaired it for free. The Wow Factor: I like this guitar for a few reasons. Fpr one thing it was an outstanding value for the money I purchased it for. It offers all solid construction, great workmanship, quality wood, scalloped bracing and a Martin Logo on the headstock...need I say more? Overall: I own several Martin Guitars including a D-35, HD-28, D-18GE , SPD16 and a DM...and my D-16RGT. Even though I already had a few too many guitars when I bought my D-16RGT I just couldn't walk out of the store without it. It has a fantastic sound, plays like a dream and offers a great value in an all solid wood guitar. I purchased this guitar to be my backup to my HD-28. While the HD is awesome, there are just some places I don't want to take it. I am more than happy to pull out the old D-16RGT. When my friends come over to play this is one of the guitars they fight over. You won't be disappointed if you get one of these little beauties. It may be less money than the higher end model but it's no less a very playable and enjoyable workhorse to add to your stable or to get your stable started.

"Martin D-16RGT" submitted May 7, 2012

By Frank M in Utica, NY
Musical Background: Guitar for 45 years
Music Style: Blues, acoustic rock
Overall: The guitar is everything I hoped for and more. The build quality, and sound quality are amazing. The guitar is simply beautiful. I highly recommend that you have the guitar professionally set-up to your liking and style by a authorized Martin dealer or qualified luthier. This is a lot of guitar for the price and a Martin to boot. I am 110% satisfied and would highly recommend zZounds and the Martin D-16RGT.

"Martin D16RGT" submitted July 10, 2013

By RAY M in KOKOMO, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Have been playing for 52 years.I play guitar,mostly at church and jam in small groups.
Music Style: I play mostly gospel,country,blues,and a little classical.
Overall: I have to say that this is the best guitar I have ever owned...and I've owned several.I've never played one that had the sound and playability of this Martin.I have played several Martins,and always wanted to own one and thanks to zZounds,my dreams came true.Thank you zZounds for making this happen and for your courteous and helpful staff...forever appreciated.

"This bad boy even smells great!!!!" submitted November 11, 2004

Musical Background: perennially awful guitarist
Music Style: everything
Sound: This guitar sounds amazing. it really shines when fingerpicked. i really like the way it sounds with a set of elixer lights on it, but they might make it a little too bottom heavy for some people. Value: you can't beat this for the cash. The Wow Factor: come on, it's a martin, who doesn't want one.

Martin D-16RGT Acoustic Customer Review submitted April 6, 2006

Overall
Sound: Compared it side by side with similar Taylors, and other Martins (D-28) Sound was better than all others in the music store. One year later it still turns me on. Ease of Use: Plays like a dream. Quality: Martin craftsmanship is well... Martin! Value: Best deal around in a guitar for the money. Manufacturer Support: I'll give it a 9 based on what I have heard... I have had no need for support yet. The Wow Factor: It is nothing fancy but I love the simplicity.

"No regrets" submitted May 18, 2014

By Marcus Hembree in hewittt, TX
Musical Background: home
Music Style: country and rock and classic
Overall: This is a keeper.

"Bang for you BUCK!!!" submitted September 8, 2013

By William R in Gastonia, NC
Musical Background: I play guitar and drums on the side
Music Style: Been playing all kinds of music for 20 plus years from Beatles to Buffett to Metallica.
Overall: Great guitar with that Martin sound that won't put you in the poor house.

"Excellent guitar for the money" submitted December 30, 2004

Music Style: Rock, classical, country, bluegrass
Sound: Sound quality is excellent. It leans to the bass but highs ring clear as a bell. I've played many guitars at the local guitar shop, D-18's, D-28's and HD-28's and this guitar really holds its own. Its not quite as loud as a HD-28 but the tone is up there. Some of the D-28's I played seemed to be duds as the D-16RGT I bought sounds better. Intonation up the neck is very good (checked with a guitar tuner). Strum open or a E chord and a lot of complex tone comes into play as well as having a nice ring to it. It's like going up to a piano and holding a bunch of keys down. The sound is dark. Feature: Solid sitka spruce top and solid east indian rosewood back and sides. Quality: Incredible workmanship. I cannot find a flaw, except for prominent bear claws on the sitka spruce top. Though it gives the guitar character so I'm not complaining. Value: For the money this is an awesome guitar. Overall: I would only like an HD-28 or HD-28V more, but to me they aren't worth the additional cost, especially the HD-28V.

"Awesome!" submitted February 26, 2013

By Lanney M in Corona, CA
Musical Background: Played for over 40 years, Jam at home
Music Style: I enjoy Rock, Blues and Country.
Overall: I just purchased this guitar and it is awesome, please great, sounds great. The action is super nice and being a Martin it does sound wonderful. I just put a new bone saddle in the bridge and light strings on it and just made it that much better. I really did not have to do that but what the heck I always try to improve my guitars I now own 10 and this just moved into the no. 1 go to guitar when I want to play. You will not be disapointed, get one! You'll love it.

"Awesome!" submitted February 20, 2013

By Lanney M in Corona, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for over 40 years, I play Guitar for self enjoyment and record music that I cover.
Music Style: I enjoy playing Blues, Rock and Country music, especially like CSN&Y and Neal Young style of music and Peter Green style Blues.
Overall: Well this is my first Martin and I am very pleased with the quality, sound and price. This is well worth the money and I would compare it to my Taylor 524CE any day of the week which is a $2500 guitar. Yes I would puchase another Martin in the future.

When you call, mention priority code 15GZ-713R. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976