When you call, mention priority code 171H-ZS3R

Rating and Reviews: Martin D15M Acoustic

This Martin acoustic's all-solid-mahogany body will catch your eye -- and your ear, with its warm midrange and clear top end enhanced by A-frame X-bracing.

"Sometimes simple is sophisticated!" submitted April 14, 2011

Music Style: Country and Rock
Sound: It's a Martin. Bright clear crisp sound with good bottom end. You can still hear your first note ring while you are on your third note. It's amazing. Great for strumming or picking the blues. I have a Larrivee D-03 HH and they both have amazing tone. The sound of the Larrivee may be a little more softer and smooth, but that is not necessarily better. The Martin has that "Martin" sound. You can't go wrong with this guitar. It's look is amazing and it smells like a cigar box that was filled with chocolate. Seriously! I love the neck, the action is great. Real easy to play. I also own two high end Baden guitars that cost me $3,000 along with a cheap Seagull S6. This guitar kills them. If you want more bottom end and a more country music sound, then switch to Ernie Ball Medium light strings. The guitar will sound completely different. The strings that come on the guitar are great. My friend has a Martin D 15 and we both feel the D15M has a better sound. We both had on the same new strings. The D15 is made out of Sapele (African Mahogany) which is a cheaper wood seen on low entry Martin's and Larrivee. The guitar may be about $300 cheaper, but I would spend more and get the D-15M which has the more expensive and rare Brazilian mahogany. The Cheaper Sapele will have ribbons running through it. It's a different look and a different sound. Still amazing, but the value of the D15M will be worth more because the world is almost out of Brazilian mahogany and most guitar manufacturers are switching to the cheaper Sapele. Guitar purist will only buy a Hog made out of Brazilian mahogany. The D-15M will only increase in value. Do not ruin this gem by cutting it and sticking in a pick up. Buy a Fishman Matrix infinity which sits inside the soundhole. Best sound you will ever hear and it does not destroy your guitar. Anytime you have a cutaway or cut in to the guitar, you lose sound quality. If you are a novice and wanted something with a guitar tuner built in, then let me suggest a Shadow SH sonic Tuner. It is the best and first world's soundhole tuner. You will not even know it's there. It does not affect the sound and nobody can see it but you. They work amazing and I have them on my guitars. They velcro on. Again, you don't cut in to your guitar. All I can say is that I have a Larrivee D-03 and two high end Baden's and now my Martin D-15. All my friends are professional musicians and whenever they come over at the end of the night if only one guy is strumming...he's playing the Martin. It just looks and sounds amazing. You can't go wrong. You will love the action and neck on this guitar. I can't imagine what this guitar will sound like once it opens up with age. Do keep it in it's case and buy a humidifier for this guitar (all your guitars). The best guitar I have ever heard was a Martin D-18 Golden Era...but those are over $4,000. The Larrivee's are amazing guitars, but they tend not to go up in value due to name recognition, but they can hold their own with any Martin. If you are looking for a cheap entry level guitar under $500, then go with the Seagull S6. Honestly, for the money...it's sick. It does have a cedar top, so it will sound "Bright". If you don't like that, then go with a Washburn 10 series or an epiphone EJ-200 which is maple. Maple guitars are not as bright. I highly recommend this Martin D-15M Feature: This is an all mahogany guitar. The sound will be different, but awesome. It all depends on what you like. Each wood will have it's own sound. Ease of Use: Everything was perfect. I might lower the action, but that is a personal preference. Quality: It's a Martin! You could bury me with this thing. My epitaph will say "I finally quit playing my Martin. This thing will last generations. Value: Yep! Manufacturer Support: NO problems. The Wow Factor: Looks "old School". Not other guitar like it. Looks like it walked out of the 1930's. Unique and utilitarian. No bling...which is a good thing. Overall: I would supplement this guitar. I would never replace it. Probably wear it out. I would replace this guitar if lost or stolen. Brand name recognition and reputation was the reason I chose this guitar over similar priced guitars.
61 of 62 people (98.39%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Guitar for the price and the smell..........ohhh the smell" submitted October 31, 2013

By Steve S in Ofallon, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar at all levels (hobby, gigging, recording) for 25 years
Music Style: Blues, rock, acoustic
Overall: Martin's are always setup with higher action than I like so I had a good setup done and now absolutely love this guitar. The first thing you notice when you open the case is sweet smell of mohagany which is awesome. The playability (after the setup) is great and the sound is unbelievable. Pure Martin with an extra shot of bass from the mahogany wood. I've used this guitar in the studio and the engineer actually had a hard time pulling out some of the bass. It's a great guitar by itself with vocals but the tone will get lost a little bit in a band situation as the tone is so bassy it will mix in with the bass guitar too much. I'd suggest a Spruce top in a band (recording or live) situation but for just pure guitar or with vocals, this is hands down the guitar to use.

"Martin D-15M, perhaps the greatest and most unique acoustic of all!" submitted December 30, 2013

By Mike Quinn in Rockford, IL
Overall
Musical Background: amateur guitarist, hobbyist, guitar player for many years
Music Style: Classic Rock, Folk, bluegrass, modern country
Overall: Where do I start? I have waited a long while until I could finally afford this guitar. I just don't know how I lived 50 years without it. Simple things are perhaps life's greatest gifts, and the D-15M is no exception. Simple, yet grand, natural, basic, it feels like a part of you when you play it. You can feel the guitar resonate through your ribs and right through your body. The mellow, deep tones are almost overwhelming. It smells as good as it looks, like walking through a cigar humidor eating a melting chocolate candy bar, WOW! Ok, enough about my love for this guitar. I got a SUPER deal on this guitar and it was delivered within two days and perfect right out of the box ( which was after about 7 hours of inside time as I am in Chicago and it was around 5 degrees when it was delivered). No set up required. I have owned several HOGs in the past and this knocks them all dead. The perfect guitar, case, the Martin family, what could be better. ZZounds is always the place to go, from great on-line tech's to fast delivery and lifetime support, they blow everyone out of the water. I couldn't be happier! I have purchased cars that cost in excess of $70K and never felt this way about a purchase. Thanks to ZZounds for my perfect purchase experience. P.S. I like what your website has done with improved gallery of pictures on the nicer guitars, it does make a difference.

"My new Martin d15m" submitted October 13, 2014

By Alan Lyons in Whitman, MA
Musical Background: guitar, keyboard Just for enjoyment at home
Music Style: whatever sounds o.k. at the time
Overall: I will keep this short and sweet..I was not so sure about buying a guitar on line however, I had played a few of these at a large brick and mortor store and found them to be very similar in feel and tone..The reason I went with zz sounds was to avoid the sales tax and to get one that was in a sealed box that no one else had played..Zzounds shipped out my guitar fast, it is perfect in every way and the no interest program payment program took the sting of one large payment away..All and all this was a good experience and I would do it all over again the same way, it's a nice way to get all the things you need with just a phone call or online, simple ,simple, simple

"My Thoughts On The Martin D-15M" submitted June 2, 2014

By Kenny Y in Dothan, AL
Musical Background: I been playing for over 20 years
Music Style: Christian rock, and soft to medium rock
Overall: I'm a picky guitar player who is very sound conscious. I have a few guitars, and have played many through the years. I do a lot of worship songs, and some soft rock. This Martin compares well with the Guild Gad 125 that I modified. The Martin is louder, and still has a tad more bass. They both sound great. The highs, and mids sound great also. I use the Guild for a travel . and as a carry around guitar. it's a good deal if you can't afford the martin. I also have a Seagull Entourage Rustic guitar, and it has a cedar top, and laminated back, and sides, but for the price it sounds wonderful. It's a keeper. The Seagull Entourage is one of the best guitars out there for the price in my humble opinion. But the Martin sounds great with more volume, and slightly more bass. I think all in all it's worth the extra money. The tuners are good, and I have no problem from it going out of tune. The action is nice. Actually it was low, but perfect for me. The new versions I think have the centerstrip going down the middle with the Martin's signature. I don't think it effects the sound, tone, or volume. Buying from zzounds.was quick, and easy. They did well, and had my guitar here in only a dew days. I'm happy about it. I hope, and I expect to buy from them again. it's all good!

"All I have to say is WoW!!!" submitted September 27, 2013

By Christopher G in Tallahassee, FL
Musical Background: I've been banging away for about 5 years now
Music Style: playing mostly blues and classic rock.
Overall: Ive never left a review anywhere before but I felt that I had to this time.I bought this D15m sight unseen of course and when I got it in the mail and unboxed it I was a bit upset ...the setup from the factory was absolutely horrible!!!!I took it to my luthier 2 days ago and he called me today saying it was ready. I went and tried it out and was completely blown away by the sound of this guitar!!!My luthier went on to say many times how amazing this guitar sounds. He said he has had other d15's in but that this guitar is special. It sounds better than ...well, anything Ive ever played. I absolutely love everything about this guitar!!!

"Simplicity Meets Phenomenal Tone" submitted November 14, 2014

By Luke Marion in Lee, MA
Musical Background: Playing 11 years, Open Mics, Local Bands, Home Recording
Music Style: Folk, Acoustic, Alternative, Heavy Metal, Blues
Sound: Obviously the most important part of the acoustic experience, and you will be hard pressed to find a guitar that sounds this good in the price range. The bass is deep and powerful, but incredibly clear and pronounced; the highs are crystal clear and bright, but don't overtake the bass or mid tones. The balance is near perfect, which having bought blind, I was happy to see. I tend to strum more than I fingerpick, and this guitar sounds excellent for both. Feature: The mahogany on this guitar really makes it stand out from other guitars in the price range. It has a better sustain and more pronounced and clear low-end than say a Taylor of the same price. There are no extra frills on the guitar, they include a strap button and that's about it! You don't need anything else though, this guitar stands on it's own just fine without fancy rosettes, electronics, or finishes. Ease of Use: Action was great out of the box, and she stays in tune wonderfully. Quality: It's a Martin! The quality is exceptional, very light and incredibly durable. The smell of this thing is always amazing, you're place will smell like rich mahogany! Value: It's an expensive guitar for the lack of "fancier" things you may get on other guitars, but I would gladly pay it again for that mahogany tone and great look of the thing. The Wow Factor: This thing is just so unbelievably good looking and easy to play. The neck is the perfect shape, so bar chords will be no problem even for people with smaller hands. Overall: You will not be disappointed by the quality, tone, and look of this guitar. The mahogany gives it a rich, deep sound, and a great vintage look which is great if you aren't into the boring old spruce-colored acoustics!

"Mellow yellow and smooth as butta." submitted June 17, 2014

By Dave A in Geneva, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Life long picker and grinner and a keyboard hack.
Music Style: rock, country, blues & folk.
Overall: Fell in love with the tone right out of the box. Rich bass and mid-range. Action a little tough so plan on a 2nd set up with someone you trust.

"One word, GREAT!" submitted November 20, 2011

Musical Background: 4 years playing guitar...Home and groups
Music Style: Little rock heavy into county now.
Sound: I have played it in E, but I feel that it's true sound "TO MY EAR" is best projected tuned in D. It has a deep woody sound that when heard ,Well I couldn't beleive the sound. I play country and a bit of Soft Rock.I have not played it any place other then home so I can't say if it sounds different some place else. Feature: I love the over-all look of the Martin 15M. It has a simple yet graseful look to it. "Oh Boy", I sound like I am dicribing wife....The Martin company has brought back a guitar from the past. And I am luck to have one for myself to enjoy. The materials and workmenship are outstanding . Its only about 4 pounds in weight and its balanced just perfct for my tastes. Ease of Use: When I bought it ,it was set up at the store and they did do a great job. When I played it at the store the action was a bit high but thats is a easy 40.00 fix. I have three other guitars and love each for their own special sound, but this Martin is TOPS.I think if I could only keep one, it would be a toss up between the Taylor 312ce and this Martin...I hope I never have to choose.Like my taylor, this Martin is so easy to play it is a dream to strum and pick.... Quality: Martin has again come out with a guitar that will be around long after I am gone...And I hope that i's seen my others as a guitar that should be kept close to you....It's one of the finest guitars I have every picked up and played. The D28 and D45 are in their own class,but for the money this is a wonderful guitar. Value: I can say ,without a doubt that the price of this guitar is worth every dime spent...If taken care of and protected from the evils that can destroy it,it will not lose vaule. Soon it will be ranked high on the list of guitars that when people hear the name MARTIN will think of the 15M. Manufacturer Support: From all I have heard Martins customer service is the best and I know of no one that has ever had a problem. If you bought a guitar new they will honor the purchase and fix the problem if one arises. The Wow Factor: The way it looks...It's appearence calls you to play it....When frist looked at ,you can't help but think, What will this sound like? ....And then BOOM !!!!! You want it... Overall: If lost I would buy anothersearch for one that sound just as good. I think this will be around a long time and my need for the perfect sound has beed found....

"D15M" submitted September 6, 2013

By albert lannutti in topanga, CA
Overall
Musical Background: i have been playing guitar 45 years and i play almost every day
Music Style: blues
Overall: I have been playing guitar for 45 years i played them all i own a gibson j200 and a hummingbird plus i own martin . I got my martin D15M and the sound is prefect i was blown away i'm a acoustic man deferent than electric. more raw

When you call, mention priority code 171H-ZS3R. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976