When you call, mention priority code 158N-SP4V

Rating and Reviews: Martin 00CXAE Guitar

The Martin 00CXAE offers high-quality design in a thin-body format. With active electronics and a Stratabond neck, the Martin 00CXAE packs a punch.

"a Great Guitar" submitted January 5, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Musical Background: Singer Songwriter, Active musician
Music Style: Mellow Rock, Reggae, Grunge
Sound: The sound is very full and very nice, you wouldnt think this guitar with such a small body width could produce a loud fulll sound. Feature: The Fisherman Electronics, is very nice aswell, it gives you quality acoustic sound, with the phase button it gives it even a more acoustic sound along with other setting control, The tuner is really awesome! very simple; its fast & easy. Ease of Use: it's a great comfortable guitar, I love it, as I said before it gives you a very clear tone. Very playable Quality: Beautiful guitar, really, the black body and the wood grain neck, its really beautiful. The action around the 12th fret could be little lower as there is a rise to the stings. It's not too bad, but I'm already considering taking the guitar to a shop and get the bridge filed a bit. Because to me the guitar is worth keeping and giving it your exact feel. But hey! thats what you get when you order online. The jack output-input bolt came alittle loose, I'm guessing since it been sitting around in a warehouse for awhile and being in a box in the cold crossing states the bolt gotta little loose, I put my hand in the sound hole when I took off the strings to clean the fretboard and whatnot, just tightened it by hand. hasn't gotten loose yet. Value: Found it for an even cheaper price then the one posted and they gave it to me for a lower price then that. The guitars worth every dollar though, I'm glad I bought it. Manufacturer Support: I plan on getting the action a tad bit lower for my liking as I use heavy strings and gives alittle rise down in the end. Other than that great The Wow Factor: it's sexy! all there is too say Overall: This guitar should last me quite along time. Here's a video of it.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIZARvp_e8

"The little guitar that could." submitted August 10, 2003

Overall
Sound: Amazing how well it sounds for what it's made of and it's small size. It kept up well with all the Asian Dreadnoughts and held it's own against the higher priced american ones too. Plugged in it sounds fantastic. Feature: I think all acoustics should come with a free hard case. Quality: Very clean looking guitar. All hardware feels tight and there are no rattles. Value: An excellent value especially for a high tech American made guitar. The Wow Factor: A very unique look and a a great sound. Overall: I went looking for an acoustic guitar that played as easily as my Les Paul and my Strat. I thought the Fender Stratacoustic might fit the bill but was very dissapointed by the Stratacoustics unplugged sound. Picked up the Martin and was not expecting much better but what a suprise! So much acoustic sound I couldn't believe it. It's light, tough and smooth as silk to play. To top it all off it sounds fantastic plugged into an amp as well. I ran it through a Digitech 2101 rack with heavy compression and there was almost no hum. Before you buy your next acoustic you owe it to yourself to give this baby a test drive.
37 of 38 people (97.37%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great "Bang for the Buck"" submitted January 13, 2011

By a customer from earthlink.net
Music Style: Rock, Country, and Blues
Sound: I was very surprised by the rich, quality sound coming from this unit. Feature: The electronics appear to be well made and durable. After a period of time I will know for sure about the durability Ease of Use: I had originally bought this guitar for my wife who is an intermediate/ beginner player, but it plays so nicely she has to wait her turn because I enjoy playing it so much. Quality: It's a Martin enough said Value: For an inexpensive Martin Guitar this one has a lot of "Bang for the Buck" Manufacturer Support: I have not had any support issues with this product. Overall: I expect to keep this product for a long time.

"A different take..." submitted April 2, 2009

Overall
Sound: Sound-wise this guitar is mostly top notch. What it lacks in depth it makes up for in playability and original tone. If you are looking for a deeper and richer sound you may have better luck with a full body guitar, but plugged in you can tweak this guitar and achieve almost any tone you want. Just bare in mind that this guitar is geared towards being plugged in. As a side note it has a pretty decent sound unplugged in recording situations with a good mic. Feature: As I said you can make this sound almost any way you want. It has adequate features and pretty is as advertised in that department. Ease of Use: Smooth as silk in playability especially if you get comfortable and top quality strings. Haven't played many acoustic guitars that felt this comfortable especially for this price. Quality: I only put a 6 here because this is the area I felt was the most lacking. I'm not going to say that you need to treat this guitar with kid gloves because it is built well and will last, but there is a catch. (At least with the guitar I bought ...and it is entirely possible that my guitar is a bit different due to differentiating circumstances with factory handling and shop handling.) That being said in four years I have had to deal with a more than usual measure of repair issues. Its cool because its a Martin and they take care of you in warranty issues, but it is annoying when you depend on one instrument. Basically I would not suggest this guitar for those of you who don't have a wall load of guitars and rely on one guitar every day to take care of your needs. If on the other hand you have a couple of guitars and are looking for something that can be a unique stand alone instrument this is more for you. This girl is not going to be as understanding when your a little tipsy at a gig and she falls off the stand. I'll leave it at that. Value: For the majority of players this guitar is going to be absolutely awesome for its price. For the sound and the playability alone this should be a 9 to be honest. I'm just trying to give a little bit of a different perspective for people who might be in my shoes. This is the most expensive guitar I've ever owned and I was expecting a durability factor that I didn't quite get. It exceeded my expectations in its sound plugged in however. And I've never played a guitar that sounded quite like this one. As an added bonus its a slick looking guitar too. Manufacturer Support: This one would depend on your local area as Martin has repair centers that they license. In my case... I'm in a small town and we have basically one repair center and its about 15 miles from my house. There is always a long wait and if you read my "quality review" you can understand my plight. 3 to 4 weeks is a long time to wait for a guy who only has one guitar. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal isn't a problem here. Overall: I think I've covered most of the bases here. I give it a seven because it isn't meeting MY needs for various reasons. I hope I gave a bit of information here that might apply to those of you who have a limited budget who plan on using this guitar every day HEAVILY. This might not be the best bet for you. That being said ... Its a hot unique incredibly cool Martin guitar that I'd stick on my rack and pull out when I was looking for that specific sound any day of the week if I were rolling like that. (Hope that makes sense.)

"just read this! this will tell you the truth" submitted February 18, 2005

By a customer from hoa.centcom.mil
Musical Background: I just love the guitar, singer/songwriter
Music Style: Id say country/rock/blues
Sound: The first thing you notice when you play a guitar is how it sounds. But what you dont always get is how it feels. When I picked it up and played some scales, I could feel its passion and its mystery on my heart....literally. I think it might have something to do with the metallic/wood combo, but it vibrates your whole body. It makes it easy to love playing it. Feature: Sounds great plugged in, it is a dark sounding guitar. It is a great guitar to have laying around for song writers if anything just to have a different sound with the same chords...you know what I mean Quality: its a martin, come on Value: If you are looking for something different, then this is your guitar, if anything to just go and play one and you will know what I am talking about. But if you have to money and love a quality instrument look elsewhere. It is a fantastic guitar but lacks volume and ressonance in the living room. However for the money I highly reccomend that you at least play it! DONT BUY A GUITAR EVER WITHOUT PLAYING IT FIRST!!!! The Wow Factor: Sleek and sexy, a black martin? Who would have thought? Good job Maritn

"What A Buy!" submitted May 18, 2005

Musical Background: novice guitar player
Music Style: folk, pop
Sound: I was looking for something different, and boy did I find It. The sound is amazing, especially plugged in to an amp. Feature: Guitar came without a hardshell case, but considering the price. I am not complaining Quality: It's a Martin, Nough said! Value: This guitar looks great, sounds great, and is easy to play. You would have to pay a hell of a lot more for a guitar of its equal. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed customer support yet, but Martin's is a highly regarded company The Wow Factor: Just look at it, and more importantly; just play it! Overall: this guitar will last a life time.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Perfect!" submitted November 13, 2009

Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Classic Rock, and Modern Country
Sound: The sound is surprisingly good considering the small size. Feature: We plugged it into a PA, and it was awesome sounding! Ease of Use: It's a no brainer. Quality: Love it! Value: Absolutely worth the price, the best value we found. Manufacturer Support: N/A None needed yet. The Wow Factor: We own it! Overall: It's a Martin, we hope to have it forever!

Martin 00CXAE Guitar Customer Review submitted January 17, 2005

By a customer from snet.net
Music Style: All
Sound: Sounds alot better than guitars four times its price. Feature: I think they made the right choice in have a synthetic body, it keeps the price a bit lower and gives it a different, yet better, sound. Quality: I am definately not afraid to bring this thing with me anywhere I go. Value: Are yiu kidding me? This thing is worth every cent! The Wow Factor: A cheap, great sounding guitar... Where do I sign up! Overall: The bottom line is, if you want a great sounding guitar that can take a beating and keep on going but still won't break the bank, look no further than this one here.
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A beautiful,carefully made guitar with perfect sound and ease of play!" submitted July 12, 2006

By a customer from gmai.com
Musical Background: Hobbyist - Active Musician
Sound: extremely 'fat' sound when plugged into an amp,despite the thin body!very tempting for my ears!I would just refer more bass in the living room! Feature: too bad it doesn't include a hardcase. Ease of Use: When yo play with this guitar,you feel like you're touching silk! Quality: I think that this guitar can last for a lifetime! The Wow Factor: I have fallen in love with that little lady!

"Love/Hate relationship" submitted June 16, 2006

Music Style: varied
Sound: As for sound quality I am well pleased. It is a very full sounding guitar considering the body size and it actually records very well plugged up or unplugged. My only complaint with the sound is that it doesn't quite match up to the wood-body full Martins that you may be used to ..but it comes darn close! Feature: It is a pretty basic acoustic electric. It does sound quite nice plugged in to a PA with the Fishman pick up. Ease of Use: This guitar is a breeze to play. It is a Martin after all. Very little adjustment was needed if any. Quality: Here is the down side...I have had this guitar for four months and my bridge has come loose. I am concerned that perhaps my playing may be a bit too much for this guitar and that is a major bummer for me, as I like to experiment with tones and bang around a bit. I haven't been rough on this guitar in comparison with any other five dollar cheap guitar ..and those have never done this to me before. I may have just got a bum deal ...not sure yet. Value: If it turns out that Martin fixes this guitar and it is the same as it was ....I would say the value is well worth it. Manufacturer Support: I don't know yet. I'm waiting to see. The Wow Factor: I've never seen a guitar that is more sexy than this Martin. It is a pretty lady. Overall: The verdict is still out on that....but if it gets fixed and it stays good...I plan to keep it as long as it lasts.

"Working Man "Martin"" submitted July 28, 2006

Musical Background: 40 yrs
Music Style: ROCK , R&B, COUNTRY ,JAZZ
Feature: No wood in this guitar. Ease of Use: Use pedals you can get any sound. Quality: For being USA made and by one of the best Company's (MARTIN) it is very cheap, If you would have to pay full price on this Martin you would have to be a nut. This Guitar is not built as good as most Epiphone that use wood. Think Martin should stay with what they do best and forget about making a cheap guitar for the working man just so he can say he has a Martin Guitar. Not happy at all with this guitar and I did alot of research but don't pay anymore then $400.00 for this guitar and the case that you can buy for this Martin is also VERY VERY CHEAP, it's made out of junk. Value: This product is not worth the selling price at all or the case the case should cost $40.00 and the guitar $400.00 Manufacturer Support: Not delt with Martin yet, whish they would have put some time into this guitar. The Top where it saids Martin & Company that is just on with glue and will fall off real soon. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal is very dual the color is cheap it looks and feels loke a kids guitar and will not last unless you take care of it like a baby and don't play it much and keep it away from others to try it out. Overall: I will sell this Martin and spend my working money on a guitar that is Japan or any other country, just cause made in U.S.A. don't mean a thing cause I Q.C. was out to lunch when this guitar went out the door.

When you call, mention priority code 158N-SP4V. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976