When you call, mention priority code 1550-1K42

Rating and Reviews: Martin 000 28EC Clapton

Play the Martin acoustic that Eric Clapton prefers for his blues-style finger-picking. It includes a hardshell case.

Overall

"one of the best *finger-picking* guitars out there" submitted November 24, 2004

By a customer from computer.org
Music Style: alt, rock
Sound: This is as good a finger-picking guitar as they come. I was amazed that such a small body could produce such lsuh, full, across the range sound. To second another reviewer, this guitar falls down and dies when it comes to strumming; go back to your HD28 or big body guitars for that. Feature: Good case, stronger than the usual Martin so-so cases. Quality: With the exception of the backpacker, Martin has only made wonderful guitars, as far as I know. Value: In this price range, you could spend a lot more (Taylor comes to mind) and not get as good. Manufacturer Support: I've used Martin support for my Martins and I have never had a better customer support experience in my life. The Wow Factor: It sounds wonderful.

"Any musican should expect the quality of an instrument to outperform what his/her listeners expect of the musician." submitted May 15, 2006

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Blues/Pop/Country
Sound: The itonation and response are on the money. Loud and clear mid to high range tone and you can't expect a better bottom end for a 000 size. Feature: The case is the only included option. Seems a little tight but it that may be a benefit. For the price of these guitars you should expect the high end molded plastic case to come standard. Ease of Use: The 000 size guitar is easy and fun to play. Quality: I think the tuners on all martins could be of much better quality. Martin Butterbean tuners are good for rough adjustment at best. Even the D38 and D41 closed gear tuners feel crummy. Grover Golds would work nicely here. Value: Man, no discredit to Martin Co. but they are not what I would concider a cheap guitar. I really am not interested though in making Yacht payments for CEO's because the build a quality product. Manufacturer Support: Inquiries to customer service seemed to be answered quickly and they were responsive. The Wow Factor: This guitar sounds great for a 000 and it has presence. Just the Martin name places you in an arena of serious musicians and I expect top level performance from my instrument. This product delivers and deserves a respectable ataboy. Overall: Great guitar overall. The entire Martin line should have the shoulder strap button installed right from the factory so you don't compromise the warantee trying to have one installed.

"Love this guitar..." submitted May 15, 2004

Overall
Sound: Warm, balanced, rich...no gaps in the range Feature: Only the signature and the vintage toner gave me pause, but such superficialities are ultimately unimportant to me. Quality: Excellent woods, flawless detailing... Value: It's not cheap, but I don't look at the price tags until after deciding (within reason, of course...) Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it yet, but thier warranty is the best...

"Nice work, Messrs. Martin and Clapton."

Overall
Sound: Best sounding new guitar I have ever played. Clean and balanced; loud with great bass response for its size. Feature: Beautiful wood. Very light. Wonderfully made, no flaws. Fretwork, joints, everything is great. Quality: Flawless. As the same friend's father said, "You'll never need to buy another guitar." Value: Martin now makes a more expensive model of this guitar (Brazilian and Adirondack, I think) and of couse there is the 000-42EC. Hard to believe either could sound better. Overall: When I first saw this guitar in the shop, I knew nothing about it other than what I saw: Martin logo, small size, and the tag saying Clapton. I am not a big Clapton fan, so that didn't mean a lot to me. When I played it, I knew I had to get one. It took me a year to get the money. The only drawback is that it is not the perfect all rounder, though it's close. Peerless fingerstyle guitar, especially for blues styles. For strumming and flatpicking, maybe better off with an HD-28. But it is great, the first guitar to ever really grab me by the throat and say "buy me".
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1550-1K42. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976