When you call, mention priority code 201-HRX3

Rating and Reviews: Martin 00016GT Guitar

The hybrid "X" scalloped bracing pattern and smaller body shape of the 00016GT gives this Martin excellent clarity and projection.

"WOW!" submitted March 7, 2013

Overall
Overall: I had been shopping for a good acoustic for awhile. I was trying to choose between an 000-18 and an 000-28, but I was being open minded and playing just about everything Martin, Taylor and Gibson had. After a long day of store hopping, I stopped into a local shop and they had two 000-16GT's on the wall. They played fine, but the sound was what got me. One of them, in particular, just had that ring to it. It was chimey piano sounds all around, with a little of that spruce top sizzle, great balance and a price that let me buy it then instead of window shopping for another few months. I don't regret it a bit. The guitar sounds wonderful and being solid wood will only sound better with time. Construction and finish are top-notch. It's subtle but pretty. Looking forward to many years playing this guitar. Thanks CFM!

"Simple, Sweet - 5 Stars! - It's a Martin!" submitted March 12, 2015

By David Modica in Grants Pass, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Singer/songwriter - gigging musician.
Music Style: Finger-style folk, blues
Overall: A very comfortable somewhat (sightly) smaller body and my Martin Concert Cutaway (GPCPA4)... buy very Big on sound. This guitar projects with a sort of "mellow" clarity and a beautiful tone. Not too bassy... because of the smaller body it is not overbearing on the bass end... which I like. I bought this because I really wanted a pure acoustic without any electronics at all. I prefer to mic my guitar. I am very glad I made this purchase. There is not lot of "bling" on this guitar - but in its simplicity it is quite beautiful... and hey, it's a Martin. And, it's affordable (thanks to zZounds payment plan!) I am a singer/songwriter and this guitar has a crystal clear sound with a nice "punch" to it. I am a finger-style player and the neck and action play almost perfectly right out of the box. (I have never bought a guitar that didn't need some kind of neck adjustment) - I tune down a 1/2 step so I put 13-56 Martin strings on it... WOW - what a beautiful "chimey bell" tone it has!!! (I will be adjusting the neck only because I prefer a slightly higher action than what it is currently at... and this is not a complaint... it's just preference) Martin did a fantastic job on this guitar. Comes with a real nice solid case... oh... and it smells wonderful. p.s... I ordered it on a Friday and received it by noon on the following Tuesday - WOW... thanks Zounds...

"Martin 000-16GT" submitted January 11, 2015

By John Gilbertson in Sparks, NV
Musical Background: 45+ years and am strictly amateur
Music Style: Folk, Country, Rock
Overall: Great guitar and more comfortable to play than my larger Martin. After having the action adjusted, it plays like a seasoned instrument and sounds like one too. Service from Zzounds was prompt and the guitar arrived in great shape!

"Great Service, Love my CFM16" submitted April 8, 2012

By R L in Kirkland, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I am a novice guitarist. Also play piano.
Music Style: rock, folk, blues
Overall: After lackluster service from another eTailer to obtain this beautiful guitar, I ordered it from ZZSounds, it was at my door 3 days later. I love the guitar. I am a new guitarist, but wanted to get a guitar that would grow with me and sound better and better and last forever. I think I chose well. The only think that wasn't great upon arrival was that the strings appeared to be old. After changing those out it sounded and felt sweet!! I had been reading about the smell of martin guitars and was curious. The smell is aluring. I think I pick it up more often unconsciously because of it. It sort of smells like a cigar shop.

When you call, mention priority code 201-HRX3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2015, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.