When you call, mention priority code 200-TFJ4

Rating and Reviews: Moog Sub 37 Tribute

Loaded with knobs, switches and an LCD screen, the Sub 37 has Moog's classic filter, MultiDrive distortion, syncable arpeggiators, and even 2-note polyphony.

"A brilliant instrument" submitted August 16, 2015

By Hoyt E in Portland, OR
Musical Background: Semi professional musician, professional music producer
Music Style: All electronic styles for production, all genres for full band styled for live instrumentation.
Overall: The Sub 37 is the synth I've been waiting for. I was weary to get into hardware because I had such a connected digital setup. But, I can't say enough how important the Sub 37 is to my creative process now. It finally got me back into making music, and not just programming a song. You can see the specs, details and technical reviews anywhere, but believe when I say "The Sub 37 brought fun and creativity back into my music". It's a simply brilliant instrument.

"Moog Sub 37" submitted August 14, 2015

By Novem .
Overall
Musical Background: Sound design, sampling, sequencing, analog synthesis..making music as we all do!
Music Style: EDM ,trip hop ,hip hop, DnB, Dark Core, house, indie prog..
Overall: Coming from a Slim Phatty, then the Minitaur, I was going to get a Sub Phatty next..but the Slim can sound just as overdriven in 6 pole setting, and the two octave keyboard is a turn off! The Moog Sub 37, Tribute edition! This is something you can be creative with for years..the sound is beautiful or oblivion, mechanical or evolving. The step sequencer or Arp..is fully customizable and add in the amount of modulation possibilities and this becomes the Moog you have to have. Being a Tribute edition, the wood side ends with the other little touches make the Sub 37 beautiful to behold. Novem

"Pull the trigger already!!!" submitted November 20, 2016

By Alex H in Burlington , NC
Overall
Musical Background: 20 yrs. Mainly a drummer/guitarist. Starting playing synths about 8 years ago.
Music Style: Electronic, Rock
Overall: Obviously if you're still reading reviews, you're not sure if this is the synth for you. Let me put your searching to an end....Absolutely amazing synth. I've been playing music for 20+ years on all types of instruments. I've owned guitars/ drums/ drum machines and synths. My 1st synth was a little phatty and then I'm moved to the voyager, but I have to say that this is by far my favorite synth. From the appergiator to the feedback to the noise and multi drive, this synth is a huge step forward even though it only has 2 oscillators. I highly recommend this instrument to newbies and seasoned vets. It's just a lot of fun. Do me a favor, buy it...you wont be disappointed.

"A serious amount of synth!!!" submitted January 7, 2016

By Gary Goblins in Archbald, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing synth and other electronic music instruments for 18 years, semi-pro
Music Style: Electronic including Industrial, EBM, Techno, and Ambient
Sound: It's a modern Moog that brings classic analog synth for a ride into a distorted, dirty future. It's perfect for hard electronic and industrial types of music. Great for sound effects too! Feature: There's essentially a knob per function on this board with very little menu diving. It's perfect for those that just want to get down to business. Ease of Use: This synth provides enough ease of use for a beginner to at least have fun and learn, yet it's complex enough that even seasoned veterans will be surprised at its depth. Quality: This thing is built like a tank! Solid cast aluminum with beautiful wooden end cheeks. The 40 knobs are mounted firmly with no wiggle to them whatsoever. I can't see this not lasting a lifetime with some proper TLC. Value: I'd say the value of this item is spot on. For the amount of control, sound, and craftsmanship you're getting I don't think it would have been that unreasonable to charge more. I've seen higher pricetags on far more inferior products. Plus it'll hold its value for years to come. Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with support from Moog other than accessing the firmware update via their website, which was a fast, painless process. The Wow Factor: Everything about this synth is WOW! Even if someone who knows nothing about synths and saw this in your home they'd immediately be drawn to it and ask questions. It's design and look make it highly desirable even before hearing it and tweaking knobs. After that, there's no looking back. Overall: Old meets new in this modern classic from synthesizer masters, Moog Music! You can get those classic monosynth leads and thunderous bass that you'd expect from Moog, as well as crazy, uncontrolled noise and distorted percussion. Coupled with the very flexible sequencer, arpeggiator, and endless modulation capabilities, the Moog Sub 37 will lead you to happy accidents for years to come. Honestly it's hard to find any drawbacks on this instrument. In my opinion the ONLY things that could have "possibly" made this synth better would have been a multi-mode filter (though the Moog Low-Pass ladder filter is completely awesome and truly one of a kind), CV/GATE OUT options (for those looking to integrate more with other analog or Eurorack) and a 3rd oscillator (besides the sub oscillator). But that's really nitpicking and would have driven the price up beyond the reach of many. My feeling is that Moog wanted to steer away from that "elite" range of product like the Voyager and bring excellent sound, interface, and build quality to a much broader range of user. Which they did flawlessly.

"Moog get's it right!" submitted January 29, 2014

By John Castello in Utica, NY
Music Style: SYNTH POP ACOUSTIC POP
Overall: I have been interested in and worked with synthesizers since 1983. I owned Arps, Moogs, Rolands and Korgs. The past few years companies have let me down. Miniature keys and keyboards. Moog could have gone that way, but they didn't. I was not really happy with the Sub Phatty...only 25 keys. Not enough. 37 has to be the minimum and no more mini keys please. The Moog Sub 37 is a keyboard that Bob Moog would be proud of. I will be pre-ordering this.
10 of 27 people (37.04%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 200-TFJ4. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976