When you call, mention priority code 164C-07P8

Rating and Reviews: Mogami Gold Guitar Cable

Eliminate electrical noise with a high quality guitar cable. The Mogami Gold Instrument Cable is a studio standard.

"You will hear the difference.." submitted June 9, 2014

By Steve S in Miami, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Play mostly at home, but gig from time to time
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Alternative
Sound: The sound is clearer, punchier, and more dynamic. Just like they say it is. Playing live, it made my guitar rig sound like it came off a recording! Feature: Lifetime Warranty. I highly doubt you will need it, but you have it just in case. But with this cable its about the sound. I would still take care of it though, but I take care of all of my gear. Ease of Use: Its a cable? Doesn't get much easier to use. Quality: The Best Quality Cable I've tried so far. I've tried livewire (The cheap and the Elite), planet waves, and Monster Rock. This one beats them all out by a mile. Mogami really is on another level compared to them. Value: Yeah definitely. The price is steep, but you will hear the difference. I got a really good deal on it. But if my cable got stolen, and I had to, I would pay full price. It would hurt, but I would be glad I did in the long run. Unlike other brands, you really do get what you pay for. Manufacturer Support: No need to The Wow Factor: Looks awesome. Feels well made. But, Straight Up. This cable is worth it. Overall: Trust me, you will hear the difference. I used to play Monster Rock 12 ft cables (which are good strong cables), but I took a chance to upgrade. I'm glad I did because it really is an upgrade. This cable sounds better by a mile. The 18 ft mogami sounds better than the 12 ft Monster Rock. That should tell you something. You get more everything, but your tone stays intact. Plus, you can use this cable on bass, keyboard, because its not filtering/altering your tone. Its transparent. Everything comes out balanced as it should. Took me less than five minutes to hear the difference. I will be buying another one of these when I get the chance.

"fender1300" submitted January 12, 2008

By a customer from comcast.com
Musical Background: Advanced
Music Style: Mainly blues, rock and country
Sound: I recently bought the 18' Mogami Gold, and although I could hear the difference immediately, I still made the comparison with a 10' CBI Gold Rush. In a word the difference is "sweetness". No more metallic highs and mushy lows, every nuance is now clear and sweet. If you're thinking about changing pickups like I was, try the Mogami first...you might actually end up saving a hundred bucks. Feature: I wish it had come with a 52" LCD TV, but no product is perfect. Ease of Use: Just plug it in... Quality: It appears to be well made, but I won't know for sure until the year 2013. Value: It's really hard to believe that a $47 cable is a good value, but I'd be foolish enough to buy it again. Manufacturer Support: Don't need any, I can lift it by myself. The Wow Factor: It really does have that special "sex appeal", but I keep setting on the plug. Overall: I'll never stop searching for the perfect tone, but for now I'm really satisfied.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great for recording, but overpriced as everyday cable" submitted September 8, 2009

Musical Background: Session Studio and Live Performance Bassist
Music Style: Anything and Everything
Sound: I am a studio session bassist in NC, and I can say that this cable has given me the best signal for recording than any other cable I've used, including Elixir and Monster. Clean signal, dead quite. This is what a cable should be. Ease of Use: Its a cable... It doesn't get much easier to use... =D Quality: Built rock solid. I gig with this cable both in the studio and playing live gigs. Value: It is what it is... I'm not going to say that paying $50+ for a cable is a good value for the everyday guitarist/bassist playing in a band somewhere in the world. However, the clear tone and clean signal this cable provides for recording musicians is good. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to reach out to Mogami for support, so I did not rate this section. The Wow Factor: Seeing how most of what I play is in the studio, I have wanted a Mogami cable for a while. I have been using my Mogami for about 4 months now, and I am very happy with it. Overall: Buy this cable if you are going to record. This may be too expensive to use for regular gigging. Besides, your tone playing live is different than when recorded because you have to EQ for the room. Therefore, a less expensive cable should be fine for playing live gigs.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"What it is" submitted March 14, 2006

By a customer from thetyrusmusiciansgroup.com
Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: All
Feature: just perfect, clear as a bell. my entire studio is wired with morgami Ease of Use: never had a problem, very durable Value: i wish it were a little cheaper but for what you get it cant be beat, makes monster look like a childs toy

"Mogami Gold Cable - Simply the Best" submitted July 13, 2011

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: Varied
Sound: I decided to pay for the best, and I am very happy with the quality of the product as well as the price from ZZ Sounds. Value: Value was great due to ZZ Sounds willingness to work with me on price.

"Save the money...buy bulk Canare and some nice Neutrik jacks and heat up your soldiering iron." submitted October 16, 2010

By a customer from thevine.net
Musical Background: Life long pro
Music Style: Rockin' bluesy, greasy, funky
Sound: It's a guitar cable...I had been using Monster Cables and learned that they expand the 1/4" input jack on my basses and guitars. Not by much but enough that I noticed when and if I had to use another brand that had a miniscule difference in size...I had experienced a popping if there was any stress on the jack and inputs. So I decided to try and find the best cable...both for sound and peformance and reliability for stage and studio. Mogami's name got me to spend the extra money they charge for their cable. I deserved it I thought...I bought a Gold 18' I think it was. I learned on the first gig that it would pop from what I later learned was the expanded 1/4" jack from the stretching of the jack from the Monster Cable jack....I contacted the Mogami people to ask about the popping and the rep got back to me a few days later and admitted there seemed to be issues with the Monster Cable jack expanding issues and that I should get the Mogami Platinum (which he offered up to trade out with me if I sent in the Gold Mogami cable) instead. So, I got the Platinum from the rep....did not really notice any sonic differences. The Platinum lasted about a month before it started crapping out onstage. The Mogami people told me I must be stepping on the cable onstage and that it was sensitive and it shouldn't be stepped on. lol...if it's a stage cable, it's gonna get stepped...things will be set on it. The Mogami rep offered up looking at the expensive Platinum but didn't return my call after that. For the money...I'd say, heat up your soldiering iron...buy some bulk Canare and some nice Neutrik ends and take a day off making a few cables and save the money.

When you call, mention priority code 164C-07P8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976