When you call, mention priority code 1552-5C00

Rating and Reviews: M-Audio MidiSport UNO

Forget any additional needs for power. This USB-powered interface connects your MIDI device to a Mac or PC with ease.

"Good bang for the buck" submitted April 30, 2007

Musical Background: active pro musician 35 years
Music Style: all styles
Sound: not applicable Feature: Nice Long cables Ease of Use: I am using it with Windows 2000 pro and it wasn't too hard to get set up. But I did have to "read" the instructions. (GASP!!!...imagine that!! actually having to "read" the instructions to get something to work right...what a novel idea!!) Quality: Seems strrdy enough for just leaving it plugged into my computer. Value: Does what it said it will do at a good price, what more can you ask for. Manufacturer Support: No support needed The Wow Factor: It is a functional tool rather than one made to "razzle dazzle", so to speak. But it does have a nice look to it for those that might think that "that" is really important in a USB/midi interface. Overall: My needs don't require anything with any more capability than this unit will provide at the moment.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Product" submitted December 17, 2007

Musical Background: Active Muscician, College Music Major
Music Style: Electronica, Classical
Sound: This product performed perfectly. I use Reason 4 and it connects and transmits info from sliders on my controller as well as notes, velocities, and sustain pedal. Feature: The CD included was a greta resource for the drivers and components. On my Macintosh, I didn't even have to use it! Ease of Use: Just plug it in and play using your favorite recording software. Easy as that! Quality: Looks nice and is very sturdy, I don't think this is going to break anytime soon. Value: Cheap, affordable, great quality! The Wow Factor: It's the best one on the market today! Overall: Overall it's a great product worthy of both professional use and home studio use.
13 of 15 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Easy Install & it Works!" submitted October 25, 2005

By a customer from mosquitonet.com
Music Style: Classic Rock, Jazz, Country, Folk
Sound: It's an interface. Sound is a factor of the equipment the interface is used with. Feature: No real "features" with this one. It's simple and straight foward. It works and that is the important thing. Quality: Cables are long enough for small studio/practice room. It would be advisable to watch your steep because it wouldn't stand up to being steeped on. Value: It would help if the device was "Windows tested" to speed the software instalation. Other than that minor point it works exactly as advertised. Manufacturer Support: Needed to download an updated driver from M-Audio. Everything worked easily. The Wow Factor: It's a little blue bug that connects my amp to the computer. It works wonderfuly but it ain't sexy. Overall: For a USB 1X1 interface I can't think of anything else that it would need.
15 of 18 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"It's worth it if you are using an older OS for Windows." submitted August 18, 2004

Music Style: Classic 80's Dance Pop, Praise and Worship
Sound: N/A - but it gets the job done. Feature: Came with Win/Mac CD driver disk. Quality: Works great. Seems to be a little bit lightweight, but then again its never gone much outside the home studio. I would imagine that if you weren't careful in placement that a monitor could break the circuitry if knocked over. Value: It is a little bit pricey, but then again it is comparable to the Edirol and Yamaha products that are out there. It does run a bit faster than my old joystick adapter and the USB connection is great. Since my old unit ran me $25, the jump of 15 for the convenience of USB isn't that unreasonable. They have been out on the market for at least a year now - would be nice to see the price drop a bit. Manufacturer Support: No problems - never needed to contact support. But I know that M-Audio has decent products so I wouldn't think their tech staff would be much different. The Wow Factor: I own one already, am considering a second as I am adding additional keys and module to my existing MIDI rig. Overall: Probably will keep it until it dies.

"Good cheap midi to usb cable" submitted January 6, 2007

Overall
Sound: everything sounds great i can imagine it sounding any better Feature: just a cable that works Ease of Use: ive seen alot of review saying people cant get it to work on windows xp i had no problem AT ALL Quality: i would imagine having to buy a new one Value: its super cheap Manufacturer Support: m-audios got great support i didnt have to use it on this device but i did on some software they even sent me a new copy of the program The Wow Factor: it looks fine Overall: it does wat its supposed to do and its cheap AND IT WORKS ON XP dont bother readin the other reviews that say it doesnt

"Great retailer, great product" submitted March 4, 2012

Overall
Overall: The MidiSport UNO MIDI Interface worked flawlessly out of the box. I did not have to do a single setup step nor did I have to mess around with any settings. I plugged it in, opened GarageBand on my Macbook and voila, I started recording from my Yamaha P-200.

"Works fine with XP, no drivers needed" submitted November 30, 2005

Overall
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Electronic Instrumental, Jazz, Folk.
Sound: Not Applicable. It obviously is not designed to produce sounds, so a 10 because it transfers the information as it should. Feature: It has self contained USB cable and MIDI cables, saving you the cost of buying them as you would have to with a 2X2 etc. Quality: A little fragile looking (plastic) but nice and light to throw in the laptop case and carry around with you. If a cable comes loose inside it might be a pain to fix and therefore kinda disposable. Value: Well it's made in China and so I am sure they have priced it as low as they can to still make a profit. I'm sure that the packaging and shipping costs add up to more than the manufacturing costs...and then there is the 100 % dealer mark up. Manufacturer Support: Never needed support for this unit, but have dealt with M Audio and they are very helpful. The Wow Factor: Well, I have one, it does it's job and thats that. Overall: I got it as a portable device to throw into the 'kit' bag when on the road.... it will always come in useful. Of course we all need more 'ins' and 'outs' when in the studio... thats what the 8X8 is for... same brand, works great.

"What Can I Say?" submitted December 13, 2007

Musical Background: DJ and Producer
Music Style: Trance, Progressive, House, Dance, Electronica
Sound: Great Sound! Also the Latency is very low, and none of that crackling noisy sounds. It's perfectly clear. Feature: It has everything included enough to call itself a quick Plug 'n Play Interface. Just install CD Driver and your good to go. Also has 3 L.E.D. Lights for monitoring connection between PC and the keys pressed while transmitting it through out the pc or laptop. Ease of Use: Like Mentioned, Install the CD, Plug the wires and your good to go. Quality: This is definetly NOT a piece of crap. Awesome Interface for the price you paid. Value: GOD, for $40, if in doubt, BUY IT NOW! Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with support at all, this product has been excellent for its use. The Wow Factor: For those who want a quick Plug 'n Play device without saving up for expensive audio interfaces (which is nice to have!), this definetely the one to go. Overall: What Can I Say? All of the Above.

"Good USB/Midi adaptor" submitted July 16, 2009

Overall
Feature: USB port and 2 midi ends, perfect. Ease of Use: I hooked it up to my XP systems USB port and it automatically recongized it. Hooked the Midi ends to my GMajor/2 and was able to upload/download all of patches. It was that easy. Quality: Uploaded and download without any bit error.

"works with xp, but not compatable with other xp signature drivers it is clashing with atleast two of my xp compable drivers and" submitted October 11, 2003

By a customer from bak.rr.com
Music Style: hard and heavy
Sound: This product is not xp compatable it works ,although since I ignored microsoft warnings my computer keeps crashing. I'm hoping to run across an updated driver. Feature: I use it to down load presets for my gnx3 pedal Quality: it's nice and compact if my dog doesn't eat it it should last atleast Manufacturer Support: this is my first stop I am looking for a driver update that is xp compatable. not worried about warrenty 39.00 is a disposable price if it lasts a year it was a fair price The Wow Factor: oh yea it's hot i can't keep my hands off it. if only i had a driver up date Overall: well i was dissatisfied 5 min. after i followed the manual that assured me it was xp compatable and was advised to ignore microsofts warning and install the driver. It works don't get me wrong. the problem is it clashes with my xp signature drivers. cake walks 2 shuts down all the time, and it causes my hp printer driver to on line crash. my whole system shuts down. I've had the printer for a year so I know its the uno driver.

"WARNING: Do NOT buy this Product" submitted January 12, 2009

By a customer from SBCGlobal.net
Musical Background: Many years of doing very little
Music Style: Rock, Punk, Metal, Dance
Sound: No sound is made by this device, its a cable. It does however transmit notes, or at least it should if it worked. The UNO transmitted MIDI just fine to my Casio CTK-900 and was able to play all of its sounds. However the UNO was not able to work as an external keyboard for soft synths. When I tested it the UNO was transmitting random data from my keyboard and not notes. Feature: The features are what you would expect from a cable, it plugs in fine, it installs. It would be fine if it worked. Ease of Use: This product is easy to use, if it only worked. I spent about 2 hours figuring with settings on the keyboard and on my computer before I realized that even M-Audio's tech support people dont have an answer to my problems. Quality: The product apparently causes cancer and you should wash your hands after handling it, and windows tells you not to install the drivers because they did not pass testing and are known to de-stabilize operating systems. Value: It doesn't work consistently... don't buy it. I'm going to return it tomorrow. Manufacturer Support: They have nice forums. There are no answers to the problems I have had. Look for yourself. The Wow Factor: It is not very appealing at all. However in troubleshooting it I have a great deal of knowledge about MIDI that I wouldn't have otherwise. Overall: Do not buy this product! It does not work well, M-Audio suggests other products, the drivers are unstable, and its the same price as other interfaces that do work. I'm returning mine as soon as I can.

"Only buy this if you love pop up screens" submitted April 15, 2010

Music Style: experimental
Sound: It does its job. Feature: It looks pretty nice. Ease of Use: The driver it comes with is terrible. After you've installed it, you'll get pop up messages every time you plug in the uno like 'new hardware device installed'. These are really annoying. One time the driver actually caused my computer to crash and I got the blue screen of death. Quality: The hardware is fine but again the driver... Value: I wouldn't get the uno again, I'd get something that has a properly functioning driver. Manufacturer Support: I'll be nice and rate them a ten though I never dealt with them. The Wow Factor: Its not attractive. Overall: I'm already looking to replace this with plain midi cables and my 0202 emu interface. At least with that you won't get latency and the emu has no driver issues. That's right, I installed the driver and haven't heard a word from it since it does its job and keeps quiet unlike the m-audio.

M-Audio MidiSport UNO Customer Review submitted September 6, 2011

Overall
Sound: Not applicable Feature: Didn't work with my desktop windows xp sp2. Got it to work with my laptop running windows 7. There was no drivers available on the m-audio website, and they just advise you to return it. If you run xp don't buy this. Ease of Use: Easy to use as long as it's compatible with your operating system.

"Practical and useful if you can install it." submitted May 18, 2004

Music Style: Pop rock, jazz
Sound: No problems here. Feature: It has what you espect from a 1x1 midi interface. Quality: Very well made. Value: It's not expensive compared to other 1x1's, but as an electronics engineer I still think that it's too much money for that little piece of circuit and 3 LED's! Manufacturer Support: The web page solved my installation problems. The Wow Factor: Great looks!

"DO NOT BUY IF YOU NEED MIDI TIME CODE!" submitted May 4, 2008

Overall
Sound: N/A Feature: limited Ease of Use: WARNING!!! If you need MTC (midi timecode) do not buy this interface. I tried two of them with my DA88 and Pro Tools HD and neither of them could transmit MTC in either direction. Midi machine control seemed to work, but timecode was not working. Makes this completely useless in a pro environment. Both a MOTU Fastlane and Midisport 2x2 worked with my same exact setup. So it was definitely the midisport uno.

M-Audio MidiSport UNO Customer Review submitted September 13, 2006

By a customer from ns.sympatico.ca
Music Style: varied
Sound: Very hard to set up with windows millenium... I gave up and returned it...never really heard it .... so no comment Value: couldn't set it up so I'm going for edirol

M-Audio MidiSport UNO Customer Review submitted January 24, 2004

Overall
Sound: N/A Feature: Should be OK if it worked. Quality: Maybe if it installed properly I would change my mind. Tried installing it on Windows 98 and Windows ME. In both cases it can't find the driver software on the CD. Value: Would be good if it actually worked. Manufacturer Support: N/A. I'm taking it back to the store.

"You get what you pay for. . ." submitted April 20, 2008

Overall
Sound: sounds fine Feature: what features? there aren't really any. plug 'n play Ease of Use: biggest problem with this unit is that it gets locked up. freezes with reason. i also tried using it with my GR-20 and it would not work. shouldn't a MIDI interface work with any MIDI compatible unit? The Wow Factor: this product is for the cheapskate in all of us! :) it works, but don't expect a lot.

"This product does not work!" submitted May 28, 2005

Musical Background: recording engineer
Music Style: R & B
Sound: Sorry, ladies and gents...I am currently getting "no sound," because this product doesn't work. Feature: I am sure that the product is quite useful...to someone not running XP. It looks nifty, though. Quality: Looks nice, but that's the extent of it's usage. Value: Product doesn't work, which means that I have been ripped off. Manufacturer Support: Support sucks, because with everyone's complaint, you would think that there would be an updated driver specifically allowing for compatibility with Windows XP. The Wow Factor: Doesn't work, so I can't rate this category. Overall: Yep, I truly hate this product, and I hate being lied to and ripped off. I can go to the ghetto if I want to experience that. Oh, well, to those readers fortunate enough to read this before purchasing, simply remember, "to be forewarned means to be forearmed."

"Must own for MAC OSX!" submitted December 24, 2004

By a customer from adelphia.net
Musical Background: Active Musician and recording engineer
Music Style: Hard Rock/ Heavy Metal
Sound: Works well. Feature: Has what I needed. Quality: Nice long cords. Plug and Play! Value: Great product for the money Manufacturer Support: M-Audio has been very good so far. I haven't needed to use support. The Wow Factor: Small, easy to use. What else could you want? Overall: Will replace with Same.

"It can't get any easier on WindowsXP" submitted December 2, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Professional at one time but now just Hobbyist/Active Musician.
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues.
Sound: I needed something so I could edit the patches in my POD 2.0 via midi. This was perfect. Feature: It came with the cables I needed and they were plenty long enough. Ease of Use: It Can't get any easier under WindowsXP. All you do is plug it in and it works. You DON'T install ANY drivers off the CD or anywhere else. XP just sees it and it's working. If you can't get this to work then you shouldn't be using a computer. Quality: It's fine. It's not made to be an "On-The-Road" professional piece of heavy duty equipment. It's inexpensive and works great. Value: It's comparable to other products but it's not rocket science that you're paying for. I think all the products in this catagory could be a little less expensive. But it's not like everyone in the world is buying one and they gotta make a profit. Manufacturer Support: Didn't need any, It couldn't be any easier to use. The Wow Factor: It has lights that look cool. Overall: Don't need anything else and nothing could be as easy to setup.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"GOODS AND BADS" submitted June 24, 2005

Overall
Feature: this is an average unit, u get the basuic setup when u get it , however for the musicians wh owill be constantly using MIDI connections i recommed a USB MIDI MAN, as this is only a starter unit, this can be picked up for the same price:P Quality: looks pretty good, matches the colour and style of Computer, i like the lights aswell, they look goegeous in the dark. the quality of the unit is good n all, everything u need, i recommed plugging this unit in a front end usb if ur computer has it.. Value: its good value for money, not every1 can afford the best , this will definately get u on a flying start Manufacturer Support: hasnt broke yet, and i know it wont,

When you call, mention priority code 1552-5C00. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976