When you call, mention priority code 14NC-KTCD

Rating and Reviews: M-Audio Q40 Headphones

Track, mix, and listen in comfort with the M-Audio Q40 Studiophile headphones. These closed-back circumaural cans deliver excellent isolation in the studio.

Overall

"Studiophile Q40 Headphones, The best headphones I've ever heard :)" submitted December 27, 2007

Musical Background: Dj Producer
Music Style: Latin House, Funky House, Everything with house
Sound: Sound Quality is great, I mean, I never heard anything like that before, my old Sony mdr v700 Headphones wasn't accurate at all, the sound was colored and the levels were really different in my monitors, I bought these headphones and yes, sounds like if you were listening to studio monitors! but u must to have a good audio interface if you wanna prove it, with your pci integrated soundcard you will not appreciate this precious product Feature: I like the design and I like the dettachable cord because... the cord is SO BAD, I just have like 5 days Using my M-audio Studiophile Q40 and the cord is damaged now, I can listen just in the left side because the right side doesn't sound... Don't get me wrong, If I move the cord I can listen the right side, the right side of the headphones isn't damaged... I just wanna tell the cord isn't good, you MUST replace that crappy cord and buy another one if you wanna buy those headphones, Is just a insignificant think don't worry man! Those Headphones ROCKS! but the cord is really Low Quality Ease of Use: Yeah! The bag is cool, u can save your headphones here, is too comfortable and the earpads doesn't hurt your ears. Quality: Well.. I don't like that material around the earpad, is too delicate, I don't know if I'm so rude but that... artificial leather is too soft and is a little broken, Everything is perfect but the earpads, Too delicate and if you are a lil' though like me you can mess up this precious headphones :( I didn't damaged it at all, is just has lil' scars on the earpads but nothing several Value: Those headphones must cost like 500 bucks at least, the sound is awesome! remember... the cord SUX, you must to replace it... And I've tried with LOTS of headphones, more expensive and more complex than my headphones but M-audio is the best choice, you don't need to pay too much if you can make a smart buy! Is better a smart buy than a painful price for something that doesn't sound like must sound ;) Manufacturer Support: M-audio doesn't supports u if you don't buy in your own country but you can send your damaged article were you bough it and they will support you without complains ;) The Wow Factor: I want it, I buy it, I love it! Overall: You need a good headphones to make music when your neighbours are sleeping but you think that isn't the same with monitors? Buy those and you will change your mind ;)
11 of 14 people (78.57%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Replacement Cable Nightmare" submitted June 21, 2009

By a customer from uol.com.br
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist, "Active Musician", "Recording Engineer", "Band Director".
Music Style: Good music.
Sound: Sounds very good, not like a TOP headset, but, enought to have fun and make professional use out of it. Feature: Headset + dettachable cable / plug 1/4 - 1/8 adapter Ease of Use: It is easy to use. If you can screw a plug, you're done. Quality: Problem Number 1 - The cable's broken in the second month. It is made dettachable, so you can get another one, anytime... and that's when Problem Number 2 begins. Value: You can get an Audio Technica for lower prices. Manufacturer Support: I have sent e-mails to the support contact, no answers... ended up going to the M-Audio forum, and realised LOTS of people with the same problem. I think that, ashamed with the situation, some people from M-Audio is simply sending spare cables for free. BUT, you have to wait for it, and worst, will have to wait for your new one to be broken too, and then, you will have to run after another one. Where this time!? They say it is supposed to be on their on line store in a few days, but... you willl have to buy it. Much more easier and valueable to make it right and one time only. The attachable cable it is a good idea on paper. Only. The Wow Factor: First you see, fall in love, kiss, propose, than... end up divorcing. Fun while it lasts. Overall: Seriously, when M-Audio fix this issue for good, you go for it, for now, try to avoid headache, this cable things is a nightmare.

"Terrible in the studio (Digital Studio)for recording purposes." submitted July 31, 2008

Musical Background: Active Musician and Recording Engineer
Music Style: Mostly everything
Sound: In the studio it's a real problem when running effects into two tracks. It divids the sound to an unrealistic degree of hearing. For exaple: it splits the delay so bad it sounds like two full tracks out of sync from each other (which digital recording equipment can do from time to time). I kept restarting my system then I listen to it in other head phones and everything was cool. If it doesn't mix down that way then I shouldn't have yo hear it that way. Try keeping time to something like that. Terrible!! Feature: It looks beautiful and professional. I like the attachable chord. What i don't like is it's performance in the studio. Ease of Use: For recording it's terrible and it lacks power. I had to increase the volume on my headphone rack about 60%. Quality: For the money it's the worst headset I've ever used in my studio. I have an old extixt KossTD80, which for some reason I never threw out and never use. I'd rather use it. Value: Not for studio use. Perhaps in other situations like lying around listening to music it might be great. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them. The Wow Factor: I feel in love at first glance, but...I have a headache, I'm not in the mood, goodnight, in fact we're breaking up. Overall: I'm going to tack advantage for the first time with Zzounds on their 30 day trial and exchange it. I buy a lot from Zzounds. They are Great a 10 all the way. This the first time I've run into being not pleased with a product. This Headphone gives a good PR about itself and I thought it would be killer instead it's dead at the gate.

"You are interested in those Headphones??? BUY THEM NOW!!!" submitted December 20, 2007

Musical Background: Musical Producer
Music Style: Trance, Electro, House, Rock, Jazz, Blues, Folk, Etc.
Sound: I can't find words to describe this product... it's just amazing, M-audio makes really good stuff and these headphones are the best that I've ever heard, When you use them u can't hear NOTHING outside, you feel like in a professional studio, bass response is PERFECT Feature: Detachable and replaceable cord... best of the best, top of the line, If your cord is damaged you can replace it because I mess up my old headphones because the cord was damaged, this is really comfortable and doesn't kill your ears! Ease of Use: You must to adjust fine the cord into the M-audio Studiophile Q40 if you don't wanna have a bad moment like me, I thinked that the Headphones were damaged but I just had to adjust the cord into the headphones and thats all! Quality: I can hear EVERYTHING!!! Including sub Bass and Super High Frequencies, I love my Headphones :D! Value: If you think that is better waste more cash on other products, M-audio will teach you that you don't need to waste lots of money in a professional equipment to your studio Manufacturer Support: M-audio offers the best support The Wow Factor: I fall in love with them Overall: This is the best value for money that you can find here, You dont need to waste 1000 bucks for a professional headphones, THIS is your best choice, THIS is the best buy that you can do, I'm in love with this headphones and I tell u something, Don't Underestimate M-audio Products, just ROCKS!!

When you call, mention priority code 14NC-KTCD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976