When you call, mention priority code 15GX-R62J

Rating and Reviews: M-Audio KeyRig 49

Turn your computer into a high-powered production studio with this 49-key controller from M-Audio.

"Nothing better for the price." submitted April 9, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician, composer, and home recording enthusiast
Music Style: Everything (and I mean everything).
Sound: The key rig software it comes with is great. Capable of a lot of really good sounds. Feature: It is exactly what it claims to be. You have to understand what you need and if this will fill your need. This was a very low cost way to add some quality instrument tracks in my home studio. Ease of Use: Interfaced well. Software installed perfectly. I gave it a nine instead of a ten because the manual could be more informative and a lot clearer. Quality: Again, it is exactly what it says it is. I am not a concert pianist. If I were I wouldn't try to play a concert on this :-) But that is not what it's for, although I could definitely see using for some fill at a gig. I think with a case it would be ok. You have to take care of your equipment. Don't blame the manufacturer if you don't. I have a Martin acoustic guitar I have carried through ice sub zero winters and hot humid summers for ten years. It doesn't have a scratch. Value: If this is what you need, I truly believe there is nothing like it for the price. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to contact them. The Wow Factor: Nothing sexy. It is what it is and does what it claims well. Overall: It will work for me for some time to come.
43 of 45 people (95.56%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great, space-saving controller." submitted June 30, 2011

Musical Background: PRO
Music Style: Pop/Rock/Latin/World/Jazz
Feature: Basic controller features - very good for what I needed it for - if you require more knobs/sliders they make different models. Ease of Use: Plugged it into my PCs (Vista and XP) both recognized it instantly, loaded the drivers automatically and I was using it in less than 5 minutes. Easy to switch octaves as yo play as well as sending MIDI volume. Quality: It will be fine if you don't plan on taking out and/or dropping it constantly. Feels a bit cheap but, solid enough for playing and recording at home. Value: I think it could cost a bit less, considering that you can buy its biggest brother (88 keys) for $179.00 online. Overall: Does what it's supposed to do without fuss and issues.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"For M- Audio 49 key" submitted September 11, 2012

By Eric B in Phoenix, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: No backround at all just like Beethoven though.
Music Style: I enjoy all sorts of sounds,why separate them?
Overall: I was really happy with the control,so now I have the power of $1,500 dollars worth of instruments through my studio software at hand. Thank-you!,well now I'm gone off to entertain myself.

"Key Rig MAudio 49" submitted May 1, 2012

By William Thompson in Erie, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for over 15 years, piano, alto sax, and guitar.
Music Style: Traditional genes of Rock and Hip-Hop
Overall: Fantastic starter controller. A tad slow on key response but does the job and I go to college for music production and it does the job... Great bang for your buck

"This is how you learn. You're welcome." submitted April 22, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Student of the art and science of recording and engineering.
Music Style: Anything that paints a sound.
Sound: This product does not make sound. MIDI is not audio. MIDI is a digital protocol expressed in binary, electrical, or magnetic signals used to communicate, control, or synchronize with each other. Feature: In back: DC adapter port, USB port, MIDI out, sustain port, and on/off switch. 49 keys (4 octaves), pitch bend wheel, modulation wheel, volume fader, and + or - Octave. Ease of Use: It is a MIDI controller. MIDI in concept is simple. Yes, this product does what it was built to do. Quality: You get what you pay for. And what you pay for is up to you. Know what you are purchasing to detail. Value: sure, it is what it is. Manufacturer Support: I tested the software drivers on two OS. Windows MCE, and Windows XP Pro. I've found that most software applications that I use for recording works the best with WindowsXP Pro. Which by the way is discontinuing production, so pick up a copy while you can. Or just go buy a Mac. The Wow Factor: N/A Overall: I will use this product until my needs outgrow the things I own.
35 of 62 people (56.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"No compatible with Windows 7" submitted October 8, 2012

By Dave R in Phoenix, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: musician for 59 years, play 4 insturments, play in an orchestra
Overall: This order cost me over hundred dollars in returns, not to mention hassles. The M-Audio KeyRig 49 is NOT compatible with any modern computer that runs the latest software and the company's website says don't even try contacting them for a fix. As a result I had to return the keyboard at my own expense, plus the stand, MIDI software by PrintMusic and the book on PrintMusic.

"No Windows XP Pro or Win Media Cntr support" submitted March 11, 2008

Music Style: Alternative
Sound: Can't say since it won't install on Windows Pro or Windows Media Center. M-Audio support said so sad, too bad. Feature: Keyboard is OK but nothing to write home about Ease of Use: Again, software won't install on my versions of Windows Quality: Again, software won't install on my versions of Windows Manufacturer Support: Again, software won't install on my versions of Windows. Support was very un-cooperative and said nothing beyong we don't support Windows Pro or Windows Media Center.
12 of 78 people (15.38%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 15GX-R62J. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976