When you call, mention priority code 155P-N4KY

Rating and Reviews: M-Audio Delta 1010LT

Bring more possibilities to your home studio at a price you can afford with this card's 8 analog ins and outs and 2 XLR ins with pre amps.

"Great Card for the Studio PC" submitted September 9, 2012

By Bradford Guy P in Peoria, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: I have been a musician for over 35 years. Vocals, acoustic guitar, keyboards, drums and other percussion instruments.
Music Style: Blues, Christian, Light Rock, Ballads and some Creative Dance, New-Age and Electronica mixed in.
Sound: It will give you more than you really need, in terms of sound depth and quality. Feature: The least useful feature is the short pigtails. The best detail is the amount and types of I/O. Ease of Use: Easy to install - but PLEASE use the usual precautions for static discharge and microprocessors - static will zap a sound card quicker than you can say toast! Once installed, with the cables connected correctly and the driver is updated, you just set it once, via the Graphical User Interface and forget about it. Quality: The build quality is awesome. I like that the pigtails are connected via ports on the back of card rather than just hardwired. Makes disconnection and/or replacement of the pigtails (if needed) a breeze. Value: Once I had it installed and working - I said to myself "Self, this was a good purchase!" If I had to I would purchase another. Definitely worth the money paid. There are more "glamorous" (and high priced) interfaces out there, but for the money, this has all of the power, low latency and connectivity I need in my home studio. Manufacturer Support: Have not dealt with support, but found all answers I needed in the forums. The Wow Factor: Really no wow factor as the device is not seen. I can only brag about it in my specs :-) Overall: I was unsure of this purchase at first since I had no hardware knobs to turn or sliders to slide, but was I was pleased with the end result; it's pretty much set and forget. There are two drawbacks for me though, but neither is a deal-breaker - 1. The length of the pigtails; way too short. Add about 24" on to what is there and it would almost be perfect. 2. The RCA plugs are not marked - you have to manually figure out which RCA plug is for which channel. I only had one issue with the driver - actually it was the on GUI; it disappeared a couple of times, even though my task manager said it was running it could not be seen. I found through the forums that is was actually really there, just way off to the side of the monitor screen so it could not be seen or adjusted. A slight tweak of the driver file and it was back. In the end. if you need a good sound card with all of the bells and whistles - this almost does it; it has almost every kind of input and output you could need, unless you are in a full-blown pro studio.By the way, I am using it with Sonar X1 Producer, 64bit Win-7 machine with an AMD 6 core Black-Box processor, 16 gigs of memory and it works great! It has NEVER crashed due to this card or driver.

"Pretty sweet card" submitted August 26, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: 20years playing, producing, recording, and engineering...
Music Style: good one.. it's what I call "constantly mutating"
Sound: great latency, happy with sound other than occasional interferance... Feature: has alot of features, mic pres are cool again phantom power would rule... Quality: pretty solid. wonder if I'll have problems w/ breakout pigtails further down the line... Value: Paid $300 Big Bang for buck! wish I could have waited until they were a lil' cheaper but who doesn't say that? Manufacturer Support: I haven't delt with them but a good friend has, and they solved his problem with one email, atleast they do answer emails... The Wow Factor: not super sexy but it does what it needs to do. Someone should create a breakoutbox for this puppy Overall: I've heard there are issues w/ using multipule m-audio interfaces... these may have been fixed in driver revisions and or firmware upgrades, I DON'T KNOW WISH I HAD TWO AND I COULD TRY IT OUT AND TELL YOU. rca's could have been 1/4" phono plugs, but doesn't really matter, infact it's probably easier on the pigtails
26 of 28 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Two cards give you 18 ins & 18 outs for under $500 total. I now have THE POWER!" submitted April 22, 2006

Musical Background: Musician / Songwriter / Journalist / Audio Enthusiast
Music Style: Emo / Irish Drinking Songs / Gonzo Pop
Sound: This card offers amazing capability and sound for very little ca$h. I mainly use the "spdif in" to record from my ART DPSII, and I have no complaints recording at 24/44.1. The built in preamps, which were a big sell for me at the time, turned out to be useless sonically. I now use them for either talk-back mikes, scat vocals or I convert them to balanced line-ins. No latency is accomplished with the built-in sofware mixer, and overdubbing / monitoring was a breeze, even without a mixer. I had the Delta 1010 LT and Audiophile 2496 installed at the same time. They both showed up in the driver software, but I couldn't monitor the inputs of both cards at the same time. Strange, but I'm sure two Delta 1010 LT cards would work fine with an outboard mixer. At least I plan to find out, by dropping another 1010 LT into this system. The 1010 LT works great with my Windows 98 / Samplitude 6.0 system. Aside from the noisy preamps, I love it...Totally! Feature: Midi works great, and midi timecode locks up my computer and Tascam 564 perfectly. Fun free synth software. Poor preamps make excellent talkback / scat vocal mike preamps. Ease of Use: Intuitive. Warm, rich sound. Minimal learning curve. Good manual. Quality: I hope to get 20 years out of this product, and I may probably buy another. 18 ins and 18 outs for under $500 Canadian. I think that's a deal!?! Value: Good deal all around. Simple...No bells & whistles...Just clean sound. Manufacturer Support: I've had no need for tech support with either of my Delta cards. The Wow Factor: Unobtrusive interface. No space wasted in a cluttered studio. Saves a rack space, which is great, because I don't have one to spare! Overall: Like it...Like it...Like it.

"This product, the Delta 1010lt is definitely worth the money. Get it!" submitted February 3, 2004

Music Style: any
Sound: Sound is wonderful. Subject to a bit of interference from the CD ROM and a few transients, but that could just be my cheap mobo. Crisp clear sound, stable and easy to listen to. Feature: The back of the card breakout cable is ok, but I wish they'd include at least a basic rack interface for this card. The full 1010 has all of this and more, but the light version only has inputs and outputs on back of card. I guess that's why they call it the light version. Quality: Good quality. Value: Its probably overpriced but ok. Manufacturer Support: never dealt with 'em The Wow Factor: It feels good, it has overall market appeal being a lower priced version of high quality stuff. Overall: I will wear this out before replacement. I wish I had enough bux to put one back for later use.

"Great product, had it for years, did not hesitate to purchase a second unit based upon several years of rock solid performance.." submitted September 15, 2011

Musical Background: Professional producer, musician, engineer
Music Style: R & B, Rap, Jazz, Classical
Sound: This is my second card. I purchased my first one several years ago when I set up my GigaStudio computer. It was amazing then....it's still amazing now....I've since switched to Kontakt (Complete ver 6)since GigaStudio is no more. Feature: Can't beat it for the price point. RCA connections for in/out are good but not great....again...can't complain for the price. Ease of Use: Very easy to install and configure....good software interface....pretty intuative. Quality: I have one for several years and my new one and old one work identically...you can't tell them apart. Value: No other interface as capable can touch it for the price!! Manufacturer Support: Never had a problem....never had to call!!! The Wow Factor: It's a real "fire-and-forget" product. You don't have to tweak it unless you take it out of one computer and place it in another. Overall: I may buy another one!!! ....if I build a third computer for my studio.

"Im happy, No cautions" submitted October 11, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: Drummer, and recording engineer and amatuer producer
Music Style: trance, remix, Punk, and rock
Sound: This sounds great. Each output has No noise, and the sound is great and clear. I guess its everything you would expect. but no regrets here. Feature: al the features are great, I think this is the cheapest way to get 8 24-bit ins to your computer for recording drums. its got every connection there is almost except adat i/o. other then that, 10in/10out....its the best interface at this price. also, dont worry about buying your software first if your getting this card. It come with reason adapted and abelton live LE. not the full programs, but a lot of good stuff. I use the reason adapted as a rewire slave Quality: too bad theres no breakout box, and I wish the break out cables were a tad longer, It wouldnt have costed nothing for m-audio, but yeah there a bit short. but once I got everything hooked up back there, I never have had to go behind the comp and tinker. but im not worried something will break, Its not like your going to be moving the card around, Its just as solid as your avarage pci card: Ill be using this card,....for.....a Long time. Value: its the best card you can get for a home studio that doesnt have big bucks, but wants to compete with the big studios. thats why i bought it. I feel its worth the money compared to any other interface. Manufacturer Support: I did write m-audio's tech service, they wrote back within a day. the email didnt really answere my question tho. haha The Wow Factor: its pretty ugly....hahah but I dont care. I make good music with it, if they just aranged each plug into a nice box you can set on the table....it would have only costed m-audio a bit more....this would have been a card to good to be true. Overall: its going to meet my needs for....as long as i can look forward. i recommend this card.

"Great for Price" submitted March 19, 2008

Musical Background: Musician/ Studio Recording
Music Style: Celtic Rock
Sound: With the right knowledge of miking amps and drums, you can get very professional results. It's not the card that makes studio, it's the operator. Great recording, no pops, low to no latency (usually none). Feature: Good for what it is. I would rather have 10 analog's instead of having only 8. But it is good.

"Any better sound Card besides m-audio 1010LT" submitted April 26, 2006

By a customer from yahoo.com.sg
Musical Background: Recording engineer
Music Style: pop
Sound: good AD/DA conversion with no crackles,perfect recording recording interface for professional results. no regrets Feature: 10 i/o.what more you ask? Ease of Use: easy sound card Quality: ADAT sound Value: value for money. you dun get this cheap Manufacturer Support: ok.good The Wow Factor: no regrets and will replace the same if spoilt..if ever. Overall: Yes. the BEST

"Excellent price/performance" submitted July 6, 2008

By a customer from spamex.com
Overall
Sound: I purchased this for the sole purpose of mixing/mastering a slew of home 8-track recordings for CD. I was very pleased at how well the audio was input into the PC. Feature: The bottom line is that this delivered the goods for me. I was able to smoothly and reliably dump all 8 tracks of my recordings into Adobe Audition at a high quality. Not a lot of features with this...but with what it can do, it does very well! Ease of Use: I did have to do a little tweaking to get it working with the audio software. But once I got the settings right, it worked like a charm. As others have mentioned, I'm not a big fan of all of the cables dangling out the back of my PC...but for the price, I can live with it. Quality: Seems to be pretty well built. For me, I have not run into any problems (yet). Value: For the price, you can't go wrong! The Wow Factor: Not sexy, but does it well. Overall: I have been very pleased with this. However, with the lower price of USB/Firewire mixers, I am considering going this route to clean up my workspace a little bit.

"very good soundcard." submitted November 18, 2004

By a customer from garoa.com
Overall
Musical Background: keybordist, arrnger, composer.
Music Style: contemporary, freestyle, alternative, improvisation
Sound: so far so good. Feature: You can only get the mix out throught output 1&2. I wish I could get from any pair of outputs (3&4, 5&6, or 7&8). Maybe it's not t HW but a SW (driver) limitation, I'm not sure Quality: it did not broke so far. I guess it is ok Value: good value The Wow Factor: lots of cables swiveling cables hang outside my pc. I guess they could provide a plastic rack to make it more organized,.. anyway, although very tangled, it works. Overall: I'm content with it.

"i only realy needed to write in the overall catagory. because i already knew it was a perfect 10 in all the other catagories...." submitted May 26, 2005

Overall
Overall: I own a delta 1010 LT and a delta 44 and between the 2 i have never needed anything more to acomplish any project that comes my way. may it be a live band situation or private studio to garge band it is amazing equipment that i would never think in a million years would be so affordable, relible and compatible..... Congrats!!!

"Buyer Beware!!!" submitted June 14, 2009

By a customer from tampabay.rr.com
Overall
Musical Background: Musician for 43 years.
Music Style: Mixed.
Sound: Installed two and have had problems with slave card digital distortion at random times. Totally useless if you can't trust it to record clean all the time! Feature: Best bang for the buck if it would work! Ease of Use: Easy! Quality: Good. Value: If it would work as advertised! Manufacturer Support: When I can get assistance, they do the old "blame it on the PC/software game. Had the same problem since buying the cards even after buying another new PC and installing a second time just to have the same exact problem! The Wow Factor: Practical. Overall: No use if it can't record consistantly good recordings.

"Old, unreliable drivers and unsupported - look elsewhere" submitted June 11, 2010

Overall
Sound: Allegdly very good sound quality although I haven't A/B ed it with other cards to give an accurate picture Feature: Lots of inputs! Ease of Use: Shockingly bad drivers - updates often require re-installing of card, poor documentation and now the manual is completely out-of-date. This is an old card and poorly supported Manufacturer Support: 1 a minute here in the UK- only used them once but they did sort the problem.

"forget pci, go firewire" submitted March 30, 2006

Musical Background: recording engineer
Music Style: indie/industrial
Sound: I wouldn't put a lot of faith into the built-in preamps or converters. Feature: Breakout cables were never meant to be this messy. Ease of Use: The included mixer software is pretty intuitive. Quality: It slowly failed on me within 12-15 months of owning the product, in a particularly nasty way. Now, any time I try to get sound out of it, I hear staccato static. Value: It's cheap but I think you can do better for this price range if you settle on getting less I/O channels. Manufacturer Support: So far support has been VERY slow to do anything at all and their suggestions have been vague stabs in the dark. The Wow Factor: Has no appeal. The breakout cables are all anyone will ever see and it's not exactly pretty. Overall: I am going to have to replace it. Even if they actually do something, and repair or replace my card, I just don't trust it. I think I used it a lot more than it was meant to be used. I guess you can say I rode it hard.

"Good hardware, typically poor software, zero customer support." submitted May 28, 2005

Overall
Sound: It is comparable with other cards. Feature: Lots of I/O. Very nice. Quality: The HW seems fine, but the software is not. The control panel doesn't seem to control much; none of the faders, mute, solo controls work. Cannot patch the way one would expect, as in I cannot send audio outs where I want, and have to accept the default outs. Send to mixer monitor should be renamed "send to audio black hole" as no sound excapes the mixer. So, of the six channel speaker setup I have (5.1 M-Audiio studio setup) I can only get audio out of two speakers with no control over volume, solo, pan, or mute. Value: I would rate this a lot higher if the control panel did something useful - like controled the audio/patch panel. Manufacturer Support: I have sent an email to customer support, and fully expect the type of support I have received in the past. Which is to say, I do not expect to hear from them at all. The Wow Factor: If support fixes tie problems I am seeing, I will rate it higher. Overall: If support does not fix the problems I am seeing, then I expect to continue to be dissatisfied with M-Audio products. I was victimized by M-Audio with their FW410 fiasco (the crash o`matic 410), and have had less than stellar results with the Moble-pre USB. The studio speakers are nice...

When you call, mention priority code 155P-N4KY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976