When you call, mention priority code 141X-9B2X

Rating and Reviews: M-Audio BX5 D2 Monitors

Elevate your mixes with M-Audio's next-generation BX D2 studio monitor speakers -- both a favorite for home setups, and a real-world reference in pro studios.

"Bx5 Heaven " submitted April 22, 2014

By Dwayne I in Hammonton, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: I am a hip hop / blues rock artist i have been making music for several years. Im a vocalist and novice guitar player.
Music Style: Hip Hop , Blues Rock , Nu metal, Rapcore
Overall: To start off I'm a Artist / Engineer who has years experience in studios with different and more expensive equipment. so i do know my way around some monitors. THESE MONITORS ARE GREAT. If your on a budget get them if you budget is lower save up like I did. i love the Mids and Highs aren't harsh they are bright with a good sheen. Th lows smooth not crazy extreme remember "5 INCH CONE" there not that big but in the end its about your mix game also ppl like to blame equipment for there problems with mixing. other then that no problem the weight is good the my mixes are coming out awesome and it great for home studios. Hope i helped

"Overall, this product has expanded my ear to sound and is slowly giving me the upperhand." submitted January 5, 2012

Musical Background: i've been in the music field for about 16 - 17 years
Music Style: drum n bass, reggae, break beat, anything really because i play drums
Sound: The quality is just amazing and having such great response on all frequencies gives me much more in depth production with my music. Feature: Everything is useful here, as simple as it is! Ease of Use: It is very easy to use. Plug n Play to be honest. All i really had to do was go to Radio shack and grab 2 quarter inch cables and i was all set! Quality: Product is well made and looks like it can withstand a lot of looping. Value: great value for the price! Manufacturer Support: I haven't contacted the company yet for any problems. The Wow Factor: They sound better than they look :) though they look really sleek. Overall: For a very long time until they break.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent entry-level studio monitors" submitted June 27, 2012

By Chris B in Knoxville, TN
Overall
Musical Background: elementary band, self-taught guitarist since 1992, Impulse Tracker since 1999, Buzz since 2001, Live since 2007
Music Style: mostly industrialized flavors of many different genres
Sound: Wide, clean full range frequency response with no bias that my ears can pick out. Good stereo imaging. Feature: The only feature I'm not crazy about is placing the volume knobs on the back of each unit. I don't have an SPL meter, so I have to do my volume balance on them by ear. If things need adjusting I have to lean forward out of my sweet spot and reach around to fiddle with the knob in question.That's a fairly small gripe, though. Once I've got them adjusted there's nothing more to complain about, and it's a lot harder to accidentally bump a knob when they're on the rear. Ease of Use: Some might have problems connecting to these particular speakers, especially if you're working with an internal sound card with only a single 1/8" stereo line out. I have a PreSonus Firebox audio interface, which fortunately has separate left and right 1/4" TRS main outs and its own gain. Without a separate gain control I would have to use software volume control (which will give you those nasty digital jumps at lower levels) or reach around and twist both knobs all the time, and with only a basic internal sound card I'd need to split the 1/8" stereo out into two mono 1/4" TRs/TRSs using a special cable (which I haven't found yet, but is probably out there somewhere) or using a 1/4" stereo splitter cable with a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter (which could add a small amount of noise to the signal).Otherwise they work like any other pair of speakers. Turn the volume knobs to adjust their loudness. Quality: Very well made. They look built to last for several years, and they sound like they can go the whole way blaring. Value: I've not compared these speakers with anything else in the price range, but I can definitely say I'd happily spend the $300 on them again. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it yet. My old Studio Pro 4s lasted about 7 years before going bad, and that's actually surprisingly good considering the dust problem I've got with my central air. The Wow Factor: They look good, sound great, and feel solid and well made. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for mixing speakers on a budget. Overall: I bought these to replace my failing M-Audio Studio Pro 4s, and I must say I'm very glad I opted to go with the BX5s. They have a fabulous presence with nice bright highs, clear mids, and nice crisp bass. They have solid cabinets that transmit no noticeable vibration through my wall-mounted speaker stands (bad, I know, but all I can manage at the moment), and 70 watts gives me all the headroom I need to go from quiet all the way up to blasting without having to worry about distortion.
14 of 17 people (82.35%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Small But Powerful" submitted June 5, 2014

By Nsikak E in St Paul, MN
Musical Background: 5 Years keyboardist, started producing a few ago
Music Style: Hip-Hop, Soul, Chillwave
Overall: These bad boys pack a surprising punch! I just picked these up to produce and mix in my room and I'm still blown away by the sound. The miss sit perfect and the lows sound great even without a subwoofer. I highly recommend this (with a little google price matching) it's the best bang for your buck!!

"everyhting I thought it would be" submitted December 15, 2011

Overall
Sound: The sound is perfect considering im using it for turntables. You can hear everything when you listen to a song. But itll be better if you get stands for the monitors. Feature: everyhting is useful Ease of Use: just plug and play no need for an amp Quality: Considering it has kevlar made into it. It is made well. Just make sure you warm it up dont want to blow it. Value: I didnt think it was really expensive but it is a good product so its worth it. Manufacturer Support: The company is good to reach no worries. Just keep your reciept/order form for the warranty. The Wow Factor: Its look nice Overall: Im hoping to have it for a while considering i want to do more things into producing,recording and mixing.

"Really awesome speakers" submitted November 4, 2012

By Joshua A in Sparks, NV
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar (mostly rock) for about 14 years.
Music Style: Rock, Metal-core, Acoustic, Punk, Pop-punk.
Overall: One of my friends has these monitors, and I loved the way they sounded from when we would write and record demos. I basically went from computer speakers to these, and they make a huge difference. The bass is clearer, it's way easier to mix in my opinion - a lot less time burning CD's and taking it to the car stereo than before, huge plus. I love these things. They're easily one of the best musical purchases I've made in the last 10 years.

When you call, mention priority code 141X-9B2X. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976