When you call, mention priority code 16X4-1FW4

Rating and Reviews: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61

Control your DAW and virtual instruments with a MIDI keyboard that automatically maps its knobs, buttons, and faders to your software with HyperControl.

"Nice,but overpriced" submitted February 2, 2013

By Thomas Sneddon in Toms River, NJ
Overall
Overall: Bought the 49 key version a few years ago,because the 61 was too pricey.Back then,I was brand new to DAW's,so I really appreciated the Hypercontrol feature.The semi-weighted action was a notable improvement.....but the color scheme was a bit to radical for me.

""Feels pretty good, support sucks, hypercontrol doesn't work properly for people who have version 8 or above, not a great value," submitted January 6, 2011

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Producer, Musician
Music Style: Classically trained gospel musician and Hip-Hop/R&B/PoP producer.
Sound: It is expressive, the keys have a fairly nice response but they are a too light. I had heard that this keyboard was sturdy so I was a little taken aback at how fragile and just unnatural the keys actually felt. Overall, I wouldn't complain too much about them though. The pads are actually pretty good and the resolution of the faders and rotary nobs were better than I expected. Feature: The features sound great but what they won't tell you is that Hypercontrol doesn't function properly in Pro Tools 8 or higher. Many of the other DAWs and music production software are impossible to use effectively and you WILL waste alot of time trying to get this thing to work. I couldn't believe they didn't bother to tell customers that Hypercontrol doesn't work AT ALL with Pro Tools 8.04 and causes FATAL errors in Pro Tools 9. I lost a great deal of respect for M-Audio. Ease of Use: It's not easy to learn how to use the more complicated features, like anything there is a learning curve. However a more user intuitive interface wouldn't hurt. Quality: Just doing a little research specifically into the problems of this keyboard you can see that they're pretty significant. From problems with the LED screen to the board just not working after a while. It's not the sort of board that's going to last you a life-time. This was one of my biggest disappointments. Value: For the price I expected it to actually work. Otherwise I could buy a cheaper board and alpha track's transport or something and call it a day. It's so aggravating when you spend hours trying to figure out what's wrong your setup/keyboard just find out it's a software problem that M-audio knew about for months on end and still hasn't found a resolution, or at the very least resolved to inform their customers about the issues before they buy it. Manufacturer Support: M-audio's support is absolutely abysmmal. If you look at the M-Audio forums you can see for yourself the amount of time it takes to get a response on an issue, and if it helps when they finally get around to it. The Wow Factor: The board looks nice. Not super sexy but definitely not ugly. It has a little whip appeal. Overall: I personally wasn't satisfied at all... I will be returning it
19 of 24 people (79.17%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Reliable Midi Controller" submitted November 8, 2011

Musical Background: Producer
Music Style: Hip Hop, R&B, and Pop
Sound: there is no sound its a midi controller Feature: I like the fact that I "could" control my DAW through it, but the DAW I am currently using isnt supported. Used it with Pro Tools and Garage Band and its awesome just no support for FL Studios. I have PT9 but havent set up my interface yet. Ease of Use: I am not sure if this is a issue with the board or if its a problem with my computer but,from time to time with FL Studios the USB will stop working, but can easily be fixed by unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back up. Quality: Only issue I have with it is its plastic, before I owned this board i had a CME UF5 and hated it had a metal case but the paint rubbed off easily the USB port easily broke, tech support sucked after months of getting the run around from them they gave me useless info so i finally gave up and got this Value: its a bit pricy Manufacturer Support: Yes I had bought a Audio Buddy from them never got a chance to use it though a member from my group was recording and left the window open and the Audio Buddy was sitting on top of the monitors and it fell out of a 2 store townhome sighs but havent had any major issues out of the Axiom, so i havent had any needs to The Wow Factor: i can say this, it does stand out from all the other equipment i own. Overall: for the price i would probably wear it out

"Great Product" submitted October 15, 2012

By Anthony Darlington in Damascus, MD
Musical Background: Playing for over 20 years, play professionally,
Music Style: dance, hip-hop, and R&B
Overall: The feel of the keys are superb. The integration with my software sequence program was the best. I like it a lot.

"Axiom Pro 61" submitted October 15, 2012

By Alex Z in Las Vegas, NV
Musical Background: guitar, producer,vocals
Music Style: Death Metal, Electronica
Overall: An excellent product! Very easy to use at an affordable price!

When you call, mention priority code 16X4-1FW4. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976