When you call, mention priority code 173B-ZVZZ

Rating and Reviews: Martin LXME Guitar

This Little Martin may be small, but it packs a sonic punch. It features Fishman Mini Q electronics, so it's perfect for the bedroom or the stage.

"Little Martin (small in price, BIG in value)" submitted September 27, 2007

Music Style: Christian some Country
Sound: Well, it is a travel guitar, so I didn't expect the sound to be that great. However, when I plug into the "Mini-Q" my accustic mini-amp really brings out the sound. When unplugged - it is loud enough for me... Feature: The gig bag is awesome! I will not only store my guitar in it, but will use it everywhere I go. The "Mini-Q" is great, but if you do not plan to amplify, it really is not needed. Ease of Use: There was minimal information that came with the guitar. Pretty much "self explanitory." Quality: This Little Martin is a beast! It weighs more than my full size classical guitar. However, I would prefer it to be heavy and duarable than light and fragile. My fret bars need to be filed. they stick out too far over the fretboard (a bit uncomfortable). Also, my high "E" string is very close to the edge of the fretboard. It takes some getting use to... Value: I am very happy with the guitar. Price is an issue for me; so, I have to look for bargains/sales and I believe the Little Martin was a great bargain for what you get. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: This Little Martin is appealing - That's for sure! It also makes you want to take it everywhere you go. Overall: Depending on the construction of the guitar, I plan to use it daily for a long, long time... I thought the smal size would be uncomfortable/awkward - I was totally wrong! It is very comfortable and easy to play.

"Beats the Backpacker hands down!" submitted February 14, 2005

Music Style: Country Rock, Acoustic
Sound: Sounds like a full size inexpensive guitar, and has much bedtter sound than the baby Taylor or the Fender. Feature: Comes with a nice padded gig bag with back pack style straps built in. Quality: Made of composite, should be durable and trouble free. Plus, it's a Martin! Manufacturer Support: I have been a Martin owner for 32 years, they stand behind their products. The Wow Factor: If you are a Martin fan, you have to have it. It looks just like my D-18! Overall: I bought this guitar to be a beater/travel/take to the beach guitar, because I was a little disappointed with the performance of the Backpacker. So far, I have been totally pleased with it, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a travel or practice guitar.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Pound for Pound One of The Greatest Guitars In The World" submitted December 31, 2005

Musical Background: Played in Big Bands and Old Time Rock& Roll
Music Style: Swing and Rock& Roll
Sound: I played a friends several times and decided to purchase one for myself. Anyone who hasn't played one or had the pleasure of playing one they should definately find a dealer and do so.When i first played one I was amazed at the full sound that it had.The fret action is very comfortable and easy to play. Feature: Comes with a thickly padded gigbag. Quality: I wish it came with a tortoise pickguard.The Battery compartment comes loose easily and the battery slips out occasionally. Value: When you plug it into a good acoustic amp, it sounds like a full size Martin. Manufacturer Support: I phone Martin regarding a pick gusrd for this Guitar and one is not available. They were however great to talk to and answered other questions. They did not rush me off the phone but made sure they answered all my question in their entirety. The Wow Factor: You can't miss with one from Martin. Overall: This is a real keeper for the size and sound.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"WOW!!!" submitted October 9, 2012

By Carolyne Mas in Pearce, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: 50 years as a player, 40+ professionally. I play piano, guitar, and sing.
Music Style: Rock, alternative, pop, folk, jazz, blues.
Overall: How did they pack all of this sound into a tiny guitar? It is better than my Taylor Baby by light years, and is great either unplugged or plugged in. The built in tuner is very convenient. I am doing a European tour in January, and I will be taking this little beauty with me. It should pose no problem on the airplane because if its size, and it won't be a burden to tote around. Nice gig bag, too. I am more than happy with my purchase, and happy that zZounds makes it so easy!

"2 Years & still playing" submitted September 23, 2014

By scott eyer in indio, CA
Musical Background: 2 years, guitar-- home with friends
Music Style: all kinds
Overall: This is easy Martin made this guitar to be kicked around so to speak -- It is really rugged and great to take anywhere, the Gig Bag is very well padded, the best soft case I have seen. The cost is low & it is a Martin can't go wrong.

"Exactly what I was looking for." submitted November 29, 2013

By Ken W
Overall
Overall: I have been looking for a small acoustic that would travel well and produce an acceptable sound and that wouldn't cost a fortune. I was also interested in carbon fiber and composite construction that would hold up to tropic high humidity. I am very happy with the way this little guitar sounds and plays. No. The Sound of LMX doesn't compete with the sound of a good full sized acoustic but it delivers surprising tone and volume for its small size. Although I haven't yet taken the LMX to a tropical climate, the high pressure laminate construction should stand up to the humidity better than wood. I can't speak to the quality of the manufacturer's support as I haven't had occasion to seek it.

"Martin LXME Little Acoustic-Electric" submitted November 3, 2014

By Bobby W in Clinton, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Played for over 40 years out and about - current primary instruments are Fender Standard Telecaster and 70's Martin HD-28
Music Style: rock, folk, country, blues - child of the 60's style
Overall: I got this little beauty to have something always available to pick up and play whenever and wherever. I am surprised by how much I enjoy it - it plays true, frets well, stays tuned, and sounds acceptable. It plays and sounds better than most full size options in the price neighborhood and the size makes it easy to grab and play in any sitting situation chair, couch, car, whatever - I would also expect this to be a pretty good beginner option. It was money well spent. It even sounds pretty good plugged in.

"Economical and well built" submitted June 23, 2014

By Michael F
Musical Background: 10 yrs on guitar
Music Style: Christian rock
Sound: Full Feature: Electronics are the strong suite of this guitar, but it is well built. Ease of Use: Easy Quality: Very durable. Value: Well priced. Manufacturer Support: I haven't The Wow Factor: No Overall: This guitar, although miniature in size, is well built, and has the electronic pickups that pack a great sound in to a small package. I purchased this guitar for the church so that a man or woman could play it comfortably, and knowing that it was a Martin was a clear sign that it was going to be well put together. I had the chance to hear one before the purchase as well and although small, it delivered a nice sound. You can not got wrong for the price.

"Martin LXME" submitted June 16, 2014

By Randy M in Oklahoma city, OK
Musical Background: hobby player for 30Years, jam at home
Music Style: Blues,rock, country
Overall: This guitar makes the 3RD. guitar I have bought from Zzounds and was shipped to my front door in perfect condition in about 3 days, my hat is off to the people at zzounds for there great service. As far as the little martin goes the action a touch high I think but big sound out of a little martin for little money a great take any where guitar.

When you call, mention priority code 173B-ZVZZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976