When you call, mention priority code 14YQ-3JXW

Rating and Reviews: Martin LXM Guitar

The Little Martin acoustic is the perfect guitar for players of all ages and skill levels. It features a natural finish and comes with a back pack-style gig bag.

"A small" submitted April 12, 2004

By a customer from bellsouth.com
Music Style: folk, blues and
Sound: Although the sound is not quite as full as a full size Martin, it is certainly on a par with many other full size accoustics, and it is "Martin sweet". Feature: The gig bag is astoundingly beautiful and well made! Quality: Yes, its high pressure laminate, not real wood, and yes, it was made in Mexico, not Nazareth, but for well under $300. the quality, workmanship and finish are very, very Martin-like. Value: Do you want a sweet sounding little practice guitar that you can grab and play any time the spirit moves you? This has to be the best value around. Manufacturer Support: I have never had to avail myself of Martin support, but I will take the word of friends who have and rate it highly, as they do. The Wow Factor: This rating is a little low only because the small size does look like a student guitar, and may be a tad wimpish for public performance, but that's not why you buy it, is it? Overall: I think I will probably purchase a full size Martin as soon as I can afford it, but for the immediate purpose of playing myself back into shape, I think the Little Martin will do just fine.
46 of 47 people (97.87%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Small portable guitar with big Martin sound!" submitted November 3, 2011

Overall
Sound: Beginner guitar for me and it sounds great! I have friends with full size guitars that want to trade with me. I like the size for its portability, you can bring it with you and play it in the car. Quality: Very well made and looks great! Came with a very nice gig bag with the Martin logo sewn in.

"Little Martin?" submitted May 25, 2013

By Clay Strider in Orangeburg, SC
Musical Background: Regular performer
Music Style: Christian, rock , bluegrass
Overall: Shoot...there isn't much little about this guitar. I bought mine on a lark because I wanted a beater. I am a fan of ALL Martin guitars. I own a Road Series (made in Mexico) and love it for jams, recording and performance. I thought the little one would just get thrown in the spare room for nieces and nephews to bang on. Wrong...I use this guitar for everything that I'd use a full size acoustic. The tone really is amazing. Friends of mine own Baby Taylors and are impressed with the difference and superiority of this instrument. If you are a smaller person, a teen, a beginner or just want a guitar that is easier to take everywhere, get one! ok. "Features"? Not many really so 4 stars. Cool bag though. "Quality"? This little sucker is finely finished, perfect neck, stays in tune for days. "Manufacturer Support"? Just going on what I hear. I've never had to contact Martin for anything other than spec details. They were fast and pleasant. "Sound"? It is missing some low end but that is expected with a small instrument.

"SMALLER SIZE BUT CLASSIC MARTIN SOUND" submitted August 26, 2010

By a customer from juno.com
Music Style: 1960's Rock, Christian, Pop, Blues
Sound: Sound is full, rich and well balanced with a lot of projection, especially considering the size. The M550 strings suit it very well. Feature: I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 because it lacks fret markers. Not a huge deal but it would be nice to have them. The included Martin M550 strings are a real plus. Ease of Use: Extremely easy to get a great sound, the action is perfect. Feels like light rather than medium gauge strings. Quality: Fit and finish are great. Top quality construction from top to bottom. Very sturdy and the hpl body will withstand rough handling as well as heat/humidity. Value: Definitely worth the price, sounds like a full sized guitar. Manufacturer Support: Have had no problems so far, but Martin has been very prompt and helpful in answering questions. Overall: I expect to be happy with this guitar for a long time to come. It's light weight, compact and requires little maintenance or care. These things encourage me to play it often. The thing I like best about it is that it has that classic Martin tone quality.

Martin LXM Guitar Customer Review submitted November 27, 2008

Overall
Sound: it has a bright sound, but is still very full in its tone Feature: the gig bag is perfect for going on trips and protects the guitar well Quality: great quality instrument from a good brand. does not disappoint in any way Value: great value for an even better guitar. well worth the money! Overall: had it for 2 years and brought it along on many road trips. it has played well and held together well all the while

"Small guitars may not always be worth it" submitted January 3, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: Over 25 years - piano, accoustic guitar, elecric, native style flutes
Music Style: Blues, New age, folk, rock
Sound: Sound is brighter than reviews I had read before purchasing had indicated. It is also not as big as indicated - at least not to me. I also have a Taylor Big Baby, and there is no comparison. I was surprised by its size - smaller than I expected. My Taylors are easier to play. Haven't had for very long - so it may do more than I realize right now. Feature: Very solidly made. Much superior to Taylor Baby and Big Baby. Ease of Use: Had action lowered at local music store - they do it often for this model. The playability is better than it was. My Taylor's feel more playable. I bought this for my spouse and she seems to like it more than I do as a beginner guitar. Quality: High quality. Appears to be well made and that it will be durable. Come with a decently padded gig bag. Value: It's a Martin - but close in price to Taylor Baby. Yet, It is made more sturdily. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had this experience. The Wow Factor: Very comfortable body for small players. Travel ease. Overall: Probably would not replace it. Would look for a better sounding travel guitar - if possible to find. Need to get much more time with it to evaluate more fairly.

"Portable, Small and a Good Tone" submitted February 11, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Serious Home Player, Jam with friend's and do advanced lessons, write my own instrumantals.
Music Style: Jazz, Folk, Country and Blues, Fingerstyle and flatpick, and some Django Gypsy Jazz.,
Sound: I like the tone. It sold me at the store. Feature: Martin Gig Bag Is real Nice, easy to travel with and store on airplane cabin storage areas. Quality: Second Day of Ownership. No problems so far. Value: As far as I know. Manufacturer Support: Not Yet. The Wow Factor: My first Martin. Affordable and fun. A new addition to a growing collection. Young folk's may like this guitar also for it's quality, tone, and diminutive size. I wanted a "travel" guitar. My vintage guitars stay home and do not travel on airplanes.

"Ah, one minor issue" submitted September 6, 2013

By Rachel L in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Overall: I love this guitar. It's great for newer players that want a guitar they don't have to replace as they progress. It's perfectly sized for travel, but has a very nice sound. Mine came with a slight scratch despite being brand new which is annoying (not sure if that's the fault of manufacturer, zzounds, or delivery). Nevertheless I definitely recommend.

"Little Martin LXK2" submitted February 13, 2013

By Steve Butler in Bolton East, QC
Overall
Musical Background: 50 years at it and have been paid from time to time.
Music Style: Country,Rock and Blues
Overall: Very nice addition.Comfort, ease of use ,quality and good tone. Pick it up. Practice and watch T.V. in your favorite chair while sitting back with your feet up. Easy does it!

"Martin LXM Little Martin Acoustic Guitar" submitted February 29, 2012

By Colella L in West Orange, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: 48 years, Guitar, played in sleazy bars, still learning and jamming at home and with friends
Music Style: rock, southern rock, blues, and whatever people wanted to hear (that is, if it was in our cheat book)
Overall: Great guitar for practice but not to good for jamming or playing out. There are intonation problems with my particular guitar since I purchased it. It has a hole for a truss rod but no truss rod! So forget about adjusting the neck yourself. If you want to lower the action, you will have to file down the saddle (that little plastic thing on the bridge in front of the bridge pins). A pick guard would also have been nice for a better appearance evan though not needed because of the laminate top.

"It's Not The Size That Matters, It's What You Do With It." submitted July 19, 2006

Music Style: Folk, Country, Alternative, Rock
Sound: I agree with the prior reviews on the mellow, rich sound compared to Martin's backpacker and the Baby Taylor. Also a better bass sound than the Ibanez Daytripper. The difference in tone was immediately apparent in the store. My model is all plastic HPL, and while my Sigma d-3 sounds much fuller, I don't believe one can get a better travel axe than this one -- period. I wish I could have heard the sound difference (if any) of the LX model. Feature: Great Gig Bag!! Plus, although there's no pick guard, the HPL/all plastic made real sense for me because I'll have this thing on a boat, and near water all the time. Humidity would kill any other guitar. The size is great for taking on trips. Ease of Use: Excellent tone (and holds tune) all up the fret, with no distortion anywhere. Really easy action if used with the recommended strings. Quality: so far, so good. People knock this because it's plastic and made in Mexico. I've never seen inferior work from Mexico, and this product, while light, is beatiful and feels solid. The tone, while not loud, is beautiful and rich for a baby axe. Value: Besides the neat "pick up and go" compact features, it's going to be better for my kids to learn on than my full-size Sigma d-3. Manufacturer Support: Not needed yet. The Wow Factor: Can't beat it as a small, travel guitar that will take the humidity, temperature changes and won't cause people to laugh at you. Overall: I'd give it a 10, but I would trade it in for the model with the electric pick-up. Otherwise, I'd make the same choice all over again.
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"My first Plastic Guitar" submitted August 15, 2005

By a customer from twcny.rr.com
Musical Background: Actice Musican now Hobbyist
Music Style: All types
Sound: I bought this because of it's size and the Martin name. Let's face the facts: wood sounds like wood and plactic sounds like plastic. This guitar sounds like a plastic quitar because it is plactic. The sound seems tinny to me, but depends alot on the room you're in. You seem to lose alot of sound on the low end if you go to lighter strings. The highs are there, but one would expect that with plastic. Stick to medium strings for the overall sound. And I USE to own it..it's history... Feature: The best accessory here was the gig bag, which is outstanding. One whould think for the price Martin could have included fret markers considering they call it a "perfect student" guitar. I found my daughter trying to count the frets as she tried to play. Come on Martin they can't cost that much to include. Quality: Here's where it gets ugly... HPL means plastic. Any mention of wood in the discription is rather deceptive on Martins part. This is hard plastic plain and simple. There is no workmanship or craftmanship here that one thinks of when you here the name Martin. It's either injection mold or stamped out people. What even worse is Martin went so far as to put serial numbers on these plastic guitars. It is what it says ...a travel guitar. It would be hard to dent it. Great for camp outs and such... no worry about humidity or such. It'll last that's for sure... Martin needs to replace HPL with what it really is in it description and be honest about it... Value: I thought it was way over priced for what you get. You're paying mainly for the Martin name here. I guess it all depends on how you look at it. Looking at what it's made of... it's way over priced. How it really sounds... not worth the money. Buy a wood guitar...you'll be able to buy one and then replace it again for the same price as the LXM Martin. Manufacturer Support: Had to give this a mid point because I've never delt with them. The Wow Factor: I gave the LXM a higher rating here only because of the Martin name. I bought it because of the Martin name and being such expected craftsmanship and workmanship related to the Martin name.... neither which I got with the LXM because there's no need for either in the LXM. Overall: Uverall if you're looking for an over priced childs guitar then this is it. If you're looking for something that you'll really be satisfied with as far as the quality of the sound that you get then don't waste your money. I replaced this soon after I recieved it. The cost was way too much for what I got. But then again I expected a product that was made in the USA not Mexico. Had I known that it was made in Mexico I wouldn't have bought it... Sorry but it just seems like Martin looked for , and found, a use for it's scrap wood that it use to throw out... Will replace it with a wood guitar.

When you call, mention priority code 14YQ-3JXW. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976