When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-67WQ

Rating and Reviews: Mapex AR628SFB Shell Kit

Whether you're performing on stage or in the studio, this 6-piece birch/maple shell kit will produce well-rounded sounds with lightning-fast response.

"EXCELLENT!!" submitted September 27, 2014

By Carol W in Carmichael, CA
Musical Background: Playing drums for over 20 years, mostly at home
Music Style: rock, jazz
Overall: Ordered on a weekend and had them by Tuesday! Very nice set--well made, beautiful finish (I bought the blue) and impressive hardware! The sound is fantastic, easy to tune. I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of these drums--I just can't say enough. I highly recommend..

"Awsome Drums!!!" submitted September 18, 2014

By Jim L in New Smyrna Bch., FL
Musical Background: 30+ years
Music Style: Rock,pop, and country
Overall: To start with zZounds is fantastic. I ordered this kit on a Friday night and it was in my music room Wednesday Morning!!! Now to the drums, these are not what i am used to playing. I've always played big deep drums so for me tuning took a little getting used to,that being said once i adjusted to tuning a little higher these drums were extremely easy to tune!!! They sound awsome!!! The finish is flawless and absolutely stunning!!! I have been playing for over 30 years and must say these are some of the best sounding and playing drums i have used in this price range. They have great attack and sustain. I highly recommend these drums.

"Mapex Armory Studioease Transparent Black" submitted December 31, 2015

By John Peterson in Florence, OR
Musical Background: 40+ years behind a kit, Semi-Pro
Music Style: I play all genre's but am primarily in to R&B, Fusion and jazz
Overall: Ordered on a Friday, in the studio Wednesday night. Gorgeous kit, packed well, very nice finish. The black chrome looks great. I ordered black chrome stands too (Mars 600 series). The kit sounds excellent, I will however be putting on better heads, both batter and resonance sides. Big bang for the buck. The hybrid shells sound great. I also have a DW and a Gretsch kits in mable, the Mapex kit sounds just as good. The Mars 600 series boom stands hold the toms and cymbals well - those are a good value too. Buy this kit, you will not be sorry. Zzounds order was painless and again, the pay as you play option is great. This is my third order over 2K and I have had no problems with billing or shipments.

"Transparent Black Armory Studioease" submitted December 20, 2015

By John P in Florence, OR
Musical Background: 30+ years. Drums, keyboards & Marimba
Music Style: Jazz, fusion, rock, country...pretty much everything
Overall: This was my third purchase with zzounds, and as has been the norm the drum kit, stands and cymbal pak was delivered fast and in perfect condition.The drum kit is very well made and with great shell finish. Tuning was a breeze yet I will be putting different heads on the kit to really make it sound even better. I own several high end kits, and this kit is every bit as good. I bought this kit because of the hybrid shell composition and the sound that it delivers.

"This Kit is incredible!!!" submitted December 8, 2014

By Brian A in Hedgesville , WV
Musical Background: Playing for over 25 yrs. Professionally and for fun
Music Style: mostly play rock, hard rock, heavy metal
Overall: I needed another kit for my at home studio. Have 2 others already. One at my practice space and another for gigging. Decided to go with the Mapex Armory kit. For starters, Mapex takes great care in just packing the drums so they arrive safely!!! That being said, once I got these things set up and tuned, which was a breeze thanks to the new Sonic Clear bearing edges, it was off to the races!!! Even with the stock Remo UT heads (made in China, equivalent to Ambassadors) the drums still sound amazing!!! I imagine with better heads on these drums, they will really sing!!!! The toms sound warm and sing. The floor toms have a beautiful low end to them that floor toms should have! The bass boomy and punchy!!! Oh and let's not forget the Tomohawk Snare that comes standard!!! This thing cuts and has a great crack!!! You will definitely be heard!!! And it has a beautiful black nickel finish and has the same hardware as Mapex's higher end snares!!! All in all, I would highly recommend this kit for any level player, this thing kicks some major a$$ for just a little bit of cash!!! And zZounds customer service, shipping time, & pay as you play option is top notch!!! I don't shop anywhere else!!!!

"Mapex Drums" submitted January 8, 2015

By Henry H in Calumet City , IL
Musical Background: I actually play the rhythem guitar
Music Style: Blues and r&b
Overall: The Drums were very nice, and my drummer was just like a kid in the candy store. They are simply beautiful. The only thing that should have been clear about assembly is that before someone purchase them, have specific instructions about having a set of heavy duty stands to hold the 2 drums that need to be attached to the symbol stands. But, other than that, it's all good.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-67WQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976