When you call, mention priority code 16K2-LRBL
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Mackie TH12A Speaker

Fill the room with Mackie's TH12A 400-watt powered PA speakers, then tune your system and eliminate muddiness with the built-in 3-band EQ's sweepable mid.

"Great powered speaker" submitted April 10, 2011

By a customer from spokanefpc.org
Musical Background: Worship Director
Music Style: Pop-Rock, Roots
Sound: I'm using this as a floor monitor, and it projects well, without overloading the stage. . Feature: Good eq with a knob for choosing the mid freq (a bonus at this price point). I wish it had a built-in 1/4 jack, but you can get an adapter for a xlr cord. Built-in top carry handle is a nice touch. Ease of Use: No learning curve, plug, dial in the eq and play. Manufacturer Support: Don't know Overall: I will buy more.

"Mackie Thump 12-good deal for a great sound!" submitted March 24, 2011

Musical Background: pro musician
Music Style: country, classic rock
Sound: I bought two of these to use live for vocals only. They are powerful and clean. The adjustable crossover feature is great for small clubs and I really like the weight. No more packing 80 pound speakers around just to get a good sound. I have also used them as monitors and they are great floor monitors. Also, I have run all instruments through them for rehearsals and the Thump 12's easily carried the load. How ever, I would recommend the Thump 15's if you wanted to run the whole band through the mains, just to get the bass out there better. The Thump 12's have exactly that-THUMP! I intend to buy two more of these soon. Feature: I like the features, especially the crossover. It would be nice to have more inputs of different types. The Wow Factor: Looks good!
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Thumps are worth the price" submitted June 16, 2011

Musical Background: Concert host
Music Style: folk, rock, americana
Sound: The sound of the Thump is great for the price. I used it with the EQ flat and the overall sound was great for a folk singer concert. When I host a band I may decide to play with the EQ a little more. I'm using them for a medium size room with no more than 100 people. They perform very well in that environment Feature: The only thing I would add would be additional jacks. The only input and outputs are XLR, and that works fine, but I prefer to use 1/4 plugs for speakers or Speakon connectors, this unit doesn't have either. Ease of Use: Plug it up, it works, the EQ is straightforward too. Quality: The first one I got was dead on arrival. ZZounds was wonderful in handling the claim and getting me a replacement. The cabinets are well made and easy to lift over your head to put on stands. Value: For my venue they work great. I will upgrade to a better quality someday and use these for stage monitors. Manufacturer Support: I can't compliment zzounds enough for the way they handled my return of a defective unit. Great job guys
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great sounding speaker, budget minded" submitted August 3, 2014

By EMILE S in Oceanside, CA
Overall
Music Style: Electronic, country, soul, gospel 80's.
Overall: I really like this speaker. It sounds really good for the money, and because it's Mackie, I know I can rely on it to make anything put through it sound awesome. It's easy to set up, easy to connect. It's light weight so I don't have to strain my back to place it on the pole, and finally it looks good and sounds great.

"Awesome sound, great value" submitted April 9, 2014

By Emile Shlemon in Oceanside, CA
Overall
Music Style: 80's, electronic, dance club, speakers.
Overall: In terms of quality and value for what you pay for this, it's a great sounding speaker, with easy to use features, and professional looks. I especially like the 4 band eq, and thru connectors. What I appreciate most is the simplicity of the controls, and connections. When I get to the gig, I simply place it on the stand, connect the power, connect the XLR from my mixer to it, and i'm ready to rock ! I love that.

"Product bad, Warranty is Useless and Cust Service Terrible" submitted July 2, 2013

By Kevin Jordan in Miami, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Musician, twenty something years Very experienced soundman
Overall: I am very disappointed in this product and in the customer service/ warranty so far. We bought several Mackie Thumps (for our church floor monitors) which are 400w speakers and the coil went bad in one monitor. The warranty will not cover it because Service Center was told by Mackie that it was prob overdriven. These are floor monitors (that we lower volume intentionally to get a better sound mix out of house main's) that we use them for and they are supposed to be 400w- we have these set at the halfway point on the volume on back of speakers. They sound terrible anytime they are pushed past noon and get very distorted.... I have a 30w guitar amp I drive harder and louder. The Customer Service for Mackie is very bad because they push blame for defective products on customers. The warranty is (so far) useless and I really would like for them to stand behind their products and not push blame Please advise as this might be the very last purchase of any Mackie (or loud speaker) product that our church or organization make. On the other hand we bought QSC K12's for our mains and they are FANTASTIC speakers and I would definitely recommend them

When you call, mention priority code 16K2-LRBL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976