When you call, mention priority code 1609-Z78K

Rating and Reviews: Mackie SWA1501 Subwoofer

Extremely powerful. Compact cabinet. Level control.

Mackie SWA1501 Subwoofer Customer Review submitted January 28, 2008

Musical Background: Active musican, home recording engineering/production
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues. Roots
Sound: It puts out a lot of bass for its size. It sounds fantastic. Feature: Has a good feature set. You can run through the speaker and take output that have the lows filtered out or take the full-range signal. I have found that the filtered signal is missing too much of the low spectrum if you are sending it to SRM450. Probably because its a passive filter as opposed to a crossover (I'm not sure) Ease of Use: Its pretty easy to use. You can tell when a signal is getting to the subwoofer by seeing a green LED. Once it gets a signal you are pretty much done. Quality: The construction of the cabinet is great. However, my unit failed after 3.5 months of using it 7-8 times per month. I spoke with a club owner who uses his 8-10 times a month and he has had several subwoofers fail also. My failure was in the amplifier unit. I'm still waiting to get it back, its been two weeks so far. I am the only one that moves the cabinet, so I am confident that it hasn't been mishandled or dropped. We also don't drive it that hard. Value: This is an expensive piece of equipment. So I would expect it to be well engineered and manufactured. While it preformed beautifully for the first 25 times I used it. I expect greater longevity for a $1,000 piece of equipment. Manufacturer Support: I tried calling them directly and they asked me to take it apart to check and see if the speaker was seized. I was a bit surprised, I didn't want to take the thing apart and risk voiding the warranty. I figured they would provide shipping to get it out to a warranty shop. They wanted me to pay for shipping (or drive it myself) 2.5 hours. Instead I took it back to where I bought it. They diagnosed the problem and are waiting for the replacement part (the amplifier unit) from Mackie. I have dealt with them on a smaller piece of equipment and they did a swap. I am a bit disappointed on this one, but its a much heavier piece of equipment and would cost a fortune to ship. The Wow Factor: This is a very sexy piece of equipment and when used properly gives us a "pro" sound. Several musicians who have seen us play are considering adding a sub woofer to their system. Overall: I will continue to stick with this product because I believe in Mackie and I think its a good product that may have a flaw. I am hoping that they get it sorted out, or that I received and faulty amplification unit.
33 of 34 people (97.06%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"GREAT SUBS" submitted December 19, 2004

Musical Background: run sound
Sound: sound awesome shakes the walls!! Feature: great features Quality: sounds great looks great and puts out more than enough bass when needed. Value: definetly worth the cost doesn't take up to much room but still puts out great bass. Manufacturer Support: one main speaker was making a craking noise when we got it mackie took it back and replaced free of cost with a new one havn't had any trouble since. The Wow Factor: LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!! Overall: i will be satisfied with this sub for a long time sub has a protection circut in cas the music gets to loud i've had it at 116db subs still didn't cut and sounded clear!
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"SWA 1501 Subwoofer... not all it's claimed to be by the 'Mackie Clan'" submitted March 28, 2008

Musical Background: Band Leader / Music Contractor / Recording Engineer
Music Style: R&B, Rock, Reggae, Jazz
Sound: I have used this product for a little over a year now. I A-B'd this speaker with JBL, QSC and a couple of other competitors at my local Guitar Center. The Mackie had a tighter sound and seemed to have more presence. But, I've had problems using this speaker on the gig as 'live-band' reinforcement. I've blown through 2 of them already. Maybe it's how much I'm pushing them but I don't believe so. I've been running sound many years and I'm also using 'acucurve' limiter on the subs just in case... The SWA 1501 sounds great when it's working. Manufacturer Support: Mackie has no authorized warranty repair in Orange County Califonia. That's just not cool! I had to find out the hard way that when my speaker quit instead of just taking it back to Guitar Center or using OC Speaker... I had to send the product back to Loud Technologies in Seattle Washington! The Wow Factor: Great, small, can be handled by one person in transporting. Overall: It gets a 7 only because it wasn't totally reliable with my PA set-up.

"Really nice sub." submitted July 7, 2004

By a customer from multimon.com
Music Style: jazz / r&b
Sound: It is deeper than some other subs. It can really put out too. It has a nice mellow sound and it can really thump. I did a outdoor gig and it was killin em. Feature: It has only XLR I/O. Quality: A really, really nice sub. Value: Maybe a little expensive, but worth it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed em. The Wow Factor: I bought it and I'm very happy with it. Overall: This is a really nice sub.

Mackie SWA1501 Subwoofer Customer Review submitted November 18, 2003

Overall
Sound: If your running two subs in stereo mode, it could sound a little muddy, howevere when you run then in Mono, they sound great. Feature: The high pass built in crossover comes in handy, howevere In future models, I would include the popular feature to be able to power a high frequency speaker as well.

"Beware... Either run product at a third of the gain... or re-cone speakers often" submitted November 4, 2008

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: Top 40 and House
Sound: Sounds really good... I have 2 1501's and 2 eon's... perfect for medium crowds and can handle a large one if needed. Feature: I like how it's simple to use... but the thremal function doesn't work untill it's to late. Ease of Use: plug and go... Quality: If you are lucky enough to find one of the older models you will be more then happy. If you purchase one built in the last 3 years beware. I've had to recone 3 speakers now due to thermal over load and voice coils burning out. The heat sink on the older one was noticably cooler (gain was 75%) then new one (only 50%!!). New ones are too fragile. I even rented one while cones were being repaired on mine and thermaled that one in 2 hours on a 50% load (manufacture date was 11/06) Value: alot of money for a big paper weight... once it over heats they are worthless unless you spend $150 to recone the speaker... Manufacturer Support: no experience with them The Wow Factor: I do admit the product is a really nice looking unit... but not worth the headaches... If mackie would stop pinching pennies and went back to their old ways the product would be great. Overall: Older made models are great! New ones... run away from! Mackie please get back to making quality and not this junk... you're wrecking your rep.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"What can i say. mine survived a flood. complete water imersion for 3 hours. works fine without service need... FaNtAsTiC" submitted November 28, 2006

Musical Background: Audio Technician
Music Style: House and dance music in general
Sound: Really nice and powerfull Feature: maybe it could have some tune up knob for frequency limiting... Ease of Use: Just plug and listen... Quality: What can i say. mine survived a flood. complete water imersion for 3 hours. works fine without service need... FaNtAsTiC Value: Could be cheaper like everything else Manufacturer Support: Never needed The Wow Factor: Yes you shoul want one or two :) Overall: What can i say. mine survived a flood. complete water imersion for 3 hours. works fine without service need... FaNtAsTiC

"No love for the SWA 1501 or Mackie products" submitted August 18, 2008

Overall
Sound: The SWA 1501 sound great and you can feel the bass from a small cabinet when the amp does not burn out. Feature: I love the 100Hz built in crossover. Small compact unit and light weight for one person to move around. Ease of Use: A simple plug-in, but you have to keep an eye on it so it does not overheat the amp which leads burn out amp & driver. Quality: The SWA 1501 DOES NOT lives up to there name of Mackies. I own two 1400 amps; 6 450s & a pair 350s by Mackie. Have them for over 5 yrs and had only two problems with them. Most spent on a repair $385. The SWA 1501 I had for less than a year with a month left on the warranty. They spent most of there time at the repair shop. I only use them 4 times and each use the amp & driver would burn out within hours of use. Value: SWA 1501 would be a bang for your buck if the amp & driver does not go up in smoke. Manufacturer Support: I still have a month left on the warranty but Mackie refuse to repair the SWA 1501. They claim that they have satisfied my warranty. The Wow Factor: SWA 1501 is NOT worth it. I would NOT give SWA 1501 to my ex-wife or this I can use to piss her off. It sure did for me. Overall: SWA 1501 would be an awesome sub if the amp did not over heat. I love Mackie products but the SWA 1501 made change my mind about there products and there customer service.

When you call, mention priority code 1609-Z78K. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976