When you call, mention priority code 1435-XRVC

Rating and Reviews: Mackie SRM450v2 Speaker

Bring studio-quality sound to any venue with Mackie's flagship powered PA speaker. The super-efficient 2-way bi-amplified system delivers 400 watts.

Overall

"Honest, and versatile piece of gear. People who have taken the time to write these reviews have really helped me out; I hope my" submitted May 24, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Jazz and Contemporary Christian
Sound: I would characterize the sound of this unit as clean, potent and honest. The quality of the sound is great; it informs my playing and singing; it honestly sends to my ear what I gave it, (for better and admittedly worse sometimes). It suits me and my style fine. I doubt I'll ever use it with just a mic., I use it with a Mackie CFX-12, and like it; so much that I ordered the second one. I play, sing, record and play back through this speaker, and I dig it. The prompt question asks to suggest tips to make this product sound better. To my ears it sounds like this product very slightly exaggerates frequencies at 4k and 8k as I very slightly drop these two frequencies on my eq. to eliminate idol noise. Nevertheless, I still feel the product is exceptionally honest as it reproduces sounds. Feature: I cannot really fault Mackie here for not supplying the exact lengths of XLR cable for all of my different applications of this product. I personally think it is good that the features on the back only include volume, and auto power off, the low cut and contour buttons are useless for my applications as my mixer does that. In that everyone likes a deal, included speaker stands would be a decent extra with this product. Ease of Use: My father picked this unit up for me and dropped it off at my place; he plugged in his Stratocaster, I plugged in my Bongo-5 and it sounded great. We turned it up, and it sounded even greater. My experience with Mackie manuals is that they are well written, clear, and advise about common errors in use. I find that when I follow their instructions I like their products. Quality: I like the look of this black speaker. It seems solid, the handles and general shape of this essentially plastic unit are beefy in the substantial sense of seeming solid. For the weight of the unit the handles are smartly placed so that the speaker is not unduly awkward to carry. I am a bassist, and have handled my share of ridiculous cabinets. Value: Personally, this price range seems reasonable for the quality of this product, (it is, at the very least: two amps, two speakers, and an engineered cabinet). I have tried other speaker cabinets and chose the SRM450v2 as I like their sound better than the Berhinger, Peavey, and JBL counterparts. Manufacturer Support: Yes, I have dealt with the company; their products keep working well, and so I keep finding myself buying more of their products. The Wow Factor: Well, try to remember that this is a speaker cabinet. It does happen to fit my applications very well; it works as: a monitor at church, a practice PA, a monitor in a big band, a monitor in small combos, a PA in larger combos and a play back monitor after recording, (mastering tracks). So, it is practical, versatile, performs well and looks nice; but I am uneasy calling it sexy. Although the blue LED is pretty excellent. Overall: This speaker cabinet convinced me that the second one to complete an adequate PA was ideal. I suspect I will try subs with my rig some day, but for my applications this rig is ideal for the foreseeable future.

"Awesome Buy" submitted September 30, 2009

Music Style: blues, rock, pop
Sound: I lined them up side by side with QSD K12. No contest, Mackie wins. At flat mixer settings (Mackie CFX12) and at Unity level on the speakers, K12 don't even come close to Makie's. The sound on Mackie's is Full and rich and o K12 it is flat and low. Makies are agreat buy. Feature: Simple Ease of Use: Plug-and-play Quality: No Issues and I won several makie products, Value: Not much in the market that you can get with this sound quality for this much, Manufacturer Support: Had no reason to use them The Wow Factor: Not the best looking and design, I am not crazy about the blue color and the handle is not the most the comfortable. The sound quality makes up for it. Overall: Get it, you'll be happy.

"all i can say is WOW!" submitted February 16, 2008

By a customer from miamidjs4u.com
Musical Background: MiamiDJs4u.com
Music Style: Everything!
Sound: Oh my! I could not believe how clear these babies sound when I play EVERY style of music through them (no matter what volume). These sound a lot clearer than the original SRM450 and are noticeably lighter (big plus). I pushed them hard for over 4 hours when I first got them in and there was barely any heat coming from the amp on the back (room temperature was about 78 degrees). I have not seen the peak light turn on no matter how loud I put them and the sound is AMAZING! I recommend a subwoofer to fill in the bass but even alone they hit hard as low as 55hz. Feature: I was hesitant to buy these because of the blue color and the price but honestly I needed to stop carrying my amp rack and heavy passive speakers. The dark blue can only be noticed in daylight but they look great, at night they blend in and look like black speakers. Ease of Use: Just plug a signal and power cord and you are good to go! No need for crossovers or ANY equalizer, it is all built in! Quality: So far they are solid, i have experience with the old SRM450 and the actual enclosure is the same, just a different color. Why re-invent the wheel when you know you have an amazing product! They only changed what they needed to change. Value: The price is not too bad but i feel they are worth it! Manufacturer Support: I have not had any problems yet and i hope that stays that way. The Wow Factor: If you want to receive compliments from your audience and lighten your carrying load when traveling, these are the perfect speakers for you! Overall: I am very satisfied with my purchase and will most likely buy another pair in the future. If you have any thoughts or questions about the new Mackie SRM450v2, just ask me!
121 of 130 people (93.08%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"From Puberty (Peavey) to Manhood (Mackie) " submitted February 5, 2013

By DJ Sizzl3 in Montgomery, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Been Deejaying for 7 Years Professionally...Off And On For 15 Years
Music Style: R&B, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Dance, Crunk,
Overall: I fought with some Peavey 15's for almost 3 years before i REALLY Opened my eyes. The Peavey's i had had kept blowing the tweeters because they couldnt take the pressure...Mind You; i went through 2 Sets. I got a set of these Mackies and i couldnt even turn them up all the way. The Speakers were halfway pumped and my mixer was the the same and the sound was loud and clear enough to fill a gymnasium. Now in " My Opinion" they could have been a liitte cheaper but it goes back to you get what you pay for....NO Doubt. Now I have a Peavey Sub thats perfect with them; so i wont count them out al lthe way..lol.. But as far as Clean Crisp Quality Sound.....Quit Playing and Get A Set...YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!!

"Definitely the best in it's price/power range!" submitted January 11, 2011

By a customer from alumni.usc.edu
Musical Background: Band Director
Music Style: Classic
Sound: I tested several brands/models in this price/power range. This is definitely the best of it's class. For deep bass, I am using a SRM1801 sub-woofer but enven without sub-woofer the low notes are clear and lively. Feature: The timed auto-power off is a nice feature. Quality: The product is light-wight and very strong. I also own a pair of SRM350V2 and once I dropped then from a 2nd level stairs. It rolled down 20ft but there was absolutely no damage. It appears that SRM450V2 are made of similar strength.

"Review of the Mackie SRM450v2" submitted October 22, 2012

By JJ Michaels in Phoenix, AZ
Musical Background: Been a DJ for 30 years
Music Style: All types
Overall: This is the second Mackie SRM480v2speaker I have bought (and my fourth overall.) I love the Mackie SRM450 (since I own 4 of them.) The v2 version provides the same great sound as my older SRM450s but weigh less which is important at the end of a long night. I've NEVER had a problem with them (old or new version) shutting down because they got too hot or I pushed them too hard. Durable and built too last.

"Great little speaker for the money" submitted September 10, 2013

By Cary M in Shawnee, KS
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: Rock,Hip-hop,House, Top 40
Overall: I've had this set of SRM450v2's now for about two months. I have played on them every weekend. Not one issue. I've heard some people talk about a buzz/hiss from the speakers. I run each speaker on it's own power cord and have not heard a buzz yet. They are also LOUD. I have not pushed them as far as they can go yet because it hurts my ears before they get there! Only real issue that I have from them is the lack of bass. Do they have bass? Yes. But far from that thumping bass we all want.

"great for moble dj's ..............LOUD...AND...LEIGHT WEIGHT" submitted April 7, 2009

Musical Background: DJ ENTERTAINMENT
Music Style: ALL
Sound: great sound crystal clear Feature: they come with pegs & a power cord Ease of Use: easy as 1.2.3 Quality: owned a pair just under 1 year and no clipping yet they are solid Value: yes worth it The Wow Factor: they are very classy looking Overall: i been looking to buy a second set of speakers WITH THE INCREDIBLE PRICE DROP OF THESRM 450 V2'S I PROUD TO OWN 4 NOW
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A perfect union of quality and price" submitted May 30, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Professional MC/DJ-Performing Musician-Studio Musician-Recording Engineer
Music Style: All styles, Classically trained pianist, Prefer Jazz
Sound: Clear and present in all situations. I use them for DJ work, live performances and studio mains. I just did an outdoor event in a 5 acre field using three SRM 450's. You could hear everything clearly from all points. I have been using these speakers now for 9 years and they still amaze me to this day. Feature: Timed turn on off is excellent. They will shut themselves off after a few minutes when they have no signal, and turn themselves back on when the signal returns. Ease of Use: Plug and play, no manual but you don't really need one. There is no learning curve, everything is self explanatory. Quality: I have a set of original Made in Woodinville WA, Mackies Version 1. There are a few cosmetic differences but the quality of construction is the same as ever. Value: Totally worth the price for the excellent quality you get. Consider that you are purchasing an amp, a high quality crossover and a speaker all in one package. Then go out and price those same components separately and see if you can match the sound quality you get with this speaker. You won't be able to do it for the same price that one of these cost. They sit right in the middle of that fine line between quality and price. Manufacturer Support: Mackie has an authorized service repair center near me. They have been excellent to work with. I had an annoying buzz in one of my woofers once, they replaced the woofer in one day under warranty and I was back in business. Working directly with Mackie however can be a frustrating and time consuming experience. The Wow Factor: I have the originals, the v.2 Blueberry and now the black and I like the black versions the best. They look tough and well built. They scream quality at a glance, and I get many compliments on how good they sound from my DJ clients. Overall: I stay up on all the latest tech in speakers. I have extensively studied the competition and it's going to take a major leap in speaker technology to make me consider another speaker. Even in the Mackie line, I consider the SRM 450 the ultimate package. This speaker sits right in the sweet spot that all manufacturers look for. For my money this is the best speaker value available today. A perfect union of quality and price.

"Amp for the Tweeter sucks. 0-2 so far." submitted July 9, 2009

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: Top 40
Quality: Have had two of these for four months and the amp for the tweeter blew on both without pushing them. Very disappointed. Manufacturer Support: They now send you to a local store that estimates 2-3 weeks. Instead of sending you one to use.
17 of 19 people (89.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Mackie SRM 450V2s" submitted September 19, 2012

By Marcus Smith in Cleveland, OH
Musical Background: 17 year wedding professional
Music Style: Classic Rock, Classical, Hip Hop, Country, Modern Rock , Alternative, Mainstream, & whatever else anyone requests.
Overall: This set was purchased after owning a set or SRM 450s already. The V2s are about 14 lbs. lighter, but don't sound quite as my broken in 1st series yet. They sound good nevertheless and I still love the coverage I get out of them. They currently only run mids and highs because they run with 2 SWA 1801 Mackie subs.

"Great Buy" submitted September 27, 2009

By a customer from pacbell.net
Music Style: blues, pop
Sound: Very Clean and powerfull. Beats the QSC K12 hands down. Feature: A built-in EQ could have been a nice feature Ease of Use: Simple. Plug and play Quality: No Issue so far Value: Could be $50 cheaper to feel really good about this buy Manufacturer Support: Have not used it The Wow Factor: I will buy another pair Overall: The only reason I did not give it a 10 is because they are a bit heavy and the handle is not an ideal design

"Overall, this is a good speaker. But, it could be better. The sound quality is overall very good and they make excellent tops. N" submitted July 22, 2010

Musical Background: Professional DJ
Music Style: Hip-Hop and Rap
Sound: could be better with the low end sound Feature: Could have rca plug ins. But, it's still has a lot of good features Quality: They really need to bring production back to the US. I'd rather pay a little more and have a quality product then a lesser quality speaker from China. There seems to be a lack of quality control with regards to Mackie products. I bought 2 speakers. But, 1 starts to distort at a lesser volume then the other and twice as bad Value: Not bad, a little expensive though still. But, like i said earlier. I'd pay more if the quality control was a little better Manufacturer Support: Not Sure. Havent had to use them yet The Wow Factor: I do like the look of it and the handles as well as the relatively ligth weight

"im in love" submitted January 12, 2011

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: everything
Sound: ok my reason for buying these may differ from most...im useing these with my ipod, computer as my primary source of music in my "man cave"..i have a marantz 2250 receiver that ive had for years...i can tell you there gone now..sold all my vintage receivers in favor of this setup...all i can say is..WOW WOW WOW...i knew i made the right choice, when i started out with some 2pac...more rap..than switching up to pink floyd..sounds like your at a live show everytime...so clear, clean and crisp sounding, bass is just perfect, the vocals are so defined...very happy..as a matter of fact writing this im listening to these...never heard anything like it Ease of Use: plug and play..cant get any easier Quality: built like a tank..weighing 40 lbs...are you kidding me..how is this possible Value: zzsounds.com...your company is the best...dont know how you do it...but love this company Manufacturer Support: none needed...1st day with my new toy The Wow Factor: shes a beaut!!! Overall: love it love it!!!

"These speakers are disappointing" submitted December 17, 2010

Musical Background: sound tech
Sound: These speakers have an inherent noise output that is annoying in low volume applications and monitor use. The Hi-mid section and low-hi section tends to be very harsh sounding. I ended up selling mine at a loss and getting QSC K10 which are vastly superior. Feature: All the DSP features are good on these speakers with ample power. Ease of Use: Light weight and easy to use Quality: They are sturdy. Value: Spend a little more and get QSC K10 or K12 speakers. Manufacturer Support: Although Mackie has been great with my other products they didn't even respond when I asked for help with the inherent noise output. Overall: I sold mine because they weren't good enough.

When you call, mention priority code 1435-XRVC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976