When you call, mention priority code 14X6-CKVC

Rating and Reviews: Mackie SRM1801 Subwoofer

The perfect match for your Mackie SRM full-range PA speakers, this super-efficient 18" subwoofer extends your system's low end with 1000 watts peak power.

"Light and Powerful" submitted August 26, 2010

Music Style: Christian Music
Sound: Worth the price, I bought it for my church Great lows! Feature: Light and Powerful Ease of Use: Great Sounds Quality: Well built Value: Great price for 1000w Manufacturer Support: Never Had to call mackie, I have 6 mackies PA speakers for more than 6 years.... never had a problem
36 of 38 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"SRM1801's" submitted January 10, 2013

By Jerry C in St. Petersburg, FL
Overall
Musical Background: bands, dj sound support, ect....
Music Style: all
Overall: I bought a pair of these used and saved about $300 from what I would have paid new. Mistake. I used them for 3 shows and had to replace the power supply on one of them, and there went my $300 savings and now I have no warentee. When they work, they do the job really good. Unfortunatly, they do not hold up as well as the older mackies did. I used the powered 808 mixers and almost never had problems for 10 years or more. The SRM 450's and the old 1501's, same deal. The were almost never in for repair. The guy at the repair center says now, the new srm mackies are breaking down a lot. I just got pair of HD1521's and it seems like the HD edition of the new mackies is where they are trying to land them as the industry standards. I am thinking about selling these subs, and trying the HD1801's. The reviews seem better and at least I will have a warentee. They are good speakers when they work, but consider buying them used.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"2nd one worked" submitted November 1, 2012

By Ronald T in Loganville, GA
Overall
Music Style: Jazz, hip hop, old school and any other genre whereas i like the song
Overall: The first srm 1801 (B stock) did not work right out of the box. I had to send it back to zZounds free of charge and boy was it heavy. I ordered a new one as I did not want to take a chance on another B stock and the unit worked as advertised. Good strong bass in an attractive package. Goes well with my Mackie TH15 's.

"Big Boom Box at a reasonable price" submitted October 11, 2011

Music Style: Alternative
Sound: Sounds Great. I have 2 Peavy Speakers and Mackie Sub just added a different dimension of sound. Feature: I just wish that the manufacturers make a smaller, lighter and powerful sub. It's a little heavy for me to carry considering my weight and age. Ease of Use: Smooth and clear. Manual does not have enough information. You need to go online to learn more. Quality: High quality. Durable and well built. Cute design Value: Reasonable for the quality and features. Manufacturer Support: Customer Rep is friendly and no pressure sale. Just got the product and no problem so far. The Wow Factor: Great design. Overall: If I found a smaller, lighter and powerful sub, I will be in the market for it.

"Wow I must say Best Sub in my Arsenal" submitted January 19, 2012

By Eric K in Baltimore, MD
Musical Background: Professional Mobile DJ 16 yrs
Music Style: All genres
Overall: Hooked it up to test after receiving it in a day and a half (super fast shipping and process time) I hope I didn't rattle any floor joist loose in my house. Deep crisp bass and just extreme quality in power, build, and size/weight. Will be getting three more Mackie is the way to go. Excellent Service and Product, Pay as you play allows you to make payments anytime, no other company does this...

"SRM1801" submitted September 9, 2012

By R P
Musical Background: 20+ yrs
Music Style: All
Sound: Does what a sub should do, goes boom, ha. No need to go beyond unity. For small DJ setup, one of these is fine. For bands/shows, I would really suggest having 2. Feature: Onboard crossover saves time and gear, but wish it were adjustable vs the 125hz fixed point. An onboard HP filter would be nice too, but adding more features take away from the simplicity. Ease of Use: Simple to use, plug and play Quality: Build seems solid. The gain knob sticks out just slightly beyond the outside of the cabinet, could be vulnerable. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had the need yet. The Wow Factor: Looks nice. Overall: Overall its a decent sub. Haven't had an issue yet. While the remainder of the review points out cons, I will still buy another or more.

"One of the top subs out there" submitted May 15, 2012

By Justin L
Musical Background: Professional DJ
Music Style: A little bit of everything
Overall: I currently purchased a mackie srm1801 from zzsounds. I used to deal with guitar center but not anymore. I have 2 mackie thump15's and 2 mackie thump12's. I purchased another srm1801 from guitar center. When I set up this system it will compete with any other system out there. I don't know why people are always downing mackie. The speakers and subs sound incredible. Deep bass and crisp sound. I would recommend this product to anyone.

"Plan in advance!" submitted September 26, 2011

Musical Background: DJ / Owner. Weddings & Clubs
Music Style: Top 40 - Country - House, whatever moves the floor
Sound: I was excited to have my bookend subwoofer (have another one already from a previous purchase) I plugged it in. No sound, no bass, the high pass to my 450 worked. Fortunately I had my other sub there, however it was no more than an expensive decoration. The only reason it got a 3 was that my other worked great. Quality: the one in question, it has no sound. Can't be quality if it doesn't work. This is now the 2nd time I've had an issue. First time i was send a blemished unit, when purchasing a new unit. Value: My experiences now have taught me to make sure I hear it in store before ordering. No more online ordering of speakers for this guy. Manufacturer Support: During this drawn out situation in trying to get what I paid for, I'm now making multiple runs to UPS to ship back. Now instead of sending me a return slip, Zzounds support is dragging their feet. I've now had to deal with not 1, but 2 groups of people that had purchased an extra sound package from me. The Wow Factor: i like it a lot when it works. Overall: Don't get me wrong, I love my other 1801, however I'm not confident anymore with all the snafu's in getting my 2nd one that an online retailier is the right choice in getting equipment this big.

"Mackie SRM1801" submitted October 12, 2010

Musical Background: Mobile DJ
Music Style: Everything
Overall: I am a mobile DJ doing about 150 events a year. Mostly weddings. I was a big Mackie fan. I have 4 SRM450's (using only 2 at a time), 3 Mackie mixers and was using a Mackie SRS1500 sub for the past 10 years with no problems. I saw that Mackie came out with the SRM1801 sub with an 18 instead of a 15. It was also made to compliment the SRM450's. Hmmmm, sounds like a home run! I figured why not go with the new technology... it's gotta be better, right? --- Wrong! After 3 jobs, it just stopped working. I brought it into the 4th job to find out it was dead. Like I said, I used the SRS1500 sub (Mackies first) for 10 years with no problems and this "new" one craps out after 3 jobs. My other Mackies were made in Italy. The new stuff is made elsewhere and the company is a shell of what it used to be. I am returning the Mackie Sub and getting a JBL PRX600S. My love affair with Mackie is over!
21 of 37 people (56.76%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Horrible and "warranty" not honored" submitted April 7, 2014

By Terrence Mims in Milwaukee, WI
Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years as a DJ and musician.
Music Style: Hip-hop, r&b, top 40, pop, blues, ect.
Overall: I am a former Pro Audio Salesman.....LOVED Mackie! Why LOVED" you ask....srm1801's! Thats why! Thought they would be a perfect compliment to my srm450's. No such luck. In the middle of a gig, and poof. No sound. Called Mackie and took it to their repair man. Told it was MY fault! Now, I dont profess to know everything about pro audio, sound waves, and everything else.....but I have only been a DJ almost 30 years, used to travel for MARS Music to set up pro audio, DJ, and keyboard rooms.....SO, I might know how to at least hook up powered subs(specially since I have multiple other systems). ANYWAY, two events later.....poof, no sound on the other one. This is after using EXACTLY the way THE TECH on the phone told me to. Their repair tech(as well as SEVERAL salesmen) said they have several problems with mackie not covering these problems. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

When you call, mention priority code 14X6-CKVC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976