When you call, mention priority code 157K-K7HG

Rating and Reviews: Mackie SRM150 PA System

Versatile and mic stand-mountable, this Mackie PA system brings together a 3-channel mixer and active loudspeaker in one compact enclosure.

Overall

"Best Mackie quality does it again! An outstanding product for the money!" submitted October 15, 2008

Musical Background: Active musician, weekend single act
Music Style: 80's, Eagles, acoustic style light jazz
Sound: I was quite surprised when I heard this small unit. The only thing that would have made it sweeter is if it had a built in effects unit. The sound was studio-quality clear, very nice bottom end and clear mids and highs. I used this for a single act at a party of 50 and I was asked to turn down! I pumped backing tracks, vocals, and an acoustic through this little guy Feature: Few controls but they're effective. I really loved the sound, sorry I returned it. Now I have to order another one! Ease of Use: The controls are perfectly set for performance and clarity. Not too many buttons and levels to screw up! Quality: THE BEST QUALITY! Couldn't believe how well made it is. Value: Would have been nicer if this was 100 less, or at least had a digial effects unit in it. Manufacturer Support: Mackie. Nuff said. The Wow Factor: I returned this and now I wish I kept it. Now I have to go buy it again! Overall: This guy is rock solid and will last. Buy one won't be disappointed.
47 of 49 people (95.92%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"AMAZING SMALL PA. EXCELLENT SOUND" submitted October 26, 2008

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Active
Music Style: Blues
Sound: I think the sound quality is very good. Amazing for such a small speaker. It reproduces exactly what you put into it. It is completely dry of any effects. I purchased a Behringer 1002FX small mixer with effects with it. Together it is a winning package. Here is how I have used it so far. With a small acoustic blues trio. Two guitars and one harmonica and vocals. I placed a studio type condenser mic in front of us to pick up all of us at once. I also used it solo the same whereas I play an acoustic guitar and vocals. It is quite impressive. You almost wonder if its picking up anything at all it is so transparent. Next time I ran just vocal mics through it and used amps for the guitars etc. I was outside of the room while one person was singing and was amazed how nice it sounded and loud. Again get an inexpensive small mixer that has effects. With the combination I got there is no hiss or noise. It is dead quiet. I placed the unit on a tripod stand without the boom of course. It will feed back as anything will depending on where you place it. I will try placing it on a chair in the corner next time also. Have to say I am really impressed with this unit overall. Feature: It has enough features for what it is. If you want effects get a small mixer that has effects to go with it. The nice thing about that is you can set the mixer near you and control the amount of effects and volumes easily and make adjustments for each song and person on the fly. Ease of Use: Plug it in and go. Quality: I read here some were not happy with it. I hope I don't have any issues with it. I love it. Value: I have had the Roland Street Cube. Mobile Cube. Both are nice if you don't have electricity. But this thing is a real sound system. Overall: I have had a few PA systems. Large, medium and smaller. Any more I am into small and light weight. But my interest is solo to small acoustic combos. More interested in sound quality than blowing the place away with volume.
35 of 37 people (94.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Too many reliability and design issues" submitted December 12, 2011

By a customer from shaw.ca
Overall
Musical Background: Professional guitarist for 40+ years.
Music Style: R & B, rock, celtic, blues
Sound: I found the sound of this unit to be very good and very adjustable frequency wise. When it was working properly I never had a problem getting good volume and tone from it, regardless of the venue. I never ran out of headroom to get it loud enough although the stage volume of the band I play in is not overly loud - even though it's and 8 piece band with a horn section. Feature: I used this on stage strictly as my own 'more me' vocal monitor. In that respect the best feature was the ability to control the volume and EQ of it's speaker output. At home I plugged in my Fender Strat and used it as a convenient home amp to learn parts from recordings. Didn't have to adjust anything - plug and play. Not a good 'guitar' sounding amp but not what I bought it for so worked fine for me. Ease of Use: Very easy to use - volume 'trim' controls output to PA, master volume controls output to it's speaker (you), 3 tone controls for EQ'ing. Doesn't get easier. Additional buttons for mic/line level, phantom power (if required) and instrument/mic. Quality: This is where the product doesn't cut it. The small boom adaptor that comes with the product and is meant for attaching a mic stand boom to is woefully inadequate. The first time I used it I almost stripped the threads. From then on I was ultra careful fastening the boom stand to it and after a short amount of use the base that the boom adaptor screws into came loose and started to strip the internal 'locking' mechanism. I use a pair of vise grips and a towel to tighten and loosen the unit to get it to stay properly on my mic stand boom and still both thumbscrew nuts are now stripped. Worst of all 1 channel stopped working after about 4 months and now the 2nd channel has become intermittant!! This is not at all what I expected from Mackie and I will be returning the unit. Value: Not worth it for the faults mentioned under Quality. Manufacturer Support: Have not yet contacted support The Wow Factor: When it was working it was the best thing since sliced bread and I raved about it to everyone. That was before the other issues cropped up. If they fixed the boom attachment and the reliability issues I would definitely want it again. Overall: Although I could live with the poor design of the boom adaptor ( I could rig something up to work better), the fact it failed electronically after a few months is not acceptable.

"A potentially great product that is poorly put together with no quality control." submitted June 12, 2009

Musical Background: Musician for almost fouty years
Music Style: pop/rock
Sound: The sound on the unit is really very good, especially considering the size. I have two of them and use them as a stereo pair for my keyboards. The bass gets a tad muddy if you push it but the sound is good overall. Feature: Very nice features. Considering its size, it has three band EQ plus phantom power and even a fuse and various ways to sculpt sound. Ease of Use: Very, very easy to use. Quality: I have seldom had such problems with anything I have bought new. On the first, the speaker was not soldered properly and I had to wait for the warranty repair as it made no sound. Just yesterday, the power light stopped working on the new one I bought. For this reason, I would hardly recommend the units. Value: If it was manufactured with satisfactory components, it would be well worth it. I think that either the quality control team is drunk, stoned or just out of it completely. Manufacturer Support: The two weeks I waited for the first to be fixed makes me dread bringing in this new one. The Wow Factor: Who wants units that break this easily and this quickly. Kind of pathetic.

"Small box, big sound, ultra portable." submitted October 14, 2007

Music Style: Jazz
Sound: Don't let it's size fool you. This box puts out the power and is perfectly suited to a small to medium size room. Mid to high range instruments are best with it's 5" driver. Feature: The SRM150 has no built-in effects which I beleive is to be expected in a device of this type. To solve this problem, I attached a PicoVerb. Also, there is no way to connect an external passive speaker. Ease of Use: No graphic EQ... Oh well. Quality: Well built in all respects Value: A little pricey considering comments mention above. Manufacturer Support: No comment. Overall: There is nothing on the market that matches it's design and features.

"A gem...wouldn't gig without it!" submitted August 4, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Professional vocalist/band leader for 10 yrs.
Music Style: Blues, Jazz, Jump, Swing
Sound: For the size of this little gem, I would say it couldn't get any better. I use to lug around the SRM450 as an active montir at my gigs, but this little guy hangs in there like a champ and it weighs practically nothing compared to the big speaker. I also use it for rehearsals with my band and it takes no time at all to set it and break it down. Feature: Okay...so the mic stand adapter was no problem for me when used as directed. I found that if you use it on a pole with an iron base, it is sturdy enough. I even tried the adapter on a mini-mic stand like you use for a kick drum, but it did need some cushion behind it in case it tipped. But with time, I found that if I put in on a homemade wedge type stand, on the floor, facing up at me, it is just perfect. My whole band now uses this one monitor for the whole stage. It's all about the user and how you adapt to it! Ease of Use: No built in reverb, but I don't use this item by itself. I daisy-chain it from my main speakers and that send is already processed through the mixer board. Having its own EQ on board, I can adjust the sound of this little monitor to cut through the rest of the sound on stage and give me a good level. Quality: I find this SRM150 to be made with the same plastic cabinet/controls/knobs/metal screen as the large SRM450 speakers, and they are my favorite. It is super light weight and travels like a champ. Seriously...other musicians want to know all about it and are thinking of getting their own. Value: Wouldn't look for another product because I don't need to. This I would buy again. Manufacturer Support: I have not had any trouble with this product, but I do own other Mackie items that required support. I have had no trouble getting authorized factory service under warranty for those items and never paid a cent. It was fast and easy. The Wow Factor: Like I said...other musicians are jeaulos of my little SRM150 gem. I've even loaned it out to my favorite musicians and got great feedback.

"Great Sound Quality, Could Use Better Quality Adapters and features" submitted December 16, 2007

By a customer from netscape.com
Musical Background: Professional Performing Musician
Music Style: Acoustic
Sound: The sound of this PA is the best feature. I was worried about the limited Freq. response but have not been disappointed. It does tend to feed back if you have it on a boom stand though. I use it with a large diaphragm condenser mic. The bass gets a little honky sounding if you try too much low information. A effects patch or something would have been helpful. Feature: The stand adapters are really poor quality. My boom stand actually fell on my Hang drum from the imbalance. The top adapter stripped out the first gig. The bottom adapter for the stand bends too much. Ease of Use: Overall it is easy to use. Quality: It feels like soft cheap plastic. I like the lightweight. It is so much easier than lugging around my other systems. but the stand adapters are just disappointingly cheaply built. I really hope Mackie does a better job on future models. Value: I'm sorry to say, as a loyal Mackie customer, that the cheap stand adapters that went out on my first gig do not match the price tag. Also, I had to wait like 4 months to get this. Manufacturer Support: I don't know. The Wow Factor: It really looks and feels like a toy. The quietness, transparent sound are its strongest features as well as the 3 Channel and phantom power. Overall: Overall the Mackie SRM150 Compact Active PA System is exactly what the musician who wants to take up a small footprint and have quality sound. However, the mic stand attachments gave me some real problems I hope Mackie will correct in future models. The adaptors for the mic and boom stand are flimsy and the threads stripped out my first gig with it leaving my mic flopping around. Once I attached the boom the weight was too heavy for the adaptor. I appreciate the phantom power, 3 quality channels and transparent sound, but now I just set the speaker on a stool or single mic stand. This means I carry two stands now. Not something I wanted to do when I bought the SRM150. Also the phantom power indicator light wigged out after a week and now stays on regardless. I play the native American flute, sing, guitar and hang drum and use mostly a large diaphragm condenser mic.

"Defective products." submitted February 15, 2008

Music Style: Folk
Sound: I have had 3 of these. Each one failed in a different way and had to be sent back. The 3rd one just lost channel 1 and Mackie is giving me a hassle when I said I want some other product or my money back. These SRM 150s are defective,badly designed products. I would steer clear of them till Mackie makes them as bullet proff as there other products. I own several other Mackie products and have not had trouble with them. I am dissapointed that they would leave me holding the bag like this.No more Mackie products for me till this is settled. Feature: If you put this product on the mike stand as directed it can fall over easily. ( Top Heavy) Ease of Use: No problem till the electronics fail. Quality: Very poor quality! Value: No.I was a great Idea ,but your money is better spent else where. Manufacturer Support: It looks like the are going to leave me holding the bag so to speak. The Wow Factor: The idea is great ,but it doesn't work. Overall: I would never by anouther one.
14 of 18 people (77.78%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"good product!" submitted April 11, 2012

By steve G in Kula, HI
Overall
Overall: While the SRM150 doesn't have the tone of a larger monitor, like a 10" or 15" speaker, it delivers a lot of punch for such a small box.

Mackie SRM150 PA System Customer Review submitted July 12, 2011

Music Style: Keyboard
Sound: I think this product is outstanding, would definately recommend, i get people telling me how impressed they are with this pa. Speaker. I thought it left my bose $1,100.00 accustic cd radio in the dust! So I replaced it with this mackie pa speaker , I use it for mp3 music,keyboard, congas and kareoke singing. Feature: Yes

Mackie SRM150 PA System Customer Review submitted July 12, 2011

Music Style: Keyboard

"Hoping the next SRM150 will work out of the box" submitted June 12, 2010

Overall
Sound: Sound quality was terrible. It would break up at half volume and would cut out completly. I'm hoping it was just a bad apple so it's going back after 20 minutes of use. Feature: For some reason the power cord it came with was for a 220V outlet.... So I had to go buy one from Frys to at least test the damn thing. ZZsounds said they would credit me back the $7 I had to pay for the dord Ease of Use: Defective, so no opinion until I get a replacement Quality: As of now it gets a 1 Value: In all honesty the TC Helicon 300V was my first choice, but it looks like these things are back-ordered until the Fall Manufacturer Support: No opinion, ZZsounds is handling the situation Overall: I'll give it one more chance

When you call, mention priority code 157K-K7HG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976