When you call, mention priority code 161P-VMND

Rating and Reviews: Mackie Pro-FX8 Mixer

The ProFX8 from Mackie features 4 high-headroom mic preamps, great-sounding effects, channel EQ, built-in DI, and 7-band graphic EQ to ring out the room.

"So Far So Good" submitted June 28, 2014

By Alan Rausch in Denton, MD
Overall
Musical Background: Years of acoustic-bluegrass, dobro, banjo, guitar.
Music Style: Bluegrass
Overall: I used an 8 mic input Mackie a few weeks back and really liked it. So I ordered this smaller version, which is all I need. I have not been impressed with Mackie but to me this little mixer matches nicely with the SRM450ʻs our guitar player had. We play 5 piece bluegrass, 4 condenser mics and bass plugged in. It does what I need, the sliders and 7 band eq are handy,I mix from stage while playing so I needed simple. I do worry about the reviews I have read, but time will tell. For now it works and is quiet with good head room. The effects are acceptable and the 3 band eq is not as sensitive as the Allen Heath ZED I also have, but it is much easier to use live while playing.

"Buyer beware Dont buy it unless you need stress in your life." submitted October 27, 2011

By a customer from me.com
Music Style: Flamenco
Sound: The sound of the mic pres is acceptable however they do give out and channel 5and 6 on mine have gone dead. I have not liked dealing with Mackie or the Service center I keep getting the runaround and no one knows whats going on. The product Mackie Pro Fx 8 has only seen three gigs and is not working. Quality: I think Mackie sold there name and is now useing some complan called LOUD that has poor quality control. Ive heard from a few folks that there are problems with there Pro Fx boards. While the board is inexpensive it really shows that the quality is sub par as well. I would not buy this again. Service it terable. I have purcased things and had problmes with other products and ther service was fantastic. This is not the case with Mackie. Value: This is a lower cost board but not really reliable and it is not worth what you pay. Manufacturer Support: I was able to reach Mackie, after a few phone calls and when I was told that they would replace my board if there was a circit board problem, I was later told no thery were going to try to fix it. Mackie uses area service centers and dose not do the repair work themselves. My board has been tired up for a few weeks and still no real answer to who is fixing or how. Orgianlly Mackie said to bring to a service center and that if they the service center saw that it was a board problme they woud just send me a new one. I dont have a new one and its the board that was the problme. I would not buy another Mackie product ever. The Wow Factor: It looks nice and has a nice layout Overall: Im looking at replacing it today
23 of 27 people (85.19%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"What the hell is up with Mackie these days???" submitted September 10, 2010

By a customer from tampabay.rr.com
Musical Background: 30 years perfoming
Music Style: Acoustic
Sound: I don't know what the hell is up with Mackie these days. I have gone through three Profx8 mixers in two months and I'm now on my forth. On ALL the Profx8's that I've had and used for live sound: channels 3 & 4 preamps stopped working. On two of them the effects would drop out for a few minutes leaving only a distorted signal. I love the Mackie programmed effects so I've stuck with the mixer but this wil be my last attempt. I think a Chinese company "Loud" is producing these for Mackie. There must be a problem in the production or design. I hope they get it straight because it's a great live mixer when it works. Anyone else having these problems???

"Not too impressed!!!" submitted May 27, 2010

Musical Background: singer/songwriter
Music Style: Folk melodic rock
Sound: The sound is fairly clean and has some good headroom. The features are good with its stereo graphic 9 band eq. But I am afraid the sound lacks that punch. Feature: I like the USB feature also the DI input for acoustic guitars and bass Ease of Use: Straight forward to use, no issues here. Quality: I am afraid it does'nt have that same punch its the previous Mackie DFX 6. The DFX 6 has much more siizzle and clarity where is this pro FX 8 sounds a bit lifeless even when eq'ed its difficult to get a satasfiying sound. I find the DFX 6 much much better with sound plus build quality. Value: I think its a bit expensive , the previuos version was considerably less & better built with great componats. Manufacturer Support: Have'nt needed too yet The Wow Factor: Again the pro fx 8 is a bit smaller then its predissesor and does not feel like a quality mixer Overall: I wish they brought back the Mackie DFX 6 as it was very well built and had that edge.
17 of 23 people (73.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"this item the mackie pro fx 8" submitted October 30, 2012

By garry kelly
Music Style: r & b rock and country
Overall: i brought this item two year back , i use it for karaoke it was ok to start but now when you set up and turn the power on it's ok, but 15 minuets on and there's a hum that comes through the speaker minimal to start then loud then louder had to unplug and use another mixer, this is the second mackie mixer in two years the other a problem with the rca plug, plug a computer and no output. no recommendation from me, i'll try something a little more reliable. the sound quality was good, features good, manufacturer hard to contact, value not good if unreliable, no wow factor me, i suppose you only get what you pay for

"Mackie ProFX8 8-Channel USB Mixer" submitted January 13, 2014

By Charles Tresca in Ukiah, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar 50 years; semi-professional regular gigs in band
Music Style: Pure jazz! evolving and experimental jazz; Brazillan jazz
Overall: Excellent quality as expected!

Mackie Pro-FX8 Mixer Customer Review submitted December 4, 2009

Musical Background: Band on the road-20-30 gigs a year
Music Style: Country and Western (both types)
Sound: I dont actually own this version w/ the USB but I have owned the FX8 w/o the USB now for several years and several gigs on the road. Thousands of miles of banging around and it is the best for our small combo. I am really excited about this USB version because now you dont have to use the Tape out to the PC to use it.The quality and professionalism of Mackie in an affordable unit!.....OldNo7 Feature: I only wish my earlier version had the USB Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it The Wow Factor: Very..............
11 of 31 people (35.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 161P-VMND. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976