When you call, mention priority code 14PP-2VSX

Rating and Reviews: Mackie Pro-FX12 Mixer

With six XLR mic preamps, a direct input for guitar or bass, 32-bit onboard effects, graphic EQ, and USB stereo I/O, this compact mixer is ready for the gig.

"If your debating... buy it." submitted December 30, 2010

Musical Background: Active Musician, Producer, Manager
Music Style: Alternative, Blues, Rock, Hardcore, Metal
Sound: Great sound! The only problem I have with it is that if the "tape level" is not at +20 it makes an irritating drone... Feature: Very good, but I wish it came with some more effects... It pretty much only has reverb and delay Ease of Use: Very easy to use, but there are a few things (like the previously mentioned tape level problem)... Quality: Excellent... Just... Excellent Value: VERYYYY well worth it... Manufacturer Support: I wouldn't know, but I assume it is great The Wow Factor: Looks nice, good aesthetic Overall: I expect to use this for a long time to come.

"The little mixer that could!" submitted June 5, 2010

Music Style: Rock/ Southern Rock/ Country
Sound: For the all the more this thing costs... this is unbelievable! We use it for vocals which are crisp and very clear. Way better than what was expected. Feature: This mixer has many of the gadgets that it's bigger brothers have. The EQ is very useable, and being able to switch the EQ between monitors and mains helps out when you need it. The low cut switches for the mic inputs are a great addition also. I just wish that this had a couple more direct inputs for guitars/bass. Two instead of one, would have been better... Also, it would be nice to have dual sliders for the mains. The FX are also a plus and so far have worked out well. If you play acoustically by yourself or with another, you can use the USB port to "record" your performance on a laptop or any type of computer. Although I will probably not use this anytime soon, it is a really cool feature that single musicians (or duos) could take full advantage of. Ease of Use: With just minor tweeking to your set up, this thing sounds GREAT! Quality: Although this thing is built like a tank, and I gave it a 10....The 60 mm faders/sliders and the sliders for the EQ are made of a cheaper type of plastic than what I expected, but for all the more you pay for this mixer, it is definately built tough. Value: For all that this mixer has to offer, it is a great value. It has a ton of features and is built very well. For what you get, EQ, FX, crystal clear audio etc... it has got ALOT of bang for your buck. Manufacturer Support: never needed support.. The Wow Factor: I own this mixer and waited quite a while to do so. It was ordered/ backordered last year and I finally cancelled the order, after waiting almost the entire year. I saw the 8 channel version on the website just last week and ordered the 1 they still showed in stock. As it turned out, thankfully, it backordered. I noticed that they (ZZounds) had the 12 channel in stock....The rest is history as they say. Overall: This mixer was definately worth the wait. As I said above, I waited the better part of a year the first time I tried to purchase it. It has a ton of features that you would find on the more expensive models. It is built extremely well and is simple to use. If you are in a small to mid size band this mixer is for you! You aren't going to find a better deal, for such a great product, at this price.... I expect to have this mixer for years to come.
50 of 55 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Mackie ProFX12 USB Mixer with Effects " submitted June 13, 2012

By JIm C in Ragley, LA
Musical Background: playing for 4 years
Music Style: Mostly gospel then I I like blues and classic rock.
Overall: I had originally purchased a lesser mixer, from another manufacturer. It worked well; but, limited my ability to expand what I wanted to do. The USB connection is a great asset and the mixer is quite professional. If I could wish for more, it would be a SD card for recording and storing directly to the mixer. Overall, though, a great product.

"Versatile, reliable Mackie workhorse mixer." submitted November 29, 2010

By a customer from gsk.com
Music Style: Rock & Jazz
Sound: Truly transparent; as a mixer should be. So far I've only used this in a home-recording environment, and it works very well. Feature: As others have mentionned, it might be nice to have a second hi-z input channel for guitar & bass concurrently. It comes with a license for Tracktion 3, which really makes this a worthwhile investment. Every sequencing software has idiosyncracies, but this works well. Using the USB from computer to mixer works as expected; and a nice feature is that you can switch from USB feeding EVERYTHING back to the computer; or my preference of feeding in ONLY what is being added via audio inputs - making it a breeze to add tracks. Other limitation is that you can't seem to get the on-board effects recorded via USB - that feed is BEFORE effects, so if you want to record with built-in reverb, for instance, you have to record via audio outputs. Ease of Use: Very intuitive to use; although for effects /tape out/ etc it helps to have the schematic with you. Uses a standard power cord, and not a power brick ! Quality: Seems solid - although I haven't packed it up and moved it around very often. Works as expected. Sliders give a nice visual for which inputs are currently running. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them for the mixer itself. Web site for license registration on Tracktion has been unavailable a few times - which is a concern, as Mackie's direction for supporting Tracktion in the future isn't really clear. The Wow Factor: For a 12-channel mixer, it's a nice size and looks semi-pro. Overall: I got this with the intention of recording; but with the capability of gigging with some friends . If 12 channels is enough, this would do the job.

"mackie pro fx12 usb mixer with effects" submitted December 16, 2013

By eric b in stockbridge, GA
Musical Background: 38 yr. bassist and all the above
Music Style: Blues,jazz,rock,Gospel, reggae
Overall: Great piece of soundware,effects off the chain and very portable.nice,sleek modern -isticlook.lot if bang for the Buck and very good team with the mackie thump I reasonally purchase. And I am coming back for a three way cabs,fir a nice addition!

"This mixer without a doubt is the best value for the money. I has very thing you need for a small band or a D.J. Extremely cle" submitted May 18, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active Sound Engineer and D.J.
Music Style: Rock, Latin, and Country
Sound: This is an excellent product by far. Ease of Use: extremely clean sound. Quality: Best quality for the size. Value: Best value. Manufacturer Support: no additional support needed. The Wow Factor: Very nice looking and easy to set up. Overall: I will have this mixer for a long time to come.

"Mackie ProFX12 Mixer" submitted January 22, 2014

By William Watson in Forsyth, MO
Musical Background: 30 years professionally
Music Style: All music genres
Overall: We ordered this board with the Bose speaker system, which required a board with no amplifier. It is lightweight, easy to use and technically sound. We used it for the first time for a wedding we worked, and it did not fail us at all. it was easy to transport and the set up was quick.

"sound mixer profx12" submitted June 6, 2012

By Francis L in Windsor, ON
Musical Background: I jam at home and I play an electric accoustic
Music Style: Country
Overall: this profx12 mixer is one of the best mixer i have ever purchased.. It has everything you will need to accommodate you in your sound performance and DJ on the side. Easy hook up easy to use and most of all it does the job that you would expect out of it. I would strongly recommend this product to anyone and it comes at a very low cost for the amount of work this mixer puts out.. Thank - you mackie for coming up with an efficient product and a strongly built chassis.. Francis

"Fun with Mackies Pro FX12." submitted July 5, 2011

Musical Background: Live Sound Tech
Sound: Purchased this product as I am required to sometimes provide wedding ceremony sound. First job was Shure wireless on altar, 3 violins with AKG overhead condensor, drums (picked up by condensor also) & acc. guitar through DI. sending 1 line to 2 QSC powered speakers on poles. Mixer performed very and I was able to provide a nice mix. Feature: Includes power cable and a USB. A nice feature would be phantom power on individual channels. Ease of Use: A good buy for a newbe. Easy to set up. Very simple for anyone that have progressed to sweepable mids and sub groups. Quality: I feel that with normal care this board will be around for a long time. Value: A very good value! Manufacturer Support: I have had no dealings with the company. The Wow Factor: If sound tech got women based upon sex appeal of the board I would pay more attention to the look. And if I was attracted to the board I would go to a shrink. Overall: As long as it works I will not replace it. It's in the fleet.

"A practical mixer with effects for the right price." submitted May 30, 2011

Musical Background: Disc Jockey, Karaoke Jock, Musician, Studio Engineer
Music Style: Dance music and Rock
Sound: This is a Great Mixer for the money. As a DJ and Karaoke Jock I can run my laptop and any combinations of Mics. The effects are good and the response is on the money. Feature: The USB plug-in is limited to what you can do with it..But would be great for backing tracks or break music. Ease of Use: The controls are right up front and easy to figure out. Quality: Looks and feels solid. Value: Great buy for the money and blows away the rest. Manufacturer Support: I have had no contact with support because it all works fine. The Wow Factor: It is a mixer and does what I need it to do. It is not a technical marvel or anything spectacular. I would say it does the job better then most. Overall: I buy new equipment every year and would not hesitate to buy it again.( unless I find something better).
20 of 24 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Geat" submitted April 2, 2013

Overall
Overall: I love this mixer. Very durable and easy to work with.

"Excellent choice for the money and sound." submitted April 10, 2011

Musical Background: Music director
Music Style: Classical
Sound: Found It to be more than I expected. Excellent response by all who have listened to it. Ease of Use: There was no manual, but I downloaded it from the company's website. Quality: Everything was fine. Value: Thought it was an excellent price. Manufacturer Support: This is the second mixer. There was problem with first one, but zzounds was exceptional in having it returned and a new one sent immediately. The Wow Factor: Excellent Overall: Hope to have it for another few years.

"Incredible Mixer" submitted June 25, 2013

By Curtis S in Plano, TX
Musical Background: Lead Guitar, 50 years
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock
Overall: I have actually owned the profx8 and loved it. I bought the ProFX12 for obvious reasons. The effects are very clean and clear. Having the ability to connect to my computer for recording. It's light weight, but built very hardy.

"It walks it talks it crawls on its belly like a reptile...." submitted November 18, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: Musician. engineer.
Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Rock
Sound: It's a Mackie, sounds great. Feature: Has all the essentials for live sound or project recording. Ease of Use: Plug n play Quality: Built like a tank...no wall wart!!!! Value: This might be the best value I have run across in the music biz since the Korg M1. Manufacturer Support: None needed so far. The Wow Factor: Really? Overall: Great mixer!

"Lainy's Karaoke" submitted April 24, 2014

By omar morris in Perry, MI
Musical Background: Karaoke and Pro DJ
Music Style: Hip Hop Country Classic Rock and the Blues
Overall: Mackie 14 channel mixer great product for pro sound on a smaller scale

When you call, mention priority code 14PP-2VSX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976