When you call, mention priority code 20W-9QFX

Rating and Reviews: Mackie PPM1008 Mixer

Push your passive PA with this full-featured powered mixer! The PPM1008 has 1600 watts on tap, dual 9-band graphic EQs, onboard 32-bit digital FX, and more.

"Mackie Excellence." submitted November 7, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording and Sound Engineer.
Sound: This unit sounds great. The EQ's are very good amd the Mic Pre's are very good too, Still not as good as on the Onyx boards but just a notch below. The Graphic Eq's are musical and not typical of most Graphic EQ's helping when they are need. Feature: What can I say , Tons of features, from the 3 band eq with sweepable mids to the 800 watts per channel (4 ohms) to excellent usable effects which can be also routed to your monitor mix. This head has most feature need for any small to medium act. Ease of Use: Simple to use and setup. Can't say enough about the easy it is to setup and get an excellent sound. Quality: Built like a tank but still light weight... Value: a bit pricey but if you want quailty you must pay for quality. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used it yet but never ever had a problem with a mackie product. Overall: Althoug a bit pricey and I would have like to see the Onyx pre incorporated into these unit, you can not marvel at the quality of products that mackie puts out including these small but powerful PA heads. If you are looking for a powerful and excellent sounding PA head. look no farther than the PPM1008 series head. Well worth it for the quality and flexability you get with it.
45 of 49 people (91.84%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This is not what its cranked up to be." submitted November 25, 2009

Music Style: Jazz, Rock
Sound: This unit has power but when you really need it. It clips badly. Feature: This is a very light weight P A Head. But I have now gone back to using my old Mackie 808S, because for live gigs, I sounds better. The PPM1008 is fine for practice in a bedroom. It's a very expensive practice unit. Ease of Use: Just as easy to use as the 808S Quality: Built well, but it clips when you run several signals through it. Value: It's expensive like most Mackie products. Most of the time it's worth it. Manufacturer Support: Mackie has great support. The Wow Factor: I had to have it because of the light weight. When I finally tested it on an outdoor live gig, I was very disappointed. Overall: I've already replaced it with the old model. I almost sold the old one. I'm glad I keep it.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great product." submitted February 16, 2010

Musical Background: Active
Music Style: classic rock
Sound: Perfect for set it and forget it. Love this PA. Feature: All the features I need. Use it in a working band. Lots of different settings for different rooms. Ease of Use: Took a few tries to get the details down. Once I did, I have no problems. Quality: It's very light. But so is the 808, and I used that on the road for years. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with the Manuf. The Wow Factor: It's light. And powerful. Good looking and easy to set up. Overall: I'll get another one if I need to. I don't like the Speak On connections.

"Mackie PPM 1008 powered mixer" submitted July 29, 2016

By David Whitaker in Edgemoor, SC
Overall
Musical Background: i am a singer mostly for my on entertainment now but have done band and studio work.
Music Style: mostly Rock ,Southern Rock, Country, but I like all Music
Overall: Very nice unit. ordered one but had to return and have it replaced and it concerned me a bit but I am very satisfied with the replacement. It handles the job no matter what you put on it.

"Comparable to Pyle" submitted September 13, 2014

By Terry Brookhouser in Topeka, KS
Overall
Musical Background: Home theater system, Guitar, and Drums but I am not a professional musician.
Music Style: All genres
Overall: This is my first Mackie product, so I wanted to give Mackie a fair chance before writing a review. I've had my Mackie PPM1008 mixer for almost 4 months. My overall rating of this product is very poor, also Mackie support techs are jerks. They make you feel inferior. The mixer puts out so much noise that I cannot crank the mixer to its full potential. The live sound is okay if you don't mind the gain very low. It's not worth the price I paid, I should have purchased Peavey or Yamaha instead. In my opinion, I think the quality of Mackie products is comparable to Pyle products. I hope this review helps.

"Mackie PPM1008 8 Channel mixer" submitted February 9, 2014

By Randy R in Folsom, CA
Musical Background: I am a professional dj for the last 35 years
Music Style: Our selection is the entire gammit. What ever our customers want is what we play.
Overall: High marks for this workhorse piece of equipment. Very powerful, light weight and durable. Easy to use and excellent sound reproduction.

"Sometimes...You don't get what you pay for!" submitted May 18, 2011

Musical Background: Sound Guy / Musician
Music Style: Indian / DJ
Sound: It is paired with JBL Jrx112 speakers and SM58 microphones and I cannot get it to sound decent. It is used for house gigs for my band. The sound on this unit is very tinny and very sharp. Feedback is a huge problem with this mixer and I have to equalize a lot just to stop the feedback. My Behringer PMP2000 mixer is way better than this. Also, this unit doesn't seem like 250 watts at 8 ohms as it claims in the manual. LED's clip too early. And yeah, the fan is very noisy. Feature: No accessories. Comes with compressor, master eq, effects etc. Wish it had dual effects, and Gain/Trim knob like the previous Mackie model. Ease of Use: You have to equalizer this a lot to make it sound atleast decent. Quality: Seems good quality apart from the noisy fan. Value: For this much, I would have expected a better product from Mackie. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it yet. The Wow Factor: I guess it looks good. Overall: Overall, this is a huge disappointment of a product. Would not recommend for live band situations.

When you call, mention priority code 20W-9QFX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976