When you call, mention priority code 156R-F92T

Rating and Reviews: Mackie Universal Pro

Compatible with every major DAW and video software out there, Mackie's MCU 8-channel controller puts touch-sensitive 100 mm faders at your fingertips.

"Handy piece of gear!" submitted June 12, 2012

By Sylent M in Dallas, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 39 years of guitar, bass, and drums, on stage and in the studio.
Music Style: Rock and blues primarily, but almost anything that strikes a chord at any given time.
Sound: No sound since its a controller, but the response of the faders and other controls are nice and makes editing and mastering easier. Feature: Most useful other than track control, (mute/solo/level/etc) is transport controls, markers, zoom, etc without a mouse. Least useful is the stuff I've yet to use, but will be changing that soon I'm sure. Ease of Use: Easy to use if you are familiar with the software you are controlling. Quality: Well made, metal case..... my only worry is the faders holding up over time. Value: It's expensive. I have an easier time sinking cash into instruments than support gear, but this cuts my time and makes me get back to the actual creative processes faster, so it is worth it to me. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any support yet. The Wow Factor: The appeal is what sold me. The fact of making my job easier, due to the fact it's not needed to make music, record, or master, is what I was looking for. Overall: The mcu pro is a great addition to my desk. It's compact size leaves me room and makes it more portable. It works great and is recognized by the software I've tested, primarily Sonar x1. The motorized faders are smooth and quiet, I hope they last a very long time. I'd suggest keeping it covered from dust when not in use. I've read where people have had issues with the display, however I have no problems, it is crystal clear. Very programmable and plays well with the other midi gear I've tested. (Akai MPK25, and a couple older Roland and Yamaha keyboards, as well as a vintage Yamaha DX100 synth). The MCU Pro is a great investment to have tighter and easier control over your software, and with zZounds Play as you pay... you can't go wrong!

"Seamless, and effortless integration in my studio" submitted May 1, 2014

By Dave M
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician with home studio and 28 years of experience
Music Style: Pop, Rock, Metal, Ambient
Overall: Bought the MCU-Pro for my home studio, to streamline my recording & mixing. I use Cubase 6.5 running on a Windows 7 laptop. Unpacked the controller and placed the included Cubase/Nuendo template on the front panel and in no time, and with NO hangups, had it up and running with Cubase. What can I say that hasn't already been said? It's made of metal, looks great, weighs a ton (a good thing), and has high-quality parts throughout. It might be a bit pricier than "other" controllers, but I consider this a high end, professional piece of equipment. I have owned it for almost two years and I've experienced absolutely NO issues with it whatsoever. Bottom line: you get what you pay for....and I have absolutely NO regrets in purchasing this

"Mackie Control Universal Pro" submitted April 29, 2012

By Oscar D in Copperas Cove, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 18 years as a producer, engineer and artist.
Music Style: Hip Hop & r&b.
Overall: I purchased this unit to replace my BCF 2000 consoles after upgrading to Pro Tools 10 and it is one of the best decisions I've ever made! I love the size as well as the way it interacts with PT 10; not to mention the professional look it brings to my studio. Its versatility is unmatched as it's compatible with just about everything. It was very easy to setup and controls way more of PT10 than I expected (almost eliminates the mouse all together). The only thing I can say that I don't like is the little delay (latency) on the led screen that shows the track activity. But I can deal with that. Overall if you have PT, Cubase, Logic, etc, then you need this control surface....period!
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Mackie Control Universal Pro" submitted April 16, 2014

By Jacob Borum in Detroit, MI
Overall
Musical Background: 10+ years music and vocal production.
Music Style: All
Overall: Awesome!!!!!! It is everything I dreamed it would be. All i had to do was call tech services to fix a small problem due to me using the new version of Logic ( Logic pro X ). I don't know what i would do without it. Makes mixing, recording, and producing easier. I barely have to use my mouse now. Thanks Mackie

"Best in it's class" submitted February 13, 2012

By Sean M in Detroit, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Studio owner for 8 years, musician for 25 years.
Music Style: I record rock, gospel, jazz, world music, folk, & country.
Overall: Rock solid, sturdy & precise. It's really the only thing in it's price range that offers both HUI & MCU, motorized faders, expandability, and a decent scribble strip. Having used both the older model (P&G faders) and the new model (ALPs faders), it's a substantial upgrade and well worth the price. The new faders are much faster & quieter. I use it with the 8 channel expander in my mid-sized studio and I'm very pleased with it.

When you call, mention priority code 156R-F92T. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976