When you call, mention priority code 176W-PV7V

Rating and Reviews: Mackie HR824mkII Monitor

Get the crystal-clear sound reproduction and ruler-flat frequency response that studio professionals rely on, with Mackie's bi-amped 8.75" HR824mk2 monitors.

"get em" submitted March 29, 2012

By elden n in aiea, HI
Musical Background: serious hoppyist
Music Style: all
Overall: wide sweet spot....nice bass translation, well, basically i had to redo my mixes especially low end and mids..very good. get yours now before price go up again...mmm talk about value..right on mackie...besides good speakers zzound is the best to do business with...they have never let me down and thr shipping rate to hawaii is the best. awsome zzound. thanks

"Excellent monitors - with some caveats" submitted January 7, 2009

Musical Background: Musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Industrial, Electronic, Nu-Metal, Gothic
Sound: I recently bought and tried these monitors. I've been recording for 17 years and have been using my current monitors for 7 years. I bought these as an upgrade being I wanted the extended low end response, which I will get to. First things first, these monitors are nice and flat. It bothers me to see comments on the net that say "scooped mids" "hyped mids" "harsh treble" "dull treble"... I mean which is it?? It can make your head spin as everyone has something to say that is completely opposite what someone else said. Well, I say ignore all those comments and rely on the fact you're getting a monitor that is extremely flat with a graph to prove it. I was extremely pleased with these monitors but I did discover one of the speakers had a bad tweeter that was only operating at about 50% effeciency, meaning it was dull and was making an audible static noise. I returned it and the replacement is perfectly fine. So as a result of that I had to rate 5 for quality. Now, here's the problem... if your setup is half-space, meaning there's a wall right behind the monitors you will likely find big problems with the bass end due to room acoustics. At first you'll be excited thinking you're hearing the missing lowend but you're not. You will see that everything sounds *better* in the Mackies due to the killer lowend only to find it sounding quite different on all other sources. Well, this is due to room acoustics and to fix it requires a few thousand dollars to fix with *real* basstraps - ie. NOT foam ones. So, as a result I am sadly returning mine and sticking with my original monitors that go down to 50hz. I will give this bit of advice, if you are operating with your speakers near a wall or corners and still want speakers with serious low end make sure to buy ones with the bass porting in the front! The Mackies push bass out the rear using a passive radiator which is the cause of the problem. If you get front ported speakers you will be much better off! Overall though, if it weren't for the bass/room acoustics issue I really do love these monitors.
49 of 52 people (94.23%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Can't beat the value!" submitted October 16, 2007

By a customer from slicksys.com
Musical Background: Pro Musician
Music Style: Rock/Metal
Sound: Very natural and balanced. Good nearfield. Feature: Features on par with comp. Ease of Use: Hooking up a speaker ... hmmmm... Quality: Quality is good overall. Value: Can't beat it for the money. You'd spend thousands more. The Wow Factor: Nice looking, even better sounding. Overall: If you can afford ADAM's or Genelec, do it. Otherwise, this is your speaker. Period.
19 of 26 people (73.08%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Horrible reliability and criminal support system. Do not buy." submitted May 3, 2009

Overall
Sound: The sound is good. But that's not the problem. Feature: Not bad. Ease of Use: Plug it in and you're good. Quality: After a couple years, my speaker started creating a terrible hissing sound. I sent it in to Mackie and they pretended that they didn't hear it and said it must be something with the grounding. I'm an electrical engineer and can tell you there is something wrong with my speaker. I didn't get the speaker back until the warranty had expired, and of course they said that they couldn't fix it after that. Value: A speaker that fills your ears with hissing is not very valuable. Manufacturer Support: See above. Not only did they pretend they couldn't hear the incredibly loud hissing, they tried to CHARGE ME $80 since I sent it in without a problem. After fighting with them for a week over whether or not they would charge me (and momentarily believing that the problem was gone) I finally get the speaker back with the SAME HISSING problem. I've never in all of my years supporting electronics dealt with a more ridiculous situation. Overall: I'm going to have to spend another $1000 on speakers that aren't made by frauds.

When you call, mention priority code 176W-PV7V. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976