When you call, mention priority code 203-PCG8

Rating and Reviews: Mackie DL1608 iPad Mixer

Add your Lightning-connector iPad to get a 16-channel, 8-bus digital mixer loaded with DSP effects. Pop your iPad out to mix over Wi-Fi from around the room.

"Excellent Mixer!" submitted May 24, 2015

By Tom N in Fort Worth, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing drums for 30+ years, I also play Guitar, Piano, Tenor Sax.
Music Style: Jazz/Rock/Funk
Overall: I use this mixer as a Drum sub-mix and it is flat out awesome. One thing I do like about it is that it is intuitive due in part because of the IPad and easy to mix from behind a drum kit. For me I could use more Aux outs but being able to group things together helps. It is also useful to be able and mix from anywhere in the house, I am more in controll of my drum mix and it's not left to the mercy of the sound man. The 1608L has more than enough headroom, it produces a super clean and powerful mix, great on board effects, what more can you ask for?Well it would be great if you had a USB port to connect to a computer to work with DAW's and multitrack recording softwares but the IPad and iPhone software isn't the bad at all, it does its job as a live mixer. I havnt tried to record with it yet but I am sure it records good enough for scratch tracks...... One other thing, it would be nice if you could use MIDI with this mixer but the lack of this feature does not detour me from loving this board becuase it is clean and powerful.

"WOW!!" submitted February 26, 2015

By Dale Britton in Yelm, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Played guitar since I was a kid, local bands for 11 years.
Music Style: Country, blues, classic rock.
Overall: A buddy showed this unit to me a few weeks ago and I was very impressed... so I bought one. And I can honestly say I wish I would have had one of these 5 years ago when I started my band. The features of this little mixer are incredible and Mackie hit a home run with this unit. The ability to use, operate via wi-fi, record, save settings for each show or venue, and the fidelity are simply fantastic. I have three Yamaha MG boards and I love them. They have been work horses for me and very reliable too; so, I hope this will be as reliable too. Mackie continues to update the software very routinely and adds features from us (the users) which I see making this little (yet very powerful) mixer the top dog ion the market. Try and find a board nowadays that can run four monitors, it's tough. This has six, count 'em kids... SIX Aux sends! Finally enough to work with. Also, most boards use the last few channels and split them with two 1/4 inputs; therefore, an 8 channel board is really is 6 XLR capable and a few others and so on. The last four inputs on the Mackie 1608L 16 channel mixer are the universal XLR/1/4 inputs which lend even more versatility. I used it over the last weekend for three shows and I am very impressed with this unit. If you can run a mixer this is even easier, the fidelity through the mains rivals my Yamaha boards, and the monitors have never been so clear. So far, I'm absolutely happy with this unit and can't wait for the next gig to run it!!!!

"Dl1608L" submitted August 14, 2014

By Aries D in San diego, CA
Musical Background: Dj for 12 years
Music Style: All kind
Overall: I couldn't be more happier, it's so convenient, small and light weight. Easy to use, before this I have the VLZ24 the product is great but it's so big to haul around especially when it's on it's case. Wireless works great too, just be sure to buy the router that's listed on there site that they tested to work already.

"Mackie DL 1608L Digital iPad Mixer / SRM 650 powered speakers" submitted February 28, 2016

By Frank Sanchez in Edinburg, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Professional gigging musician on the weekends.
Music Style: Oldies,Classis Rock
Overall: I recently purchased this mixer to upgrade our current powered mixer set up. We used it at a gig on Saturday along with our new Mackie SRM 650 powered speakers and we were blown away. The presets on the master fader app were easy to set up and use. We would get complaints with our old set up that the volume was too loud when in fact it was an eq issue. We have a female vocalist and she has some pipes, we did not get a single complaint. The sound quality we have now has taken us to a new level, we are very pleased with our investment. I highly recommend the DL 1608 mixer and the SRM 650 powered speakers, you will not be disappointed, Mackie

"Nice unit" submitted January 7, 2015

By John G in Lodi, CA
Musical Background: Night club owner , 35 yrs
Music Style: Live music weekly , various bands
Overall: Bought tgis mixer to replace an aging analog soundcraft !!! The dl1608 is compact and full of fearures , not to mention the I Pad control , which is a main factor in my decision to buy this unit . Im nowhere close to a sound engineer , i am a club owner with what i thouhht was considerable knowledge around a sound board !!! When it came to this mixer i was in way over my head ,,, multiple layers , etc .etc. if you are a novice sound person i woul not recommend this unit .!

"I regret buying it" submitted January 3, 2015

Overall
Overall: Mackie normally makes good produts. I am not happy with this one. Make sure you have a new ipad, even though the manufacturers specs say this unit can be used with a 1st gen ipad, it does not. Had to borrow a newer ipad just to use it. The app is constanly updated and you lose your setting. I make sure I back them all the time now. Mackie could do a better job on this mixer interface.

When you call, mention priority code 203-PCG8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976