When you call, mention priority code 1582-W8JG

Rating and Reviews: Mackie C200 PA Speaker

Turn up the volume with Mackie C200, a passive version of their best-selling SRM350.

Overall

"Small gigs, practice areas, I don't think you could find a better set of speakers, plus they would fit in the back seat of a car" submitted December 6, 2011

By a customer from it-drs.com
Musical Background: 30 years Guitar & Bass, around this town & others
Music Style: Alternative & Metal
Sound: Straight forward loudspeakers... I use them as mains in my rehearsal room with a Mackie 808M for vocals and this system doubles as a kick ass "stereo"! Excellent sound and build quality. Easy to move, makes for a real versitile small portable PA. Feature: Great durable and lightweight plastic cabinets Ease of Use: Speakon or 1/4" inputs, simple "plug & play" Quality: I've used Mackie products for years without any issues whatsoever. This particular design is awesome. You can use stands, sit them on the floor, hang them, or sit them angled on the side as floor monitors. I don't know what else you could possibly want/need? I'm sure they would work great upside down too!!! Value: If you want this level of quality, you have to pay for it. Not bad at all compared to other products in the same class. Manufacturer Support: I say "10" because I've never had to use support for any Mackie product. The Wow Factor: ? Overall: I expect these speakers to last for years and years........

"Great product" submitted February 29, 2008

Music Style: all different styles
Sound: I compared the Yamaha S115V speakers with these speakers head to head. The Mackie sounds cleaner. Different applications but excellent speaker. Feature: Great for a small / medium venue Ease of Use: Ok, easy. Quality: Very high Mackie quality.. period. Value: Great value Manufacturer Support: don't know The Wow Factor: If a speaker can have "sex appeal" this speakers has it. Overall: I can't imagine anything else would be better for the price.

"Mackie C-200's. Its a Mackie Speaker. You can't do better for the money!" submitted July 20, 2010

By a customer from imgpresents.com
Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Alternative / Classical Rock
Sound: The C200's are the unpowered versions of the SRM350. We use SRM450's for mains along with a Mackie subwoofer. We use C200's or SRM350's for floor subs. I like the 200's for monitors because the sound (especially vocals) are upfront, clean, and crisp. They weight nothing (26lbs) compared to other mains or monitors and have plenty of power handling to do the job. I like to use a 350 for the drummer so he/she can push a little more volume, but the C200's are our main floor monitors wherever we go. The C200's are also great in small venue's as permanent mounts. We've helped some places install and setup their inhouse and I always recommend the 200's for wall and ceiling mounts. Everyone loves the sound and the guys don't mind lugging any of the mackie's around. We just think the sound is the best you can get for the money. Feature: 1/4" and speakon inputs, plus a thru if you need it. The thru's on the SRM series help alot when you're trying to keep cabling to a minimum, but not that important on passive speakers. Other than that, is a passive speaker (unpowered) so you don't need any other options. If you want EQ or more local control, go to the SRM series and save yourself from using local on or near stage power amps. Ease of Use: Light (compared to older wooden based speakers or powered ones) and easy to mount / use. Quality: Never had a problem. Cases can get pretty beat up without any real effect on the sound. Value: Best bang for the buck, but the SRM's are only a little more expensive and save you from dragging power amps around. Still the best speaker series anywhere for the price. Manufacturer Support: Most of the time they're pretty responsive. Have had an issue or too that took longer than what I would consider usual, but I don't see any company being that consumer friendly anymore. Customer Service is pretty weak from almost every company I've ever dealt with... Sad, but that's the state of the industry. The Wow Factor: Clean lines. Great dispersion pattern. Great sound. Clean vocals. Sexy lines. Everyone always says "sweet speakers" no matter who they are. Easy to pole mount and they do look good. The new black C series look really hot. Overall: Unless we go to bigger venue's, I can't imagine needing more than 1 to 3 450's on each side with one sub, and 3 or 4 200's or 350's on the floor. I've mixed some pretty decent size halls and clubs and never pushed the speakers past 70%. If I had to replace one, it would be with another of the same. Probably just stick to 350's and 450's or go all 450's.

"Big things come in small packages!" submitted January 9, 2008

Musical Background: Actiive musician
Music Style: Rock/blues
Sound: Huge sound! light weight,if your a giging player and your pub/cafe gig's are taking their toll on your spine,buy these, lighten you load with out lightening your sound. On the tech side,if your vocals and guitars are the only thing coming through these,then add extra bass in your mix/eq and they will sound as fat as the 80 pounders! Feature: I just haven't found any thing wrong these little babys. Very easy to carry Ease of Use: The sound is really controlled by your mix, even on the mids higher on the lows. Daisy chain, plug in and rip! Quality: Mackie backs every thing up,and and a two year warranty, hard to beat. Value: You get what you pay for and these are worth the price of admission. Manufacturer Support: They send me a new pot/main vol knob for my 808s...FREE! Never had to use them for my speakers. The Wow Factor: The curb appeal of these bad boy's is high, the mackie logo always say's quality and they look and feel professional,no toy like logos or stickers. Overall: I like most is the light weight and heavy sound, I believe they were engineered for that reason. What I least like "Made in China" I just don't know how long they will last with Chineese solder. For now they are kicking butt.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1582-W8JG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976