When you call, mention priority code 1550-P2MX

Rating and Reviews: Mackie 1402VLZ3 Mixer

Loaded with 6 of Mackie's low-noise, high-dynamic-range XLR mic preamps, this compact, tough-as-nails 14-channel mixer delivers reliable sound every time.

"Mackie Does It Again" submitted September 25, 2007

Musical Background: Live Engineer
Music Style: a little bit of everything
Sound: The quality of the XDR2 preamps is very good. I use this mixer for live use and the pre-amps are both well built and clean sounding. The board is relatively warm sounding, but not too warm or too cold. Feature: I only wish it had 2 more pre's and a BNC or XLR for a lamp. Ease of Use: The board is pretty straight forward, although can be difficult to see in the dark. The manual is well written and entertaining (a Mackie strong-point, a manual that's actually fun to read). Quality: Mackie constructed this thing for years of abuse and it looks like it could handle it. I've been using this mixer and it's predecessor for about 4 years now, and it rolls over every time I need it. Very reliable. Value: While not the cheapest mixer in the sub-compact market, it is probably one of the best values. Mixers are an investment, some are better than others. On a dollars per year basis, this is probably one of the cheapest to keep and maintain. Manufacturer Support: I've only had to work with Mackie once on a warranty claim, and they were very good about it. I emailed them with what the problem was and they had a new unit shipped to be within 2 days. The Wow Factor: Reliablility is a strong suit. Ease of use isn't far behind. Overall: Would both recommend to a friend and buy again.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A name to remember: Mackie 1402 VLZ3" submitted January 10, 2009

By a customer from yahoo.ca
Music Style: Alternative, R&B, Jazz
Sound: Very impressed with sound quality from microphone. I use Sennheiser microphone e835s and the sound come out from the mixer is superb. You can see a big difference going from a low end mixer. This is my second mixer. Feature: Come as expected. No extra cables. Manual, power cord and mixer. Nothing else. I had all the cables needed. Anyway, you will end up to buy them using quality cables than the ones come with the box if any. Manual was not much detailed but sufficient. I had prior experience with mixer before so no much trouble getting it up and running in no time. Love the solo feature & Control Room, Very please with the bottom faders, good feeling touch than a knob! Feel more professional material! Ease of Use: Yes, no brainer. The only thing I got to play around was to send the sound from tape recording to main mix. Other than that, you have to play and adjust the knobs based on your system and your liking of it. Quality: I strongly recommend it. I added 100$ to get this model instead of the 1202 VLZ3 but was rewarded nicely with faders and 2 extra microphone inputs. I learn the sad experience buying low end and end up selling them. I did not know Mackie until I rent the old 1202 vlz pro for a dj then love it. Did not want to buy an old one due to a lot of changes made for the new one specially pre-amp xlr2 and sound re-engineering for perfection. Value: It is a fair price considering it delivers what it claims. That is worth the money well invested. Sound is a main factor. I had frustration with old mixer with always bad sound output. This one, up and running flawlessly. Warmth sound, wide and almost no noise. Manufacturer Support: Did not have to call them? Tech support can be easily asked where I bought it because they were the one which secure much my decision of buying because of good advice & professionnal knowledge of mixers. 1 year warranty so i can bring it back to the store where I bought it for repair locally. The Wow Factor: It has a nice layout. Things are well designed. It may not the best and the top of the line but for home use it is prefect. Overall: Highly recommended! Love it! Future plan is to get the SRM 350 v2 to go with the mixer. I have looked at Alesis, Behringer, Yamaha, Soundcraft and no one comes near as solid built than Mackie and I was in 30 minutes at the store, and my eyes were 80 percent looking and thinking of the Mackie mixer. My main use it for home karaoke and I am driving the mixer with unpowered speakers B&W through NAD stereo amplifier. And the sound comes out heavenly good! :)
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great product and great service for the price." submitted March 28, 2011

Music Style: Gospel
Sound: The sound and quality of this product is amazing, above and beyond what I have expected. Feature: The multiple ports and buses has provided more space than I need. Ease of Use: Very easy to use, the bigest navist can use it, the manual is too easy and straight forward. Quality: This is well made and can handle any thing you throw at it. Value: The price is right, I have shop arround and did my home work for this price. Manufacturer Support: The compay support is very customer friendly. The Wow Factor: There is no sex appeal to this product! Overall: For a very long time

"Mackie Quality" submitted May 27, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Semi Pro: Musician-36 years experience, Engineer, Producer.
Music Style: Blues, Jazz, RnB, Funk, Rock, Reggae
Sound: Gets my instruments & vocals on tape cleanly. Feature: Clean sound, simple operation Ease of Use: Bonehead simple! (just right for me!) Great manual! Quality: I started to have problems with the #1 aux return (one channel drops out sometimes)a couple months ago. But after 14 years of use this is the first problem I've had with it since it was new (1995). Value: This review is of my 1402 I got new in 1995. I paid maybe a little more than the new ones price at that time. I'd say that after 14 years of problem free use, it was a very good value. Manufacturer Support: Never needed. The Wow Factor: Its not real sexy or flashy, It's a workhorse Overall: I will be getting a new one as soon as finances allow. I'm pretty sure Mackies qualty is the same as it was in 1995

"Disappointed!" submitted July 1, 2014

By Joe L in Atlanta, GA
Overall
Overall: I ordered a Mackie 1402VLZ3 14-Channel Mixer. The price was about $50 cheaper the other online options. But as with everything in life, you get what you pay for. Although the order was processed promptly and I got my package quickly (thank you), I know there was a problem the moment I opened the box. It was obviously a re-packaged job. Even the manufacturers box showed mileage. When I opened it, it was clear that this was a return and repackage. The instructions were missing, no warranty card, etc. I thought I was getting a good price on a brand new mixer. I immediately called to request an exchange for a new one. But they sent me their last one. This item had been replaced by the newer model so I was getting the last one on the shelf. They were more than willing to process the return and credit was issued promptly upon receipt. If the item had been factory fresh, I would be thrilled with the entire process. But to be sent a used piece of equipment thinking it was new--not cool.

When you call, mention priority code 1550-P2MX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976