When you call, mention priority code 176R-TPTX

Rating and Reviews: Ludwig Pinnacle 5-Piece

Get drumming right away with the Ludwig Pinnacle Drum Kit, 5 Piece. Perfect for beginners, this Ludwig drum kit comes with shells, cymbals, hardware and sticks.

"Awesome Drum Kit!" submitted May 15, 2012

By Mark B in New Haven, MO
Musical Background: Beginner Drummer
Overall: I'm no expert and not even a real musician yet, but the Pinnacle has surpassed every expectation I've had. It looks and sounds terrific. I might be missing something, but even the cymbal sounds great with all the beginner beats I'm learning. If you're looking for an affordable drum kit that you can unpack, setup, and start playing, the Pinnacle is definitely it. If you're a beginner, you don't have to try to think of everything you're going to need, other than some extra sticks, because everything is included to get you playing as soon as you set up the kit. Even if you've never held drumsticks before, like me, you're going to be amazed at what you can do (with a free online video lesson or two) in just a few hours after your kit arrives. I simply cannot come up with a complaint about this kit. Further, the customer service at Zzounds is second to none, which has made every aspect of purchasing and owning this drum kit a true delight. I was as dumb as they come when it came to drums, but I'm playing some pretty cool stuff now, and, if I had to do it over again, I'd buy this kit again, from Zzounds again.

"Ludwig Pinnicle Drum Set" submitted April 4, 2012

By James Cosgrove in Mt. Juliet, TN
Overall
Musical Background: I am 63 years old, I have been playing Ludwig drums since I was 6 old years or so.
Music Style: Big Band, Country,Ragtime!
Overall: The Pinnacle Set is a solid sounding, well put together, nicely finished Ludwig set.I chose the the Pinnacle due to limited funds, but the price did not seem to matter to the quality of the sound, the drums themselves or the Hardware.I play with a heaver built stand, but the hardware that comes with the set sufficient.New Ludwig heads and I was ready to play!My vote is 5 Stars for the price of a great set of Ludwig Drums! Ludwig is and always will be #1 in my Book!

"great drumset,just order new cymbals with it." submitted March 15, 2009

Music Style: rock/metal
Sound: definetly need to get different cymbals. drums sound good though.(after a bit of tuning.) Feature: the fact that its ready to play is nice for a beginer like me. bass pedal feels kind of cheap but does the job.those cymbals are terrible though. Ease of Use: the drums themselves sound wonderful. if you have no experiance with drums it may help to have someone help you assemble this. Quality: very good quality Value: good buy Manufacturer Support: the box gave a website that claimed to give assembly instructions but it ended up being a site selling a book on it. The Wow Factor: just a drum set Overall: the drums themselves seem like i could play for a very long time.i ordered cymbals as soon as i got money. the cymbals that come with it really take away from the drums.
28 of 30 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great set, worth the price, everything is in the box." submitted September 11, 2010

Musical Background: Hobbyist Composer
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: With minor tuning and little changes this set sounds like a set that is much higher on the price totem pole. With a pillow in the bass, and a few hours tuning the toms you have a beautiful set that sounds amazing. If you do any recording with it, set the mic pretty far back so it can't detect the rattle of the snare drum when other drums are sounding. Feature: Everything you need to play comes with this set. Even a stool! The set has drumsticks too so if your just goofing off you don't need to but anything else! Ease of Use: I've never set up drums before in my life. With the assembly document online (of a very similar drum set by ludwig) even a total novice can put the thing together. I could play drum beats easily on this set, its just banging on things in a certain way. It is easily modifiable, just twist the drum heads with the key included with the set. Quality: Nothings broken yet! Just be sure to tighten the nut on the bottom of the hi-hat stand, once it goes it's a two man job to screw back on. I wouldn't take this set on the road, it seems like some of the hardware is a little shaky, but I will never be on the road with it. The things that will go first would be the hardware, but I believe the drums are for life. Value: just read the first two questions. For the price the set is, it's a steal. Manufacturer Support: The set hasn't broken yet, so great! The Wow Factor: I'm a private composer. Just write little songs for my friends and record them. Perfect set for this!!!! And it was all shiny when it came. That was a plus. It still is shiny. I think it just looks cool. Overall: When I can afford another ludwig set that is better, i'll get it, but for now me and the Pinnacle are best friends. I was going to go up a level to the Ludwig accent, but decided that this set would do. If the set was stolen I'd have a lot of other things to replace too, but I would attempt to get a new one. I love the bass drum and rack toms, I don't care for the hi-hat stand but it gets the job done.

Ludwig Pinnacle 5-Piece Customer Review submitted December 12, 2008

By a customer from ymail.com
Music Style: New Rock,,Latin Folk Progressive
Sound: Awsome! Very Clear Feature: The Features on this set are very professional! Couldn't ask for anything better.The best featurs are the retractable bass drum spurs,very nice. Ease of Use: It was very easy to set up, no problems at all. Quality: Fantastic! Value: Very good. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Very Tempting! Overall: This is the best set out there for anyone looking for quality and great sound!
30 of 33 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"BEST KIT FOR THE MONEY!" submitted April 17, 2011

Musical Background: Pro Musician, Home Studio Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Alternative
Sound: Well I knew going into the purchase that I was buying a starter set. The drums sound great even with the factory heads after a bit of tuning. I know I will be upgrading the heads and cymbals....but overall the set is great right out of the box. Feature: Great features for a great price. The shells and drum hardware are awesome , but as I knew the cymbals are very low end and the kick pedal and high hat stand will need upgraded. The features can't be beat right out of the box at this price point. I am very happy. Ease of Use: If I had never had a drum set before I think I would have needed some instructions....they do not send an instruction sheet with the kit...you most go online.....the set is very easy to set up without any trouble. Quality: As I said, this set is getting into a full set for a great price, The shells and drum hardware rock....the rest is just sent to get you up and going. You will need to upgrade cymbals and kick pedal, but you have to be amazed that you get such a great set as a complete package. I would buy this set again! Value: I would have to say that after a few years of looking at complete set packages, this is buy far the best deal out there for the money! Manufacturer Support: Have not needed it, and with the quality of the shells, I don.t think I will need support at all. The Wow Factor: Well I have been wanting a set for my home recording studio for a long time, I am a guitar player first and this was the perfect addition to my gear lineup. Overall: Again this is a great set out of the box, but you have to know that you will need to upgrade heads and cymbals. You will be very happy and slamming some beats right out of the box with a little setup time. You can't beat the price and the shell quality is rockin.

"Ludwig Pinnacle does NOT disappoint!" submitted July 11, 2010

Music Style: Baby Boomer Rock and Roll
Sound: After adding new heads and tuning, they sound great as people have told me.... Feature: Cymbals are no good..Get good ones...Base pedal cheap ...get good one....Cymbal stand excellent, snare and hi hat stands excellent for the money Ease of Use: After getting new heads, easy to tune to desired sound...Easy to set up to personal playing styles Quality: Product well made, except for cheap cymbals and base drum pedal an excellent set for the money....I use them on the road and are very dependable and sturdy...Not afrait anything will go wrong with them...Set up and play!!! Value: Excellent value for the price, but look to add heads, cymbals, and base pedal.... Manufacturer Support: Can't say, have not needed any warranty service...Usually they respond quickly to emails tho.... The Wow Factor: Got midnight blue and lots of people tell me I have a beautiful set.... Overall: I expect to keep this set for many years...Is well made and the only thing is you will need good cymbals, heads and base pedal as I said....If stolen I would definately replace with same....

"Best Starter Kit For Your Buck" submitted March 8, 2011

Music Style: Rockabilly, folk, bluegrass
Sound: I bought this set as a starter for my 10 year old son, who has been begging me for a drum set for about 4 years now. I don't have any experience with drums, so I had a friend who is an experienced drummer set it up. The overall drum set is incredible! Built solid and appears very reliable. My friend was really impressed by the quality. It was up and ready to play within an hour of arriving on my doorstep. The only down side that I saw were the cymbals were low quality, so they'll need upgraded if you have any experience, but work for a starter. The floor tom was very difficult to tune also. I had to replace the head to get a good sound. That was the only drum head with any difficulty thouhg. Feature: Everything a beginner needs to play an hour after delivery. Great starter set. Ease of Use: Even with no experience, I could set it up and play. The hi-hat was the only difficulty I had, but there is an online resource to give instruction on setup Quality: With the exception of the cymbals, it is great quality that will last a long time Value: This is the best deal a starting drummer can find!

Ludwig Pinnacle 5-Piece Customer Review submitted May 1, 2010

By s
Musical Background: Musician Songwriter
Music Style: Hard Rock,Alt,Metal,Country
Sound: It requires a Little Tuning, And it helps to Get the Aquarian Studio Rings set, this set sounds great! just when i get some extra cash im gonna get better quality Cymbals but these do the Trick for now! Feature: Got alotta good features, This is probably one of the best sets ive played on, i have not been playing long but i get compliments on how good it sounds. Ease of Use: Just a online manual that tells how to assemble, And i recommend getting some help putting it together it can be kinna overwhelming when you first see it. but it's worth it once it's together. Quality: This is a great set very high quality, sounds like it should be several hundred more! Value: you will not find a better set for the money! I think it's worth more than what i payed, I have not heard anything better out there for the money! and ive looked and drums for years Manufacturer Support: Never had to use them doubt i ever will. The Wow Factor: I got it in the Dark blue, and it is so pretty i cant stop looking at it. Overall: I LOVE THIS DRUMSET! I will get maney maney years of use out of it!

"Great!" submitted October 18, 2009

Overall
Sound: I don't know what other people are talking about; these drums are great! The heads that come with it are not bad at all, when tuned properly. The crash cymbal is actually pretty good, it has a nice rich tone to it. The hi-hats are just plain OK. Feature: Features are great, everything you could ask for, heads, stands, drum key, and sticks. The hi-hat stand is horrible. I hate it. The kick pedal isn't bad, although it had that "cheap" feel to it. Ease of Use: Easy to assemble. Quality: When I first opened it, it was SHINY. It looked like a professional kit, and was great. The only problem was, with the cymbals, when you hit them, make black marks all over your sticks. Value: Seeing with what I got, this thing should be worth atleast 150 dollars more!

"Just the ticket to get you ROCKIN'!!" submitted April 3, 2012

By Aaron M in Pueblo West, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Just started the drums - for fun.
Music Style: Rock, blues, etc
Overall: Great starter set! Everything you need right out of the box. Sure, you can get better heads and some of the hardware will need replacing eventually and better cymbals, but for the price the package is great! Recommended.

Ludwig Pinnacle 5-Piece Customer Review submitted December 1, 2008

Musical Background: Active Musician and awsome drummer
Music Style: rock, alt, progressive
Sound: nice crisp sound Feature: great features Ease of Use: good for begginers also Quality: made by ludwig Value: great price Manufacturer Support: never needed it The Wow Factor: very sexy Overall: the best for its price
28 of 37 people (75.68%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Can't beat this deal!" submitted January 8, 2011

Music Style: rock, alternative, metal
Sound: I may not be the best person to comment on sound. I know absolutley nothing about drums or drumming, but they sound good to me. I read plenty of reviews by experienced players who criticized the heads and cymbals but I'd say they are more than adequate for beginners such as myself and my children. Feature: Everything is included! Hardware, cymbals, stands, kick pedal, a very sturdy throne (I'm 6'4", 320lbs) and a pair of sticks. The drums themselves are beautiful with a great finish that appears will last a long time. Ease of Use: Being new to drums, it took me about two hours to get the kit set up and tuned. There's no manual included but there is a web address given to view assembly videos. These aren't all that helpful, really. They're not for this kit specifically and give zero info on tuning. I found plenty of other tuning info over the web though, and did finally manage to get a sound I liked. It was pretty easy to set up for my kids too. My ten year old son jumped on them Christmas morning and was pounding out some basic beats within twenty minutes. And he's not even good at Rockband! Quality: Amazing for the price. The cymbals are cheap and maybe the heads could be better, but you really can't complain for all you get for such little money. I bought this kit as a starter for my eight and ten year old sons with intentions of buying them a better set as they progress, but after seeing the quality of the shells, I think we'll just upgrade this one as we go. These things are going to be around a while. Value: Amazing. I shopped around a lot before I decided on this. I found a few others that were similar at a few other retailers, but this was by far the most bang for my buck. Manufacturer Support: I haven't encountered the need to contact the manufacturer, but I can say that the custmer service from zZounds is top notch. The gentleman I spoke to on the phone was extremely helpful and recommended some additional items (extra sticks, a speed key etc..) that I hadn't even thought of but turned out to be very handy. Thanks a lot, man. The Wow Factor: The blue is beautiful with the chrome hardware. My kids were almost more excited by the finish than the drums themselves. My eight year old kept exclaiming about how good they looked. Overall: We're going to hang on to these babies for a long time. I'm already planning to upgrade the cymbals and heads and we'll continue to build up in the future.

"Ludwig Pinnacle 5-pc Drum Kit" submitted January 23, 2012

By Josh D in Canton , GA
Musical Background: Piano for 12 years and just learning the drums
Overall: BEAUTIFUL kit!!! The only thing I would recommend is to upgrade the cymbals and drum heads. The stock drum heads sounds kinda cheap and the cymbals are embarrassing. Once you put a nice set of cymbals and heads you are rockin' I also upgraded the base pedal to a double base as the stock one felt kinda cheap. For the money you cant beat it. It is a good starting point to upgrade

"Great Drums!!!! (for a beginner)" submitted February 5, 2011

Overall
Sound: The sound is good. But the cymbals suck. I will be buying new ones very soon. Feature: Just wish it came with crash and a ride not a crash/ride. Ease of Use: If you know how to set up drums then not a problem. The video that you watch could make you feel like and idiot if you get lost. ( it shows an 8yr old putting it together) Quality: The shells are great. But like I said before the cymbals are crap. Value: The product is worth every penny. Even tho the cymbals are crap. Manufacturer Support: Support is great. I call cause I found the product cheaper somewhere else after I paid for it then BAM! The paid the differance. The Wow Factor: I ordered the wine red and it looks sexy!!! Overall: I like this product alot. But I think I will be giving this set to my son in a few months and getting me a better set. The set is a great beginner set. I need something a little better.

"CLASSIC SOUND AT A CLASSIC PRICE......." submitted September 24, 2009

By a customer from AOL.COM
Musical Background: ACTIVE MUSCIAN
Music Style: EVERYTHING
Sound: LUDWIG SOUND.... Feature: EVERYTHING EASILY ADJUSTABLE...... Ease of Use: INTUIATIVE...... Quality: THIS DRUM SET IS LIKE BUYING A CADILLAC BEFORE YOU YOU BUY A ROLLS ROYCE...... Value: FOR THE AMUONT I PAYED, I DON'T THINK YOU CAN FIND A BETTER VALUE...... Manufacturer Support: YOU WON'T NEED IT IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MUSIC......... The Wow Factor: IT'S A CLASSIC SET OF DRUMS.......... Overall: MONEY CAN'T BUY A BETTER SOUND FOR THIS PRICE.........

When you call, mention priority code 176R-TPTX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976