When you call, mention priority code 173Q-M218

For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 2 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Dec. 23 and select 1-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Ludwig LJR106 Drum Kit

Get them started early with the Ludwig LJR106 complete junior drum set. It comes with everything your son or daughter will need to get rockin' right away.

"Absolutely adorable 1st set!" submitted February 24, 2011

Music Style: Rock and Blues
Sound: Its an adorable 1st set for our 5 year old daughter we were so excited for the great brand and great sound. Definitely a starter set but it is so perfect for her!! Feature: Has sticks and a throne everything she needed to start jammin. ;) Ease of Use: Its clear sound for the size of the set is great, perfect learner set! Quality: Great brand in a little model! We love it, paint and all parts seem sturdy and definitely strong to withstand the beating of our little girl. Value: We love this drum set its perfect for our daughters first set! Manufacturer Support: Great payment plans, fast shipping! The Wow Factor: Its so cute and the color is perfect!! Overall: We love it thanks!!

"a must buy!!!" submitted May 4, 2012

By shad b in newberg, OR
Overall
Overall: great kit, very well made, sounds very good except the Cymbals and high hat but they are good enough to learn on. the wine red is much better looking in person, it is a small metal flake finish that shows as more of just a metallic finish in the pics. also it is easy and kind of fun to assembly if you do get hung up ludwig's web site has great instructional videos showing the assembly process for each component. even the drumsticks in this kit are good quality. i was also impressed that ludwig included some extra hardware just in case you lose or break something down the road. this kit includes everything but the drummer.

"Almost Perfect - Cymbals?? Ehhh" submitted February 29, 2012

By Mark L in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Overall: I got this for my son's third birthday. Perfect fit! Just like a grownup kit only miniature. Made in China but what do you expect at this price? Comes with sticks, cymbals, stands, heads and a throne. Ready to go. No instructions, so if you don't know how to assemble a kit, you might be confused. If you're a drummer, it's assembles like a full-sized kit. I got blue and the finish is beautiful! My only complaint is that the cymbals are flimsy and weak. The crash was slightly bent out of the box. I straightened it by hand.

"Great for kids!" submitted November 27, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: active musician and audio engineer
Music Style: Blues, rock, country, etc.
Sound: I got this kit for my 3 year old last Christmas. He loves his drumset. The cymbals are awful, the HH is ok, and the bass pedal is junk, BUT that's hardware that can easily be replaced. These are REAL drums, not toys. Our drummer even rigged this kit up next to his usual kis and played them both at rehearsal. It sounded quite comparable to his performing kit. Like was mentioned before, the heads are replaceable and that is important with a kids' kit. All in all, this is great for a young kid who wants to play with the big boys! Feature: The cymbals are awful and the bass pedal is junk, but I was honestly more concerned with the drums themselves. Ease of Use: It's a drum kit...what else can you say? Quality: The hardware could be better built, but the drums themselves are great. Wood construction, replaceable heads, good tone, well built kit despite the hardware. Value: It's a great product if you want to get a kid lined up in music. I think it is worth the investment. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with this
39 of 44 people (88.64%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome Drum set" submitted December 2, 2014

By Cynthia Wheeler in Troy, AL
Musical Background: Mom of a drum player
Music Style: Christian and pop
Overall: I bought this drum set for my then 5 yr old for Christmas last year and was surprised with the quality when we took it out of the box. I am an advent review reader, I will not purchase an item if it does not have good reviews. I went to other sites and found great reviews on this brand. I am so glad that we did not buy a cheaper product. My husband has taken the drum set apart twice and hasn't had any problems putting it back together. My son loves the set and we will have it for a long time

"Daughter loves them!" submitted January 10, 2012

Musical Background: 30+ years guitar
Sound: I got this set as a starter kit for my 10 year old daughter. Sound is good, but I don't have the drum experience to get them tuned up perfect. Cymbals are what you would expect from a junior kit, but the drums sound fine for this level Feature: Adjustments of the ride toms is somewhat limited, but was able to get them where she needed them. High hats don't seem to line up perfect, but still sound good. Ease of Use: Easy to set up without instructions. A little bit of drum knowledge helps, but easy either way. Quality: Glad I didn't get her a set from a department or toy store. Ludwig is a good name in drums, and although these are a junior set, they are well made and should last her long enough to get good and earn a full size set. Value: Cost about what a toy set would have cost , so I was pleased to spend the money on this set. Manufacturer Support: Had issues with my CC on this purchase, but one phone call solved that issue. Got right through and was helped quickly. Top notch support!! The Wow Factor: Blue is her favorite color. Overall: Very pleased with this purchase. WIll continue to use zZounds for my musical needs.

"Great buy at even better price" submitted February 29, 2012

By Corey R in Groves, TX
Overall
Musical Background: percussion all through school.
Music Style: hard rock/heavy metal
Overall: Bought this set for my 8yr old daughter. Price was the biggest issue in the purchase. I really like the whole set except for the crash. It is very thin and has bent. Anyone looking for a starter set for a kid this set is really an awesome set just plan on upgrading the cymbal. Another issue for anyone who doesn't know much should find a drummer to tune in all the heads on the drums. Also maybe they should upgrade the stool for the parents that wanna rock-out while their kids are at school!!!!!! Really nice set for any beginner.

"Great product great price" submitted December 22, 2011

Overall
Sound: The sound is great and just what the right size for a 6 year old Ease of Use: Product came semi assembled which made it great. I pulled some instructions from the internet which made it easy to set up. Quality: The quality is A plus Value: The selling price is right on target great value!!!! The Wow Factor: The blue drumset is vibrant and great for a little boy!! Overall: This product will last a long time. My son is a beginning drummer nd this set suits his needs

"my 4 yr old grandsons drum set" submitted October 8, 2013

By Franklin Butler in Pinehurst, NC
Musical Background: none
Overall: When I first received and opened the boxi was overwhelmed by number of parts. I Called customer service and was redirected to the website where I found assembly instructions. It was a piece of cake to assemble. I am totally satisfied with this drum set and my grandson is overjoyed. I highly recommend Zzounds and is products.

"Best Set for the Money" submitted February 19, 2012

By Brian L in Stafford, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I have played the drums for the past 30+ years...had my own Ludwig set.
Overall: We bought this junior Ludwig set for our 18 month old grandson. The quality of this set surpassed our expectations. This is a true Ludwig quality product. You will not be disappointed. It is perfect for our grandson...he loves playing it!

"Junior Drum Set" submitted November 15, 2012

By Peter in Waxahachie, TX
Musical Background: Drums piano..play at home
Overall: We ordered the Ludwig Junior Set for our two year old grand son. His dad plays drums and he has a talent for drums even at an early age. We gave him the beautiful set for his birthday and in 10 minutes was doing several combination he learned from his dad. He knew what to do and now he will learn what to do...he was totally into everything. The experience and coaching from zZounds staff was great. The quality of the set is very high end. What a nice surprise I thought it was going to be cheap. He will use this for a long time...look out Charlie Watts!

"The little Drums that could.......not quite make it." submitted December 29, 2011

By a customer from Insightbb.com
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playin "somethin" for the last 40 yrs. Drums , Guitat, Keyboard. Haven't played out for awhile. Church
Music Style: Rock, Christian, Country
Sound: I've owned and played many different drum kits over the past 30 years or so, mostly Ludwig, so I am familiar with sound characteristics and the quality of materials and workmanship it takes to produce great sounding drums that will last and not so great sounding ones that won't. As far as this little kit goes, I believe the tags ON the drums say it all, "Made in China" ,and this little kit doesnt begin to measure up to any kind of "quality" standard Ive ever known of. I bought this kit somewhere else for my 2 yr old nephew for $269 NEW with throne, sticks & a couple of extras so as long as he's happy and they serve his purpose I'm happy but frankly, the lightning Mcqueen "toy" kit I got from Toys R Us sound s better. Ever tuned 4 lug toms?...c'mon, man... why not 3? Glad I,ve still got some of my OLD Ludwigs so I can teach my nephew the difference. If nothing else, at least you can see a clear image of yourself in the chrome on my ludwig rims and stands vs the hazy reflection in these cheapies that don't fit well at all. Think Jason Bonham ever had these as a boy?........ Doubt it. Feature: Best thing was the color. I got the wine color and they ARE pretty. From there I'm still searchin for the "good" features. Let's see.. warped rims that fit as loose as Bruce Banners pants after a Hulk episode? A foot pedal that strikes the tightening mechanism before the drum head. Click, click, click instead of thump, thump, thump. Oh yeah, the symbols! that's right, symbols, not cymbals. Therein lyes the difference in QUALITY products and savvy M A R K E T I N G....... Good job guys. Quality: LOL Value: Save your $$$ and go to Toys R Us. Manufacturer Support: NA The Wow Factor: The photo sold em and the looks are what's keepin em here. Overall: Started lookin Tuesday.

"worst customer service ever - will NEVER shop zZounds again" submitted March 20, 2012

By Lesly W in New York, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Mother of Musical Savant - (2 actually, but one is autistic)
Music Style: all styles
Overall: I ordered for my son, (Jaden is an autistic musical savant) the Ludwig Jr. Kit - it was offered at a discount bc it was "dimpled". When it arrived in 500 pieces I was surprised but I guess I should have known that even the drums themselves would have to be assembled? When we got to the last drum we saw that the piece that holds the stand on was completely broken off - and I photographed it certain that they would surely replace the piece for me. No - it turns out I have to break down and send the entire kit back to be shipped a new one and completely reassemble it for that one piece. The piece could easily be replaced with just the removal of one head on that one drum I don't have the time or energy to do all that returning the whole kit would require, so I guess I will have to test the limits of duct tape. Very unsatisfied customer. The actual product is great - or would be - if it were completely functional

"great drum set" submitted January 11, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: dad is a musician
Sound: my little boy loves these drums. and they sound way better than his last drum set. Feature: it comes with a little pair of drum sticks.and it also come with the drum throne. Ease of Use: my husband learned on ludwigs when he was a kid. now we bought pretty much the same ones for my little boy and they play band together the dad plays guitar and my little boy plays drums.they sound very good. Quality: the qualty is good i just dont think the bass pedal is that great. Value: yes it is worth its selling price. The Wow Factor: the blue was a very pretty blue. Overall: overall i expect my little boy to have tons of fun on this and to learn drums on it when he gets older then he will get a full size drum set but for now this drum set is awesome for his age

When you call, mention priority code 173Q-M218. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976