When you call, mention priority code 15H9-CRBP

Rating and Reviews: LR Baggs M1 Guitar Pickup

Easily get that superior live sound with this acoustic guitar pickup. It operates passively and produces clear, rich tones resistant to feedback.

"Great acoustic pickup!" submitted March 28, 2011

Musical Background: Active musician, recording engineer
Music Style: Rock, Folk, Indie
Sound: Great acoustic guitar pickup. Reproduces overall characteristic of the guitar better than any acoustic pickup I've used. Not quite as good as a mic, but about the best you can get for a gigging, loud rock band. Feature: The no solder end pin jack makes installation a snap. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Some drilling required to fit in the end pin jack, but that is to be expected. Pair it with a good pre-amp and you're set. Manufacturer Support: Unknown, have not dealt with the company's service department.

"I own it and never regretted buying it -- neither would you!" submitted May 15, 2009

Overall
Music Style: A bit of everything... mostly folk, rock, alternative, country...
Sound: Matched with the Baggs Para DI it's very good. If you must plug in, this is a good solution. Feature: I don't like batteries, blenders, volume knobs, etc. So, the ease of use of this pickup are excellent for me. The adjustable poles are nice, I did do a bit of that. The included cables are high quality and work well. Ease of Use: About as straightforward is it could possibly be. Don't you always appreciate a smart design? Yeah, me too. So you'll appreciate the M1. Quality: Looks excellent. Feels excellent. Sounds fantastic. Construction seems to be a very high quality. Value: Sometimes you regret a purchase or think twice about the money spent. I never felt that way about the M1. It's truly an excellent value. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use. The Wow Factor: Style and sizzle is subjective, but, to me, it has tremendous appeal. When I talk to players, they all seem to know about it and I've had more than one ask to borrow it. Nah... don't think so. Overall: I've had it for several years and still love it. It's been through a lot and still looks and performs like brand new.

"Quick! Find The "Add To Cart" Button!" submitted December 29, 2005

Musical Background: In A Local Band
Music Style: Indie, Garage Rock, Noise Rock
Sound: You Buy A Pickup For The Sound. This Pickup Sounds Amazing, Not Only On Larger Amps (100+Watts) But On My Fender 25R 25Watt As Well. It Handles Distortion, Eq, Reverb, And Effects Without A Problem. The Polepieces Can Be Adjusted For Higher Output, Too. Quality: When I First Took The Pickup Out Of The Box, I Noticed It Was Really Deep And Heavy, But Also Really Solid And Sturdy. Its Solid Design Will Probably Last Longer Than Your Guitar. Value: Although More Expensive Than Some Other Pickups, The Quality Is Un-Paralleled, So The Pickup Is Truly Worth The Money. It Can Easily Be Compared In Sound Quality And Design To Pickups Costing Double Its Price. Overall: Its Just A Really Good Pickup. Its Easily Installed, Fairly Priced, And Sounds Awesome. Definitely A Must Buy For Your Acoustic If Your Planning On Making It Loud.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A Real Winner" submitted May 5, 2011

Musical Background: Band Leader
Music Style: Indie Rock
Sound: This pickup sounds amazing. On top of that, I was able to install it with the existing electronics on my acoustic in about ten minutes. I wish everything was this easy. Feature: The way this pickup sounds is it's best feature. The next best part is that it is fairly easy to install. Quality: So far so good. Value: I felt that the price was very reasonable. I make a lot of gear purchases and this was one of those rare all upside no downside kind of purchases. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it.

"LR Baggs M1 Acoustic Guitar Pickup" submitted March 7, 2012

Overall
Overall: I read a lot of reviews and forums before I bought this. I'm delighted with this pickup. My guitar sounds like my guitar - not some morphed version of my guitar. I put it in an OM and it is wonderful. I did not get the active version. From what I'm hearing I don't think you need it. Of course, I play solo, so maybe in a band you might need that battery for extra drive?

"LR BAGGS AWESOME" submitted November 7, 2013

By John Castello in Utica, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 35 years baby! And loving every minute of it.
Music Style: POP MUSIC/SINGERSONGWRITER
Overall: First let me say this: Thank you ZZOUNDS for having a 4pay 8pay and 12 pay. I have spent a lot of money with you instead of the other competition. Okay this pickup by LR Baggs is great. People like Jeff Tweedy uses it. It's a great pickup on my Pre-Gibson made in Canada Garrison G20. The Garrison is a great guitar. So great that Gibson bought them out. Nuff said. If you have a great guitar or a no so great guitar the LR Baggs takes your acoustic sound and enables it to go through a PA sounding like it does acoustically. This pickup does not color the sound...it transmits it almost perfectly without needing a Feedback Buster in your sound hole. Feedback Busters ruin your sound. I don't know why people use them. Don't by under the saddle pickups, because if you do you will need a Feedback Buster...spend the extra cash on this baby. It's a GEM.

"Great...for a magnetic pickup" submitted March 29, 2011

Musical Background: pro guitar player since 1977
Music Style: variety
Sound: More natural sounding than the last magnetic acoustic guitar pickup I used. Definitely a nice change from the undersaddle pickup harsh "quack". I did miss the quick response and attack of the undersaddle, though. Feature: Adjustable polepieces, very important. Ease of Use: Pretty easy to install. Loosening the clamps to install it was a bit tricky. Quality: Overall: I miss the quick attack of the undersaddle pickup. So I may go back to it and use a Fishman Aura enhancer with it.

"been playing 30 years and this is the best acoustic pick up you can buy" submitted September 16, 2005

By a customer from adelphia.net
Music Style: recording acoustic
Sound: natural and clear Feature: easily removable and easy to install Value: a little pricey but worth it Manufacturer Support: havent needed it Overall: you really need a di box with this one but you dont have to drill into a great acoustic i use the m1 active on my medium priced acoustics

"LR BAGGS ... WHAT ELSE ?" submitted April 4, 2012

By Mikael REALE in OROVILLE, WA
Musical Background: Guitar Song writing Praise and Worship
Music Style: Christian pop rock
Overall: Some Mic just don't need any thing else, for me; the M 1 is one of them. I mount it on my GIBSON J 50 (1972) and it's like a dream. It's basic, easy to use and to install, don't really need a preamp so I do not use the one I had yet ...

LR Baggs M1 Guitar Pickup Customer Review submitted December 6, 2004

Musical Background: worship leader
Music Style: rock/alternative/acoustic
Sound: i honestly am amazed at how well this pick up sounds. i also have the PARA ACOUSTIC DI which i think helps balance the pick up out. but i honestly am amazed. Feature: you really dont have any control over anything unless you have a good DI or someone good on the sound board. Quality: i love LR BAGGS stuff. Value: its steep in price but great in sound Manufacturer Support: havent needed it. The Wow Factor: i love it Overall: ist great

"Good Product" submitted October 21, 2005

Overall
Sound: It is probabely one of the best MAGNETIC pickups out there. Feature: Adjustable pickup censors work well. Quality: Made very well. It has a tension breaker on the pickup for the chord so in case you step on it it doesn't take a chunk out of your sound hole. Value: Like I said, one of the best magnetic pickups out there. Manufacturer Support: Lr Baggs has THE BEST support. Overall: A good overall product.

When you call, mention priority code 15H9-CRBP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976