When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-DSS1

Rating and Reviews: LR Baggs iBeam System

Plug in and play with the natural sound of your acoustic guitar. This pickup maintains perfect string balance and provides full dynamic range.

"iBeam Active" submitted November 26, 2012

By Casey Williams in Louisville, KY
Musical Background: Guitar, ten years, jam at home
Music Style: Folk, fingerstyle
Overall: Best sounding acoustic pickup I've used by far. Installation was pretty easy. Gave manufacturer support a 4 because the warranty isn't valid if you install it yourself. I guess I understand that, but still don't like it much. Other than that, no possible complaints. If you have to plug in your acoustic, this is the way to do it.

"Best acoustic pickup I've heard" submitted January 28, 2004

By a customer from marysden.com
Music Style: Roots Rock
Sound: This is deffinately the best acoustic pickup I've come across. Truely produces the sound of your acoustic guitar. Very little problems with feedback. It doesn't do a half bad job on recording either. Quality: Best money I've spent on my acoustic set-up. Value: great value

"EXCELLENT PICKUP - VERY EASY TO INSTALL." submitted March 25, 2010

By a customer from verizon.net
Music Style: Classics, blues, rock
Sound: Installed it in a Composite Acoustics Legacy/Dreadnought guitar. The sound is very natural. A lot easier to install. Like one other person said here it is real boomy at your regular settings. I had to back the bass off on my amp. It is real microphone sounding as thats probably what it is. Thus it is feedback prone if you are sitting in front of your speakers. It did well in a solo performance. Not sure how well it will do in a setting where volume is needed. But I would just use a different guitar. I do like it a lot. Feature: Has a volume wheel you stick inside the sound hole out of sight. Ease of Use: With the installation jig that comes with it you can position the pickup exactly under the saddle perfectly. I really did not want to get into drilling holes under the saddle for the pickup wires, soldering wires, and sanding down the saddle. Installation is a snap. The Wow Factor: A pretty girl came up and said my guitar sounded real nice.

"For Real Guitar Sound... GET THIS PICKUP!" submitted January 11, 2008

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Musical Background: serious hobbyist, active musician, engineer, etc...
Music Style: Melodic Art Pop & Rock
Sound: This is the best sounding pickup I have heard so far in my life. It makes your guitar sound like your guitar. just straight into an SWR California Blonde amp...or with a little compression... it sounds great. Also works good thru a distortion pedal! Feature: This came with everything you need (except a step drill bit). My guitar already had the proper sized endpin hole. I was replacing the awful Fishman (under the saddle) pickup that came with my new Guild acoustic. The I-Beam comes with the locator tool, the velcro battery bag, sticky hooks for hold the wires inside, and sticky volume control plate for just inside the sound hole (I put it a little more inside the sound hole so it wouldn't interfere with the soundhole cover for live shows. I can always control the volume with my compressor pedal. Ease of Use: easy to install...even though the instructions warn you to have a professional do it. I do have a lot of guitar repair experience, but even anyone with half a mind can do this :) I am living proof. Quality: excellent quality. everything fits as it should...and it looks very well hidden. Value: a little pricey, but well worth it. Manufacturer Support: haven't had to use it, but the LR Baggs online resources are very helpful. The Wow Factor: It is very desirable...if you are sick of the pezo sound or the fishman thinness... try the real sounds of LR Baggs... Overall: I expect to use this pickup for as long as I have the guitar, and would buy another for future guitars.
13 of 16 people (81.25%) found this review helpful. Did you?

LR Baggs iBeam System Customer Review submitted February 11, 2005

Musical Background: Musician, recording artist/ engineer
Music Style: rock, blues, jazz, roots- rock, gospel
Sound: I have one of these pickups on each of my three acoustic guitars. I initially put one on my baby taylor and it made it sound so good plugged in that I had them installed on both of my Martins. It's the best pick-up you can find for the price and when you combine it with the lr baggs para DI you can really tweak the sound a good bit. Overall: I've been using I-Beam pick-ups for about 4 years now and will continue to use them.

"Search no further than the I-Beam!" submitted October 25, 2004

Musical Background: Parish Musician, Worship Leader
Music Style: Contemporary Christian Music
Sound: After hearing Phil Keaggy's sound byte with the I-Beam on LR Baggs website, I immediately knew that it was the right system for me. Basically, the I-Beam reproduces what it "hears," so what you hear acoustically from your guitar is what you're going to hear through the I-Beam - even the smallest details. When I first installed it, I put on D'addario's XP 12 gauge acoustic strings and the sound was a little "boomy." - but again, it was heavy on bass acoustically with those strings too. In worship team rehearsal, however, I had to cut the bass back quite a bit. However, today I restrung the instrument with Marshall's SP 10 gauge acoustic strings, and it sounds absolutely perfect now. I suspect that at church on Thursday, I'll be able to reset the mixer to flat EQ. This unit sounds great live and on the recording front. Feature: The I-Beam feautres an active onboard preamp in the saddle-jack, so a 9V battery is required. However, the unit comes with a nifty little "battery bag" that sticks to the inside of the instrument's body. My unit came with a volume knob that attaches to the rim of the sound hole for easy adjustment. There's no need for EQ control, reverse phase, etc. on this unit because 1) it sounds great flat, and 2) the isolation of the transducer itself avoids feedback very well. Quality: The wiring on this unit is very heavy and dependable. The strapjack itself is made of metal and the transducer shell and volume knob are light plastic, making them easy to install. Overall: I couldn't recommend another unit over the I-Beam. It's a guitarist's best bet for live/recording reproduction.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-DSS1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976