When you call, mention priority code 1559-VKTQ

Rating and Reviews: Laney Lionheart L20H Amp

Try this beast of an amp with four EL84 matched output tubes and 3x12AX7 preamp tubes. Cab not included

Overall

"Owned and Gigged this amp for 4 years. Great Tone Machine" submitted March 2, 2014

By Jim G in Peyton, CO
Musical Background: I am a full time professional musician
Music Style: Country (old and modern) classic rock, blues,
Sound: I love the clean channel. I run it wide open at about 3 o'clock for lead tones. At that point, the overdrive tone is coming form the power tubes which is a great sound and feel. Excellent break up and I often don't need any dirt pedals to get great lead and rhythm tones. When you back off the volume knob it cleans up VERY well and responds to your picking dynamics. Hit the strings hard and you get a sweet crunch tone. A lighter touch, gives a cleaner tone with a little bite to it. Gain Channel: I use it more as a volume lead boost channel for larger gigs. The amp has a shared EQ for both channels. While the Gain channel has gorgeous rock tones, you have to dial in the EQ section different. If I was just playing rock, I would probably do that, but I need more versatility for the gigs I use it for. However, when you dime your guitar on this channel you get rich over the top lead tones. Roll off your volume knob and it cleans up just like the clean channel. Feature: Hand-wired, two channel amp with reverb and a foot switch Ease of Use: The manual comes with some suggested settings for each channel. That made it easy to dial in a great tone out of the box and then tweak it. The tone knob is a pretty cool feature. Quality: I have played Laney amps for 14 years and gigged them constantly. Other than changing tubes, I have never had a problem with any of them. The Lionheart seems to be built tough!. The other guitar player in the band plays Dr. Z Amps and he's had several of them break down on him over the last four years. The Lionheart has never, ever gone out on a gig, and I have never had a problem with it in 4 years. (I'm not knocking Dr. Z amps, they sound GREAT! Just comparing reliability) Value: I am honestly amazed at the incredible value of this head. A hand-wired 20 watt Class A Tone machine, built in the UK and shipped to your house for under $900? The reason for that is that Laney is not a household name like Marshall, Vox or Fender. If it were, this amp would be priced much higher Manufacturer Support: Although I have never had to deal with a problem with a Laney amp, I have dealt with Laney UK. They responded very timely to my email questions about the L50H head I wanted The Wow Factor: I dig the blue! Overall: I have waited 4 years to review this amp because we all pretty much love everything we buy the first month, don't we? I use this amp in a Country / Classic Rock cover band for weddings, corporate gigs and things like that, about 40 - 50 shows per year. Guitar are primarily a G&L Tele style and several Hamer USA with humbuckers or P90s. It's not too loud when it is wide open for most of the shows we do, and. I don't have to mic it for most situations. Reverb: Some people don't think it has enough. It might not take you surfing, but I can find pretty much any wet sound I want somewhere between 1 and 10 on the dial. I have owned lots of amps. This has become my main live rig. I love the tone of the Lionheart series so much, that I recently picked up L50H Lionheart 50 watt head for larger outdoor venues. Hope this review helps!.

"Vox clean and Marshall crunch in a single amp." submitted April 27, 2010

By a customer from excite.com
Musical Background: guitarist
Music Style: blues rock jazz
Sound: Really nice tone, the clean channel is very firm with excellent bass response and the distortion channel goes from Hendrix crunch to Stevie Ray. The tones are good and you dont need a pedal with this amp, the reverb is nice so you dont even need a chorus pedal either. Feature: 2 channels, and 4, 8 and 16 ohm output jacks. Ease of Use: A cinch to use. Quality: This is a well made amp. Value: Very good deal at the current price. The Wow Factor: If you play jazz rock or blues this amp rules. Overall: Really nice amp for the price, cant do any better anywhere else.

"Lionheart L20h" submitted February 8, 2013

By JP N in EU, NA
Overall
Overall: A killer amp for anything from clean tones to medium overdrive. Only drawback might be its relatively limited headroom (if you use its Hi Channel with humbuckers), but you are going to need a really loud band around you for this beauty to come up short.

"Great sounds, solid amp, ideal for studio & basement. Maybe not loud enough for gig with a full drum kit and no PA." submitted June 22, 2009

By a customer from got-help.biz
Musical Background: 20 years am
Sound: Outstanding. It is louder than the little 5 watt amps, but not a 'loud' amp. Plenty of variation with bright/normal, clean/drive. The guitar's vol control also has a big effect. Good valve sound. I need better cab speakers to really get the best out of this amp. Feature: Wasn't expecting the footswitch. Nice. The cover is nice as well. Ease of Use: Great sounds. simple to use. Quality: Has the look of great quality. Value: $900 is high, but similar from Hiwatt are $2,500 Manufacturer Support: Unknown The Wow Factor: Very wantworthy Overall: Can't go wrong with this.
13 of 18 people (72.22%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Amazed by this amp !!" submitted November 21, 2013

By Fran P
Musical Background: 5 years playing guitar
Music Style: rock, blues, experimental
Overall: great tones, huge options, high value for the money....all I need !!!

When you call, mention priority code 1559-VKTQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976