When you call, mention priority code 174Z-ZXY7

For delivery by New Year's Eve, order by 2pm EST Monday, Dec 29th with 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Ironheart IRT Studio

The Laney Ironheart IRT Studio head offers 1 watt or 15 watts of all-tube power, USB audio I/O, a re-amping send, and even a 1/8" jack for your MP3 player.

"An amazing amp!!" submitted June 30, 2014

By Sam Lee
Overall
Overall: It has been about a month since I purchased this amp. I am very satisfied with this amp. I don't usually record, so I just use it as a practice amp. But it can easily be a good live amp as well. Don't let 15w fool you. IT IS LOUD!! Especially if you use 4x12 cab. I usually play with my headphones since I have an infant at home. The sound you get through headphone is amazing as well. A lot of people say that the boost control is useless, but I find it quite useful actually. As long as I don't go beyond 5. If you watch a youtube demo done by Ola Englund (IRT120 I believe), he uses it and gets a great tone. I know the recording is not a raw recording, but I tried setting my amp the same as he did and got a great result as well. Very good strong construction for the money. It is Chinese made, but still a very good quality except for the pedal. When I press the clean ch. button, sometimes it makes popping sound. not always, but still kinda annoying. But I don't use clean ch. much, and I did buy it for the great dirty ch. so doesn't matter. This is a one great amp in my opinion. I know there are better amps out there, but what you get for the money you really can't beat IRT studio.

"Ironheart kills it, but needs a little help from its friends...." submitted August 8, 2014

By Benjamin J in Glenville, NY
Overall
Musical Background: guitar, drums, studio engineer
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Christian Rock
Overall: I bought this head to add to my studio rig. I was using an EVH 5150 III 50w with a load box and cab sims for amazing direct in sounds, I decided to get this to replace the EVH because I didn't own the EVH =\. At first I was not blown away with the sounds I was getting but after hitting it with an EQ, Keeley comp, and a gate the thing sounded wonderful! I was getting tones that could compare to the EVH sound. A big selling point with the built in load box.I played this through a Mesa 4x12 with my pedal chain at the 1w and 15w, sounds great. I would like to get the 60w version in the future. Overall: I would recommend throwing an couple nice pedals in front of it to get the super smooth and raw KSE tone. I'm not a big fan of the built in pre boost. I feel that it only sounds good on the clean channel. I give the clean channel w/ compression 5/5 stars.

"Really F**kin Sweet!" submitted February 25, 2014

By Chris J in Sherman, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 13 years. Mainly guitar. Used to.
Music Style: Rock n Roll.
Overall: Very tight mid range and the el84's are very full sounding. Just roll down the volume and get a clean over drive. It has a nice growl and djenty tones especially with a Bare Knuckle Juggernaut in the bridge. Very highly recommended!

"Nice but not what I needed" submitted August 24, 2014

By Dean Adams in Loganville, GA
Overall
Musical Background: 36 years playing guitar and bass. Former professional, many years in studio and several albums under belt.
Music Style: Classic rock, Metal, Blues, a wide variety.
Overall: I received the Laney IRT Studio and was anxious to put it through it's paces once it was out of the box. Unfortunately the only truly usable channel was the clean channel and it has no tone controls. When switching to the rhythm channel I had to have the gain set almost to zero to keep it from sounding like a runaway bumble bee. There was no way to get simply an overdrive sound. The lead channel was what I expected but it unfortunately induced a lot of noise. With that said, a noise gate in the effects loop would most likely take care of that since the loop is between the pre-amp and power section. I had high hopes for this in my home studio but it doesn't hold a candle to my ADA Ampulator as far as direct recording and come to think of it the pre-amp was similar, as far as out of control gain goes, to my Real Tube II. I'm better off with its clean channel and my Rockbox Boiling Point for over drive and full on distortion induced by the Xotic EP Booster in front of that. It makes me wonder if the front end of the Ironheart is another starved plate design... Oh well, back it went. I know Laney makes some real good gear, I tried to contact them about a schematic to see whether different tubes in the pre-amp would make a difference (starved plate issue) but their policy does not permit them to give them to the general public. Sigh... If your looking for a high gain low power amp, this might work for you, or it might not. At least it's worth a try with zZounds return policy... but do not rack it up until you know for sure.

When you call, mention priority code 174Z-ZXY7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976