When you call, mention priority code 154G-BM6M

Rating and Reviews: Laney IRT60H Ironheart

With detailed EQ, tone control, reverb and more, the Laney IRT60H Ironheart provides no shortage of tools to craft the perfect metal sound.

Overall

"One of the best Metal and Rock amp heads you can buy!" submitted August 10, 2013

By Ken Wheeler in Clarkston, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing electric and acoustic guitar for about 10 years at home non-professionally.
Music Style: Metal,Rock,Hard Rock,Classic Rock,Alternative,and Punk.
Sound: The sounds you can get from this amp are great. I believe the amp could cover any style of music you want to play but it excels when playing Metal or Rock music. It sounds like a cross between a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier or Mark V and a Marshall JVM head. It's a darker sounding amp for sure when I compared it to an Engl Screamer 50 head. As far as tips to make it sound better you have to tweak it to suit the gear you're using with it. It sounds good at all gain stages but personally I would'nt use the gain maxed out on the rhythm or lead channel. This amp does sound the best when you have the watts control knob set at noon or higher and the channel volume for the rhythm or lead set at 5-6. The clean channel volume should'nt be set any higher than 5 or it will start to break up a little. You don't need a tube screamer with this amp to get a good lead tone just adjust the eq on the lead channel and you're good to go(bump the mids,treble,and gain little more than your settings on the rhythm channel). Use a good noise gate/suppressor with this amp for sure. Feature: This amp is chocked full of good features. Having three channels is the best feature of this amp I think. There are only two faults with the features on this amp. The clean and rhythm channels share an eq section which really does'nt bother me but could maybe be a problem for some people. The Pre-Boost seems to add a lot of noise to the amp and is only useable on the clean channel in my opinion. The Pre-Boost used on the rhythm or lead channel sounds like crap. Laney should redesign this Pre-Boost somehow. The pull pots on the eq are useful but I only use the mids pull pot on the clean/rhythm and lead channel. I would definately use an additional eq pedal or rack eq to enhance the sound of this amp or any amp for that matter. Red leds inside the head are the icing on the cake! Ease of Use: You will have to spend some time to get this amp to sound good with your gear just as you would with any other amp. I only scoop the mids a little for Metal music on the rhythm channel. If you're playing anything else keep the mids at noon on the rhythm channel. Quality: This amp seems to be well constructed for being made in China. I had a guitar/amp tech check this amp out and he said it was a well made beast! Value: I bought my Laney IRT-60 Ironheart head for $630 blemished here on Zzounds. I would have bought a new one too for $850 if I had to. An incredible value to buy this amp with so many great features for under $1,000. I compared this amp to some other ones that were $850-$1,400 and this one had the best bang for the buck period! Manufacturer Support: I have'nt had to contact the manufacturer for anything yet. The Wow Factor: Red led's look very cool on this amp head. That's what caught my attention to this amp. Then I found out how good it really does sound. Overall: See detailed sections below.

"Great features, great value...and looks great. It's great!" submitted July 24, 2014

By Adam B in Bay Area, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for 4 years, drums for 25 years...used to tour, now a home-body.
Music Style: Black metal, old hardcore, atmospheric and spacey stuff.
Overall: I don't know where to begin...the honeymoon period has begun with my first ever tube amp! I'm sure anything would sound good after playing through a solid-state Crate for years, but this Laney is sick! The fit and finish is tight and the amp seems sturdy and strong. I like the dual handles. The red LED's hidden along the top edge give it an eery red glow. The pre-boost and watts adjustments are great for a metal player, reverb and dynamics sound nice and add a lot of character. The clean channel is crystal clear and the push/pull knobs give tons of adjustability. Highly recommended. The only negative was a broken preamp tube out of the box...that gave me very low to no volume. Finding and fixing the problem was easy(the only tube with a white top and a crack!), and I couldn't find anyone else that had this as an issue. I don't think I'll ever play solid-state again.

"Laney IRT60H Ironheart Guitar Amp Head is a fabulous amp head!" submitted May 16, 2012

By Jim Nichols in Newport Beach, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for almost 40 years.
Music Style: All musical styles that pay and I can pull off!
Sound: At first test of the amp, I was going to be super critical and not let the amp just blow me away. So, I played for a long time doing slight tweaks and enjoying the various sounds. After a while this amp really just takes over. There is a lot of sound in this amp, and it's amazing how well it sounds at all volume levels. The tone is there, and the notes cut through. It actually has a lot of tone and gain, but could probably stand a bit more high gain saturation for the hardcore metal folks! Feature: Having a Boost is a valuable feature as it makes each channel usable for Lead and Rhythm. The Clean channel has some interesting sounds if you work it. The Wattage control can really dial in your tone at all volume levels. This amp could work in a coffee shop. Maybe the 120 Watt version is an option for LOUD folks! Ease of Use: Very easy to get nice tones from the start. I'm sure it depends on your guitars and speaker cabinets, and style, but all sounds are very nice from this amp. I haven't even explored all the tonal possibilities yet with the Push/Pull Pots. Quality: This seems like a tank, and hopefully will stay solid. I've used it at a gig, and a church gig, and a rehearsal and it seemed to get a little blip of noise from the church gig, but it might have been some interference. I will watch this amp like a hawk and I only use it for half my gigs, so I expect it will last a very long time! Value: Yes, this product offers three channels of great boutique-y tube tone and compares with other similar amps in price. Manufacturer Support: Don't know about Laney, but I will establish a relationship. I like their stuff and am very proud to own this new model, as long as it takes care of me! The Wow Factor: Very appealing, and totally an eye catcher at gigs. It will be a hit everywhere you go! Overall: I bought this amp based on the features, my previous experience with Laney, and also the need for a nice amp rig. Since I already had various speaker cabinets and was selling another amp head, I went for the Laney IRT60H. This thing is AMAZING. i never write reviews for products online, but I had to write one for this amp! I highly recommend that you consider Laney Ironheart amps as they are very cool and sound great. Very good sounding amp!
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"not what i expected!!" submitted November 30, 2013

By william goodlett in middletown, OH
Musical Background: playing for 16yrs guitar,bass,drums few bands,at home
Music Style: rock,metal
Overall: i bought this head and was not what i expected.. with the boost on it would get very muddy and kinda fade in and out so i had to run it with boost off..and i added a boss eq and noise gate in the fx loop ..also a tube screamer in front was able to get the sound i wanted but turned up it would still fade in and out slightly...tried diff guitar,chords,new tubes..so called laney which in fact they send you to the musical group in new jersey ..told me to package up and send to them which i had to pay shipping 47.00 had my head for 2 weeks i got an email not a call saying nothing wrong so was taking it apart and going over it..customer service sucked they never would call me back was not interested in me explaining my problem..head showed up on door step with out even a work order saying what was done,nothing at all...i did get a free small laney t shirt..ya small!! head still sounds the same so i sold it will be the last laney product i buy...

When you call, mention priority code 154G-BM6M. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976