When you call, mention priority code 20W-GRCS

Rating and Reviews: Laney IRT120H Ironheart

Take full control of your metal tone. Loaded with four ECC83 preamp tubes and four 6L6 tubes, this amp head pushes out variable output from 1 to 120 watts.

"Best amp I've used" submitted March 18, 2016

By Matthew H in Whiteland, IN
Overall
Musical Background: 13 years playing, guitar and bass, and mostly home play and church
Music Style: Everything from metal to blues
Overall: I've gone through numerous amps over the years (Crate, 3 Randalls, 5150, and a blackstar). This thing is hands down the best. Edgy where it needs to be without being harsh on the highs, plenty of gain, clean is crystal clear, and the tone shaping is amazing. Before finding the tone I wanted for my style, I found tones for several different styles. The only con is that if your dirty gain is max and you turn the on board boost too high, it sounds like a fuzz pedal on steroids. Finding the perfect mix was easy for rhythm and lead. And the shared EQ for the clean and rhythm is easy. I found a good tone for rhythm, and it still sounded crisp on the clean, so you don't have to compensate for either. The wattage feature is lovely. I can get a good tone no matter what volume/wattage I'm set at. Perfect for bedroom use and gig use and everywhere in between.

"Laney IRT120H" submitted August 29, 2014

By Brad H in Wichita Falls, TX
Musical Background: 10 years playing, multiple bands around town, play shows
Music Style: Rock, hard rock, metal, blues,
Overall: I bought this back in March, thanks to the play as you pay plan I had it in my hands in 3 days. I played with the settings for a few weeks and finally dialed in a sound that I love. This is my first tube amp, and what I fell in love with about this thing is that it lets the character of each guitar you play shine through. All my guitars have EMG's in them, but there are different wood combinations, and you can really tell a difference between the guitars when I switch them back and forth. The clarity and punch this thing has is AWESOME. Tons of gain on tap. So many features that actually work and shape your tone. I am 100% happy with my purchase and when my friends listen to my guitar tracks, I make sure to tell them that my tone is from the Laney Ironheart. This thing is a BEAST for the price. You can't beat it.

"Rough start, bright finish!" submitted June 1, 2014

By Roman C in Colorado Springs, CO
Musical Background: 5 years, dean guitars, seymour duncan pickups
Music Style: Metal/ heavy metal/ hard rock
Overall: I picked up this head after my line 6 spider valve hd100 quit on me, I was very sad to see that amp go! After researching recommended heads within my genre I had narrowed it down to the peavey 6534 and the laney irt120h, played side by side, the laney was clearly the winner. The note articulation is far superior, clean channel is simply amazing, built in boost gives it the right amount of extra gain to Achieve the sound I was going for. The amp carries and sustains as well as any others, the presence knob is very responsive and the dynamics control can really tighten or loosen the bottom end. The reverb is the only thing about this amp that I do not find desirable, but I don't use reverb much, if at all. The irt120h features a bias option which I quickly utilized after receiving it, I switched the tubes from the 6l6 to el34's and it did wonders for the sound. The push/pull eq knobs really let you dial in the tone from modern "nu-metal" sounds to vintage 80's type iron maiden. Overall I was disappointed in the amp to begin with, but I kept doing what I had to do to dial it in, and once I got the sound I wanted, I haven't looked back. I would definitely buy laney again.

"Laney IronHeart120 Amp Head" submitted April 28, 2013

By Robin Ballard in Portsmouth, OH
Music Style: Blues , Hard Rock , Heavy Metal
Overall: I received the head and was surprised that it looked as good as it did. However , when I put it on top of the cabinet its front right rubber foot , was about a quarter of an inch from the top of the 4by12. I also had learned that the head was made in china , which do not get me wrong I think the problem could happen anywhere it was built.Its a resale issue mostly. I mean I have a Marshall 2205 head with a uneven marshall logo that was put on it.But these issues do not effect sound that is so far.As far as sound goes if your looking for a grinding good sound but cant afford a boogie , engl , evh , marshall ect, then I think you will be happy with it. The only feature they did not put on it is the syms link .I could have used that. Its pretty much the same amp as the Tony Iommi model its just one more chammel and four preamp tubes less. If I could afford a engl that's what I would have like to have had. You cant always get what you want , but sometimes you get what you need . Up the IRONS. And keep jamming.

"Amazing amp" submitted March 30, 2016

By Kevin K in Glenshaw, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 13 years, been in multiple bands and own a small home studio
Music Style: Rock, metal, folk
Overall: This amp is very versatile. Great metal tones. The push pull options on the eq knobs allows for great tone shaping. The dynamics knob allows it to sound good on virtually any cab. My only complaint is that the clean channel shares the rhythm channel eq but the clean channel sounds excellent so it doesn't really make that big of a difference. For me it was an excellent choice.

When you call, mention priority code 20W-GRCS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976