When you call, mention priority code 1ZN-MRMY

Rating and Reviews: Laney CUB12R Guitar Amp

Choose the wattage output with this combo amp. It features 2 input sockets, one for the full 15 watts and the other for .75 of watt output.

"King of the small amps" submitted January 24, 2013

By Matt F in Franklin, WI
Musical Background: 40 years of playing, was in a band 25 years ago
Music Style: All music except Polka
Overall: I wanted an amp for bedroom volumes and ocassional cranking.I luv this one, and i have had many over 40 years.Without trashing all of the others,here's the good stuff: Easy to control volume on both 1 and 15 watt inputs,Nice clean sound and nice distortion that is kind of a vintage and modern mix. Decent reverb that does not sound splashy or tanky with distortion.Effects loop that i can use for my drum machine.Lightweight,good workmanship, dead quiet,best price to value ratio.Break in the speaker ( you can look that up online )I ordered this from zZounds and got it in 3 days!!!Would i pay $100.00 for another channel? No, as i prefer a good clean sound with various pedals for distortion variety.But you can plug straight in and be happy.

Laney CUB12R Guitar Amp Customer Review submitted September 7, 2011

By a customer from HERNDONCHEVY.COM
Musical Background: SEMI ACTIVE MUSICIAN
Music Style: BLUES AND HARD ROCK
Sound: SOUND AND SOUND QUALITY ARE GREAT EVEN IF THE AMP WAS MUCH MORE IT WOULD STILL BE WORTH IT. FIT AND FINISH IS GOOD AND SEEMS LIKE IT IS VERY STURDY WHICH IS WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT FROM LANEY. THE AMP IS VERY LIGHT GREAT IF YOU ARE HAULING AROUND TO PRACTICE OR A GIG. THIS NOT A METAL AMP SO DONT EXPECT TO GET TRIPLE REC SOUNDS OUT OF IT BUT IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MARSHALLY CLEANS, BLUESY CRUNCH OR HARD ROCK TONES IT WILL DO ALL OF THOSE EVEN MAYBE SOME OLD SABBATH. Feature: FEATURES AND TONE AT THIS PRICE POINT ARE GREAT. THE DIGITAL REVERB IS VERY USABLE AND THE 1 WATT INPUT IS NICE FOR PRACTICE. EFFECTS LOOP IS A NICE TOUCH TOO SINCE NORMALLY IN THIS PRICE RANGE YOU GET REVERB OR LOOP NOT BOTH. SPEAKER MAY BE A LOW END CELESTION BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE A CELESTION SHOULD. Ease of Use: VERY EASY TO USE NOT A WHOLE LOT TO CONFUSE YOU VERY SIMPLE Quality: SEEMS VERY STURDY. LIKE I SAID IT IS LIGHT BUT THE STEEL GRATE ON THE BACK TO PROTECT THE SPEAKER AND TUBES IS A NICE TOUCH Value: TRIED MANY AMPS IN THE $350 TO $650 RANGE THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST VERSATILE. IT IS NOT A ONE TRICK PONY LIKE MOST SINGLE CHANNEL AMPS. Manufacturer Support: EMAILED LANEY BECUASE NO ONE IS CARRYING THE FS1 FOOTSWITCH AND THEY GOT RIGHT BACK TO ME. The Wow Factor: I OWN IT LOVE THE OLD SCHOOL VIBE Overall: WISH THE FOOTSWITCH WAS AVAILABLE WOULD HAVE EVEN PAYED A LITTLE MORE IF THEY WOULD JUST INCLUDE IT.
31 of 32 people (96.88%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Laney CUB12R Guitar Amp Customer Review submitted June 30, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Alt-Country, Alternative
Sound: I have tried several other 15w tube amps in this class (including the Fender Hot Rod Blues Junior III), and I have to say that this is probably the best of the bunch, in terms of sound and value. Whereas I found the Junior to sound a little too brittle, the Laney Cub 12R gives a much warmer tone that's not harsh on the ears - thanks probably to the 12" Celestion Rocket Speaker. You get a little spank, WITHOUT the ice-pick jaggedness of the Blues Junior. I find the Cub 12R to very responsive and it complements the sound of my Gibson Les Paul Junior very well. Feature: This amp gives you a GREAT feature set for its class (especially for me, who bought mine as a blem at zZounds for MUCH less than the regular price). The separate 15w and 1w inputs give you the option of either full sound at gig-able volumes, or full sound at bedroom levels. The digital reverb is quite nice, though I hardly use it. The 12" Celestion Rocket speaker gives you warm, singing tones rigt out of the box. Some people have lamented that this speaker is a cheaper Celestion, but hey - they had to keep the price down somehow, right? Anyhoo, there are separate controls for Gain, Volume, Bass, Mid and Treble. There is also a "Tone" control, which pretty much acts as a Presence control for the overall tone of the amp. The amp design itself is retro cool, and seems well built. To top everything off, the amp is LIGHT!!! I almost forgot to mention the tilt-back mechanism, which makes onstage monitoring a breeze. Ease of Use: Dialing in the tones I want is quite easily achieved with this amp. Quality: Funny...mine was a "blem", but I could not find any defects on it, whatsoever. Seemed perfect out of the box. Value: Awesome, all-tube amp at a GREAT price! Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them yet. The Wow Factor: It's a cool little (and loud) all-tube amp in a sexy little retro package. I find the amp to have a lot of "play me" appeal, and that's exactly what I do. Overall: It's taken me a lot of time and money to finally find this amp, so I'll be keeping it for a while.
39 of 41 people (95.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Killer little amp" submitted August 24, 2015

By Mark Fabbri in Golden Valley, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Playing gigs and recording Galaxy rock albums/vinyl and CD's for over 50 years. I am 63.
Music Style: hard rock, space rock, funk, jazz, reggae, blues, boogy, ballads
Overall: My new Laney Cub12R is in every way everything I expected it to be. Christened it in at a gig the other night. Really sounds creamy and has great "brown" tones and all that. I never even turned the volume over 4-5 and still cut through the mix and the noisy crowd. Finally a low wattage tube amp that kicks classic butt at any volume.

"awesome amp" submitted June 17, 2016

By mike m in hobbs, NM
Musical Background: 30 years on guitar
Music Style: Blues rock Christian red dirt
Overall: My first laney and I love it it has a great tone and takes pedals well and my Tele loves it my Marshall is gonna get a break

"Laney Cub 12R" submitted January 5, 2015

By Andrew Moxom in Woodbury, MN
Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: Rock, blues
Overall: I thought this amp might be the one, due to its small size, and good feature set. To my ears, the sound was always to brittle, too harsh in the highs with no low end to speak of. Reverb was also thin. I tried an external cab, and it was a disappoinment. I much prefer the 6v6 based cub 10 for overall sound, and awesome smooth tube distortion. I ended up returning the amp back to zzounds as I just could not find my sound with the cub12R

"Laney cub 12" submitted April 3, 2016

By Dale P in Mounds, OK
Musical Background: Guitar
Music Style: Alot
Overall: Nice small amp. For what it is a small tube combo, it's perfect.

"laney decent amp " submitted June 16, 2016

By Michael Grondin in Austin , TX
Musical Background: college music degree
Music Style: Blues , soul , rock & roll
Overall: Good amp, lightweight. british tone, reverb is ok for a digital reverb, not very loud compared to other amp like blues jr, or crates v15. versatile little amp but don't expect a american sound

"solid amp for a great price" submitted March 12, 2016

By Dustin B in waldoboro, ME
Musical Background: 6 plus years of playing guitar in bands
Music Style: Rock, country
Overall: The first couple of days that I owned this amp I was rather dissapointed. It had a fake sound, almost a film over it. I replaced the speaker with the stock speaker out of my fender hot rod deluxe and now this amp sings! If your buying this amp, buy it with the intent to change the stock speaker because it is very low quality.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZN-MRMY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976