When you call, mention priority code 20C-MXQX

Rating and Reviews: Laney A1 Plus Amplifier

Running two channels in unison gives performers major flexibility -- the A1 Plus takes things even further with authentic and variable effects.

"Laney A1 Plus" submitted February 13, 2015

By Santo E in Lakewood, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 45 years playing guitar, pedal steel, dobro, mandolin. Play professionally. Some gigging and some studio work.
Music Style: rock, country, folk, Celtic.
Overall: Great little amp. Had a Fishman Loudbox mini, which is a good amp, but lacks the features of the Laney. It has all the features you need for a small room, e.g., an open mic night at a coffee shop or a bar. Best of all, it is completely "tweakable" to get the sound you need. Really like the midrange sweep control and the anti-feedback control. For vocals, it has a really nice resonance and phantom power for a condenser mic. Try it; you'll love it.

"Super Little Amp" submitted August 19, 2016

By a customer from email.com in Madison, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Semi-retired musican (40 yrs), Guitar, bass & keys, have a home recording studio
Music Style: Christian, blues and jazz
Overall: Great acoustic amp with great features and functionality. The sweepable mids make it easy to dial-in the sound you desire. I use the onboard reverb for a little ambiance and I run a pedal board with a tuner, compressor, dual chorus, delay, reverb, noise gate and a kill switch in front of the amp. The amp has a great sound and tone and the tilt back cab is nice. I'm a picker so I can only review the guitar side of the amp as I do not use the mic functions. I plan on getting another A1 to run in stereo very soon.

"Poor support" submitted January 8, 2016

By Rick H in ENFIELD , NH
Musical Background: Been playing 6 plus years
Music Style: country
Overall: I have owned this amp for about a year, I want to make it very clear, I did not buy it here. When I first got it, I would have easily given it a 5 star rating, When working properly, this little amp is in a class of its own, but now a year later it gets a 1 star rating since it was just in the shop due to a very irritating hissing/crackling noise when singing any word with an "s" sound. I have also noticed a reduced presence and a bit of distortion in the high frequency "high E" end of the guitar spectrum, it has lost the wonderful quality that made it stand out from the others.The rep/tech says this is normal, but my guess is he is just going along with what the music store owner told me when he checked it out "turn the treble back to neutral and the crackling will stop". "Nothing wrong" said he. "If I can no longer turn the treble up with out it crackling then there is definitely something wrong" said I. We pulled a new one of the shelf and set it up as mine was set, there was no crackling at the same settings. He still insists that it is my settings, because you can turn the treble down to where it stops. Note, there is no noticeable distortion when using headphones, but the same distortion is present with the use of an external speaker. Also, the amp volume setting has never been above it's mid point at any time since new, the use has only been for my own personal enjoyment and it has not been abused in any way. Contacted the USA rep, no help from the Laney Rep, I would rate this a zero if I could, stay away!!! I might note that I am an electrical engineer, i have designed and built amps from scratch, this amp falls outside their own design criteria, if the unit fails to perform to the users satisfaction then there is an issue in my book, evidently not in theirs. since I have the capability. Ultimately I will fix the issue myself, but most of you do not have this resource available to you, please stay away from this amp.

When you call, mention priority code 20C-MXQX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976