When you call, mention priority code 14RC-5483
  • Mon 10AM - 6PM (EST)
  • Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 XDV70 Handheld

Live in the digital realm with this Line 6 handheld wireless system. It features true diversity technology, 12 channels and a remarkable 300-foot range.

"Wireless? What wireless." submitted September 2, 2010

By a customer from nextexitrocks.com
Music Style: rock and pop
Sound: Like the XDR955 before it, the sound is indistinguishable from a hard wired microphone. The XD-V70 is a better microphone though with much less handling noise and and improved capsule. This microphone has a modeling feature that is meant to approximate the EQ of other well known microphones - 6 total. I played around with them and they do indeed make the microphone sound different. In the end though I liked the "L6", or unmodelled setting the best. Feature: Can't think of a microphone with more features. It accepts capsules from Shure, Heil and Audix (the Audix requires an adapter ring, available from Rat Sound). While there is an LED display on the receiver, the battery indicator on the microphone actually counts down in real time in 20 minute increments. It also has 2 power modes. In "power save mode", the microphone will register 9 hours with fresh batteries and it really lasts that long. I tested it with fresh batteries and left them on until they died. There is a setting that allows different "environments" to be set. I believe. You can set it up for speech or music for instance. I'm not exactly sure what changes are made and the manual isn't very helpful. Although it may not appeal to the largest of production companies, 12 channels make it more versatile than previous offerings. Whether you use it or not, the modeling feature, described above, is unique to wireless microphones. Ease of Use: It works out of the box by just turning it on and going. That said, the manuals, yes I said manuals as there are 2, one for the transmitter and another for the receiver, are pretty thin and don't explain everything. There is a reference to a more in depth manual that is available on line. At the time of this review this manual was not yet on the Line 6 site. Quality: The quality is excellent. Unlike the all plastic XDR 955, the XD-V70 is almost entirely metal. The only exterior plastic used is on the battery cover of the microphone. It is explained that this was done for performance reasons as the antenna is down there and can't transmit well through metal. The aesthetics and design are more professional than the XDR 955, which is twice as big and flashier with multiple color lights that flicker. The XD-V70 will attract more of the pro market. Ability to use up to 12 units is great to as its 7 more than the older microphone. Value: While I've only used this microphone for one show so far, I absolutely love it. I've used many wired and wireless microphones from just about all the major players, and this is the best of all worlds. A quality microphone capsule on a body that has good handling noise, all metal construction, long battery life, and best of all, a signal path that you would never know isn't hard wired. Manufacturer Support: I've not used the avenues of "official support". Via an online live sound forum I frequent, I do know someone within the organization. He's answered questions and been very helpful. The Wow Factor: I wanted it and I bought it. Honestly, unless you'll need more than 12 wireless units, I don't see anything beating it (at any price). Overall: Only rated it a 9 due to the weak manual and I'm even nit picking there. The microphone sounds great, looks great, has very good initial build quality and I expect it will hold up in the field.

"Great, great, great!!!" submitted November 17, 2010

By a customer from spamarrest.com
Musical Background: Pro musician and sound engineer
Sound: GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! Some background: I’m a lead singer that has been on several major labels and I was also a sound man for many years at a top club in a major city. I have owned and used top of the line wireless handheld units such as Shure, Sennheiser, Nady, and Samson over the years, and have used it them in venues from clubs to arenas. Wireless units are just lousy radio stations that replace the mic cable. The technology has not changed for years other than slight tweaks and upgrades to give you more channels of lousy RF to get around the interference. Finally a company is taking newer technologies and applying them to musical equipment. Now I know the major hurdle in buying a Line 6 wireless is just because the other companies have been making them for years. Someone told me about this unit and my first response was LINE 6???!!! Yes, Line 6!...it actually makes perfect sense. This company has made a great name for themselves getting warm analog tone from digital technology. They have been making innovative, reliable, and versatile gear for long enough for the company to have a SOLID reputation…just not in wireless technology. But the same clever engineers that helped pioneer digital amp modeling obviously went to pretty smart engineers to come up with this one. First off the signal is clean and crisp. They have basically taken wireless out of the bands that have tremendous competition for airspace and put it in the band that’s more efficient and most of all LEGAL… and usable all over the world. (I tour and that’s a problem as many other wireless units work in frequencies that you need a license for). It operates as WiFi and cordless phones work, but there is no possibility of cross talk due to different encoding. I am really miffed that my Sennheiser I bought just a couple of years ago is now illegal to use hear because the Govt sold off the 700 Mhz bandwidth. The Line 6 mic element sounds great. I have previously used condensers and dynamics in my mics for various reasons, and their capsule sounds as good, and in my opinion better than any Shure…but if you are still a slave to those mics ( many Front of house and monitor rigs are dialed in for those mics), you can replace the element with any Shure wireless capsule ( Audix is available with an adapter from Ratt Sound as well, and you can also use Heil capsules). They also have their great modeling to emulate the EQ colorations of some very popular mics…I chose to just use their element without modeling as I thought it sounded best with my voice, I even AB’d it against a Shure 58 and a Beta 58 capsule I had from my other handheld wireless units I still have, and still preferred theirs. DON’T LET THE OTHER COMPANIES BRANDING KEEP YOU AWAY FROM THIS WIRELESS!!! They have hit it out of the park with this unit. My sound guy loves the way it sounds, and so do I in my in ear monitors…speaking of which….when is Line 6 going to apply this technology to wireless in ears??? Hint Hint. Please make one…then I can lose the other archaic piece of wireless gear that I own!

"Great Mic...Worth the Money" submitted December 19, 2010

Musical Background: Active musician and recording/live sound engineer/producer
Music Style: Christian
Sound: I won this mic at the WFX Convention in Atlanta. At first I was sceptical about the quality of the mic (as far as sound) because of the brand. The reason I entered the drawing is I liked the way it fit in my hand. Now on to the important part...the preformance. I have a small home recording studio so I thought Why Not. This mic did a steallar job in the studio! Much to my surprise! I put it up against an Audio Technica MB4k and this mic blew it out of the water. Even with a dbx Provocal unit attached to the AT mic. I took this mic to my church where it blew the VOCOPRO 5200 mics away. This thing works great live and in a studio environment. The built in mic modelers really help to dial in the mic for your voice. Feature: You can custom label the mic name on the lcd of the handheld unit and it will display that name on the reciever when the handheld is powered up...no more ugly colored tape. YAY!! All the hardware is included for rackmounting this mic and for repoisitioning the antennas on the rack ears. Buy it, you wont be sorry, in fact I want to buy another one. Ease of Use: The features are easy to figure out and a brease to set. It only takes about two minutes to change anything you want to change on this mic. The battery life is incredable. Twin power modes (low power for short range use, high power for extended range (up to 300 ft)). You get about 8-9 hours on one set of AA batteries depending on the power setting. Low power extends battery life. Quality: Line 6 takes QC very seriously. Even thought this was a free mic for me (see the top of the review) they had the lab test it when they thought there might be a problem with it. The rep kept me informed via email what was going on. Value: The price for the features you get is really awesome. Most mics in its price class do not have near the features this one has. Manufacturer Support: This mic so far has been a stellar as far as workmanship. It has not needed any service. The Wow Factor: I am actually looking to purchase a second one because of the quality. I will recommend this mic to anyone looking for a quality wireless mic at a great price. Overall: I don't think I will replace it unless it just tears up beyond repair.

"Excellent product! I highly recommmend!!" submitted February 8, 2011

Musical Background: Semi-pro musician
Sound: After reading good reviews about this wireless mic I bought one and am glad I did. I sing in a rock cover band and have a good wireless mic already in a Shure ULXS-4 but like the line 6 much better. It's a breeze to setup (no gain adjustments) and it literally sounds like a wired mic. I haven't played with the mic modeling yet and have just used the SM58 model but I plan on trying different mic models at the next gig. I actually had some drop out issues with the Shure but not with the Line 6. I agree with other reviewers that it sounds wired. This technology is here to stay, especially since the FCC is causing problems with RF wireless stuff. Feature: Receiver feels very solid and I think the mic transmitter feels better built than the Shure units. The capsule sounds great and has good GBF. I thought I'd end up putting an SM58 capsule on it (you can use other manufacturer's capsules) but after using it for a couple of gigs there's no point. The Line 6 capsule works well. Ease of Use: Far easier than any RF wireless system. There's basically no setup other than to match the channels on the reciver and transmitter and choose Hi or Low power and the mic model. High power will drain the power pretty quick and unless you are traveling more than 75' from the transmitter I wouldn't even use it. I just used the low power setting and it worked great and conserved the batteries. Quality: Only used it for a couple of gigs but fit and finish appear better than the Shure units. Value: This is literally the best wireless mic system I've used. I'm in a semi-pro cover band and have been singing 20 years. The digital technology is head and shoulders above RF in my opinion. A wireless mic than truely sounds wired with almost no set up time? Awesome. Since I own the PA and run sound for the band I have enough to worry about already. Having a mic that lets me stand out front and sound check without having drop out issues is great. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed support but I will say there are two manuals and they're pretty basic. Overall: I'll use it until it dies and hopefully that won't happen!

"Better than a Shure, that's for sure!" submitted May 13, 2011

Musical Background: Singer, Audio Technician
Music Style: All styles
Sound: Sound is better than ever before possible with traditional wireless. I took it head to head with a Shure ULXP24D and Beta87A mic and the difference was night and day. Making a 't' sound into the mic comes out so crisp and clear you could cry. Another difference with that of the Shure... when the Line 6 was on, (and not being spoken into) the speakers were dead silent. When the Shure is on the speakers always have a very subtle hiss noise. Line 6 has very little noise pickup when bumping the mic too, about the same as the Shure. Feature: The mic has everything you could ever need and more. The selectable mic setup is pretty cool, but the 'L6' (Line 6 configured setting) is probably the only one I'll ever use. 12 always available channels, very cool! Ease of Use: Couldn't be easier to use, if you've ever used a wireless mic before you'll have no problem adapting to this. Quality: Giving this a 9 because I do not like the plastic piece that holds the batteries in, otherwise the rest of the mic structure is very solid. If you closed your eyes and someone handed you this mic and the Shure I've spoke about previously, you could not tell the difference. Value: If this mic system said Shure or Sennheiser on the side of it, it would cost over well over $1000. But this system blow any $2000 ANALOG system out of the water! This is a great product and I'm ever so thankful Line 6 puts a realistic price on it. Manufacturer Support: I've never dealt with Line 6 before. Hopefully I won't have to. - Other thought...their website is very helpful so I'll give them a 10 for now. The Wow Factor: Personally, I do not like the look of the mic capsule or the face of the receiver. True, they do their job very well and the receiver gives you all the info you could ever need, but their just not visually stimulating at all...I'd even say their quite ugly. Overall: I plan to keep this microphone in my system and on my stages for many years to come; will most likely add a few more to it also. AND, I'll get some on the body packs for use with headsets or guitars.

"Unmatched audio quality and dependable wireless transmission." submitted August 24, 2011

Musical Background: Professional DJ/MC and Recording Engineer
Music Style: DJ/HipHop/A Little bit of everything
Sound: The audio quality of this wireless mic is second to none. Great build-in mic modeling processing as well makes this unit a keeper. I tested this on and off for an hour or so, 4-5 times a week. I've yet to experience any pops or drop-outs or distortion. And THAT reason alone is why I splurged and purchased this well made mic. Feature: Great carrying case and packaging. Slick looking mic and receiver. Well constructed. Ease of Use: Pretty easy to use. Crack open the user manual once and you got it. Its pretty self-explanatory. Choose your channel and your set. Really the only things you need to learn is how to choose and set the mic modeling features. Quality: Top notch quality. Sleek and well-constructed. Value: Its a bit on the high end, but being that I'll be using this primarily to DJ/MC weddings and other events, I cannot afford to be embarrassed with low quality wireless mics that will consistently drop in and out. The Wow Factor: Its sleek. You'll love it. Overall: Just an awesome product. Well done Line6.

"Line6 Digital Wireless Masterpiece" submitted June 1, 2011

Music Style: Jazz, Standards
Sound: This is the wireless you've been searching for. The build quality is just fantastic, no drop outs, and very easy to operate. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a wireless microphone system. The mic models are so cool. This is as close as you will come to a hard wired mic. Feature: The system comes with rack ears, stand holder, transmitter case and antenas. Everything you need in almost any situation. Ease of Use: Basically, it's plug and play right out of the box. There is a short learning curve. But nothing difficult. Quality: It's a Line6 product, enough said. Built like a tank. Value: I personally think all wireless systems are a bit on the pricy side. But i think the Line6 unit is worth every penney. This is something you will have to decide fror yourself. Manufacturer Support: If Line6 support for this product is anything like it is for their guitar amps, or Pod products. They have it covered. Overall: This is a great wireless, no hassles, clear, easy to operate. It's a keeper.

"Awesome mic for lead vocalists." submitted November 15, 2011

By a customer from cox.net
Musical Background: 28 years in sound reinforcement
Music Style: You name it, I mixed it.
Sound: I am a small sound reinforcement provider. I got the mic on the recommendation of a fellow user. I found the sound quality to be superior to all wireless and some wired mics. Feature: Features are the ability to make the mic sound like other models of mic. Love that ability. Ease of Use: You have to have a cheater card to remember the model types available on this unit. Other than that, it's east to operate. Quality: Very well built. The battery compartment is a little tricky. Be careful when opening so as to not break it off. Value: Try to price a bunch of different mic models. This unit takes the place of several different models. Makes this one look cheap in comparison. Manufacturer Support: No dealings as of yet. The Wow Factor: For a lead vocalist, it's a "must have". For sound providers, it's an extremely versatile tool. Overall: I really expect this mic to last awhile. Barring someone throwing in down in rage or something.

"Line 6... “Award winning, wireless vocal mic” ??? ;-?" submitted June 25, 2011

Musical Background: Seasoned and Active Vocalist/Entertainer
Music Style: Musically ADHD... and proud!
Sound: I freakin’ LOOOVE this mic! I am a seasoned vocalist entertainer with an extremely eclectic repertoire. I perform 2-3 nights a week in various settings. (private events,historical buildings,outdoor venues,bars, etc..) I am such a picky microphone user/owner. I don’t mind paying for superior products but I definitely need to feel like I can plug it in and get a consistently clear, high quality sound delivery and smooth operation with little or no “tweaking”. For years my favorites were Beyerdynamic , Neumann and Sennheiser. I’ve collected quite the arsenal over the years of both hard wired and wireless sysytems. I used to have to switch them often depending on gig genres, venues and vocal needs. With this mic - I have so many built in choices for brand and model sound- I don’t need to. I’m also relieved that I dont have to worry about the FCC making it illegal any time soon- like my others - since it is so diverse in bandwidth settings. That certainly makes the potential for extended use an important selling point. Additionally, I have gotten so many more compliments regarding my voice since I started using this mic. Mind you, I sound the same as I did the month before in the same venues but now - the mic produces such a clean, authentic and pro representation of it - I get them every single show! Feature: Lucky for me- there was a promotional bonus of a custom fit Line 6 case with the mail in of package labels and receipt. I truly did not think it would be THAT nice - no matter what the retail value was quoted to be. Though it would have been even nicer if it had come with the system and not 7 weeks later - I was more than pleasantly surprised to get the a very high quality, thoughtfully made transport case. Everything fits in it, mic included, and the receiver doesn’t ever have to leave the case as there are strategically placed zippered openings for front and back panels as well as both antennas. Ease of Use: Fairly easy - if done in advance but not on the fly because there are several settings to scroll through on the transmitter. However, they’re so cool I dont really care... ;) I am also glad they have a well placed, carefully recessed (no whoopsies!) mute button on the transmitter. Quality: I perform in an interactive style with the audience (getting people involved,singing). I was always more than a little nervous to let anyone hold my other mics since having a couple dropped and having to send them away for what seemed like forever for expensive, international repair service. This one feels has a rubbery, easily gripped handle.The grill is easy to clean and this receiver is encased in the sturdiest housing I’ve ever used or even seen. Value: Worth more, I believe. Manufacturer Support: Haven’t needed any service or feature explanation thus far. The Wow Factor: It is without question my favorite, though not the most expensive, mic that I’ve ever owned. ( Of approx. 25 ) Overall: It has so many features I dont feel like I’m lacking anything in a mic and wouldn’t want to change unless it died. No wanderlust here.

"Everything works but..." submitted February 9, 2012

By a customer from yahoo.com in Conway, AR
Overall
Musical Background: I play Bass and Guitar, and have been for about 15 years. I'm also an Audio Engineer for live sound, and studio work.
Music Style: Christian, Classic Rock, Country, Pop, Rock, Blues, Jazz, and a lot of other things, but not much rap! Maybe some old school Hip
Overall: If you have Wi-Fi anywhere near the receivers, it will cause RF hits. Had my router set up between my console and my receiver rack, and it was causing constant RF hits. Moved the router to the other side of my console, and it went away. Only other issue I have had, my router is hooked into my LS9 console so that I can control my console via my iPad wirelessly. When I walked up on stage to adjust monitors with my iPad, it lost it's connection with the router due to the proximity of the wireless handhelds. iPad worked great out in the room away from the stage. Only other thing that I didn't like was the buttons on the handhelds. They were too recessed into the display. Had to use tool to punch the buttons. Other than that, they sound great, and functionality seems easy! Looks good all racked up, and I like how they have built in combiners when used with paddles.

When you call, mention priority code 14RC-5483. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976