When you call, mention priority code 16KN-2R3L
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 Spider Valve HD100

With Bogner-designed tube power and Line 6's modeling and effects, the Spider Valve HD100 rocks.

"Jack of all Trades..." submitted May 31, 2011

By a customer from knac.com
Musical Background: 20+ years
Music Style: American Animal: Classic Rock / Metal / Blues
Sound: I've been playing guitar for over 20 years & I know a thing or two about guitar tone. My friend owns the Spider Valve MKII 40 watt combo and he let me try it out at his house. I was blown away!!! My prior experience with Line 6 was the original Vetta amp that my other friend uses. That amp is solid state which I'm not a big fan of. Amp simulators, in my opinion, are like a tub of margarine. Sorry but it's not like real butter. The richness, texture and creaminess are all missed with solid state amp tone, at least at normal full band jam volume levels! So needless to say when I plugged the Spider Valve MKII, I could not believe the tone. Now, the amp is not perfect, but it's the closest thing I've witnessed. Being a full tube amp, you get all the tube tone, only with a hint of the solid state tone from the on board effects processor. And with all this amp does, I can live with that! I quit using my Mesa Duel and also my JMP head since I purchased the 100 watt version head. Beautiful cleans, Thundering Gains, Blues Twang and all points in between. It pretty much eliminated my effects pedal board as well. Well all except for the Deja Vibe... There's no replacing that pedal! All in all, I'm a huge fan of the amp and I can't believe that Line 6 won me over. BUT THEY DID!!! THANX

"Line 6 SPider Valve HD100 MkII Head" submitted February 1, 2012

By Terry Douglas in Grove City, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music for 25 years. I sing and play guitar,bass and keys. Playing professionally for 15 years
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock , County
Sound: This amp sounds amazing!!! you can dial up any sound that you want with it. You also have the ability to download patches for that specific sound. Feature: The line out is a breeze to use to record. EFFECTS!! it has them all. You truly can dial up any sound you would ever need. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Turn it on and crank it up Quality: Build like a tank.. My head has been well traveled and looks great. Value: Well worth the price Manufacturer Support: Line 6 has great support The Wow Factor: The sleek look of this amp makes it look mean and with the back lit glass front you can see from a distance there is something cool on stage. Overall: I waited for a long time to buy a new head and I am glad that I did. I can dial up any sound that I want with this great amp. The tube give that warm tube sound that everyone is after. With the ability to download custom patches from the line6 website you really can have hundreds of amps in one. Recording is a breeze with the line out of the back of the amp. Would buy this amp again and recommend this amp!!

"HOLY CRAP BATMAN!" submitted October 30, 2012

By Doc Skellington in Lenoir City, TN
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for almost 12 years and I'm in the process of getting a band together for the first time
Music Style: METAL, blues, bluegrass
Overall: Where to begin? I spent about 4 hours in a Guitar Center pissing off a salesman by making him run around and letting me try out different heads. This was the first one I tried and it stuck with me the whole way. Now let me be up front. I am very biased towards Line 6 Products. I have been playing on their amps and recording through their interfaces for the better part of five years now. They make it very easy for you to find the tone you are looking for. I had never played on Tubes until now. WOW! Where the hell have I been. The only thing I could compare to this was the Mesa head which gave me wood.....at least until i saw the price tag. Regardless though, solid state amps will never be able to duplicate the quality of sound that Tubes have. Not even Line 6 could do it with a solid state. Which is why this amp is the best of both worlds for me. Tube sense of quality with Line 6 modeling. *drool As far as amp modeling, its Line 6 so you know your getting the best. Hook it up to your computer and download the latest models. Tweak some of their settings to make a newer improved sound for yourself. I can't imagine life getting any better for me gear wise (unless zZounds finds it in their heart to let me win this gear giveaway........PLEASE!) I later went back to guitar center to purchase the FBV Shortboard from the same guy just to make him feel better. I Highly recommend it especially considering it was made for this amp head. Having hands free control over my amp was very important to me. But that is another review. Good luck and happy hunting.

"Tone Bucket" submitted July 7, 2010

Musical Background: semi pro
Music Style: all
Sound: This head is very versitile, most people will never use this entire head. The factory patches are still way off (volume wise) from each other.And the models may not be "IDENTICAL" most people will never know the diffrence. Feature: FX are pouring out of this HD and you can fully customize them using L6 online. Ease of Use: While this HD can be used easy, but it gets pretty indeph when you go online. Quality: they will last quite a while good build, but mine has already been to the tech for a new dsp Value: you can cover more ground than any other amp. Manufacturer Support: great support team have called them to purchase new 1/4" jack washer, and they sent me 4 for free! The Wow Factor: Pureist will hate on this amp, but I think it is a great amp with tons of tone Overall: This amp is great and although may not be as good as any one amp, it will do many amp sounds very well, but since Bogner did make the tube section I figured he would have a Uber or Extacy mod this go around.

"the "SWISS ARMY KNIFE" of amps!!" submitted January 5, 2010

By a customer from tmail.com
Music Style: rock,prog/alt,blues
Sound: the only reason i am giving the spidervalve mkII a nine is it is a modeling amp and there are still modeling artifacts that are not quite organic as a "tube tone" originating amplifier. Otherwise it is a ten as an amplifier with vast tone shaping possibilities and quality of sound. It can cover any style of music and have it programmed and ready to call on when desired, what a luxury. I own the first of the series in a combo 1x12 and i had to have the latest in the 100 watt head version. I love this amp and have yet scratched the surface of all it has to offer and currently i play in a cover band that does from John Mayer to GodSmack. I can cop the feel and tone of the most diverse bands and know that i am not just half way to the mark with its individual and authentic sound. Feature: I wish it came with the footswitch but it is midi so if you have one you can use it. Otherwise it has more as many features that anyone really needs. Effects, hell yeah! If you were to by them separately you would probably spend more than on the amp itself. Ease of Use: If you are a beginner finding out by yourself how to get what you imagine can be a daunting adventure. But still intuitive to a degree, if you just use your ear. But gear freakin'geeks also get enough depth on board to make them scratch their heads and discover the subtleties it has to offer. Quality: Well built and clean design with that cool window that lights up that i use to display different things at gigs for fun. Value: This has to be the best value of any head out there period. What ever else can do what this does for the price must be a secret to the world. Manufacturer Support: Never had needed it so far. The Wow Factor: Well if you try this i know you would want one around because it does it all and sounds awesome. Overall: I would like another one so i can play in stereo other than that it is a whole lot of amp and replacing it soon would just be vane.

"THE MARSHALL KILLER!!!!!!" submitted March 2, 2011

Musical Background: Pro
Music Style: Hard Rock
Sound: This amp has it all!!!!!....The best of both worlds!!!....With Bogner behind this, you cannot miss!An almost unlimited amount of sounds are yours...From clean, acoustic type....to twangy country.....Classic British crunch....to over the top metal mayhem...It is all there!!!!! Basically...just dial in the sound you are looking for..lock in...and you are there.You can also custom taylor your own sounds.I play mainly hard rock in the style of Rainbow..Whitesnake...Ufo....Lizzy.....This amp does it!!!Pair it with a Les Paul or BC Rich(such as I do) and look out!!!!Sounds good in a home/recdording setting...BUT....Unleash this in a live setting...This is where it rally roars!!!Spend some time going over the settings....tweaking... you will find your sound.Plus...Lne 6 support is very helpful...Hell...You can even download new settings.....What ore can you ask for????? Feature: You definately need The Shortboard to control this beast.Unfortunately...this is not included with the amp and have to shell out another $200.00....but worth it!!!!Built in tuner is good...but if you are using this in a half stack setting....A little hard to read the meter.Built like a tank....Controls are easy to use..easily marked......No skimping here... Ease of Use: To get basic settings...easy to use.Takes a while to getused to programming settings and such....After awhile...Piece of cake..Downloadable manual is very informative, as is Line 6 website and customer support!!! Excellent!!!! Quality: As I said...This is one heavy head!!!!!...Built like a tank....basically...Treat it like you would any other tube amp!!!!! Value: To be honest...I got this at a blowout for $330.00......What can I say??? After playing it...I would have no prolbem paying regular price....worth every penny!!!!! Manufacturer Support: Line 6 suport is second to none!!!!!...have had to call a couple of times with tech questions(questions.....not ptoblems)....and they could not be any more helpoful.Too bad all companies do not follow this lead. The Wow Factor: Looks great lit up with the tubes lit up behind the plexi....Looks cool!!!!! The whole design of the amp is great!!!! Overall: Overall...This is now my main amp(Marshalls on sideline)....Would buy another in a instant(also looking at DT50...Got to play with it at NAMMM...Awesome!!!!! All said......A KILLER AMP!!!!!!!!!!!

"Not an Axe-FX, but its not a Vyper...lol" submitted July 7, 2010

Music Style: Brutalcore
Sound: Its modeling so its not the real deal, but go and try to buy all the amps in this. you will spend 15k easy. i play brutal heavycore music and this amp does it well. i bought it becuase of all the features and fx's. most of the time i dont use any of them, but when i get bored you get some crazy sounds out of this thing. i LOVE XLR out for recording, becuase you dont even have to turn the amp ON to use it and the quality is amazing (i mic and do direct at the same time). I have used for band practice and its alright... i havnt used it live so i dont know how it will sound. Also, i run an EQ pedal (mxr 10 band) through the FX loop just tp boost the mids and top a lil Feature: The list of features is stupid long...and they just came out with the firmware upgrade so now you have an added 28 effects that arnt there stock. although you do have to buy the foot pedal for the upgrade, buit its worth it. How many other amps can you upgrade? NONE!!! this is the only one (except mabye the vyper by peavy which blows). It has midi which i awesome. Ease of Use: I like things simple and this isnt that hard to use you just put time into and understand what some of the functions are. You can edit every effect and its settings as if it were a pedal in front of you which is awesome!!! but like i said it takes time to understand everything. Quality: designed by the king german himself....but built in china. we will see how long it last. i have easily for a couple hundred hours on it and it works great. Value: I dont want to say this amp is a toy but it kinda is to me. dont get me wrong i love it to death, but i will be buy 6505 or fireball soon. but for what your getting you cant beat it. not everyone can afford thier dream rig, but this is as close as you can get without spending 1k Manufacturer Support: havnt had to deal with them...if i have any questions i just go to thier website forums. The Wow Factor: i rate it 10 cause thats what i think. its got sweet lights in it that make the whole thing glow :) you will either like that feature or hate it (i think you can turn it of tho) i do like the covering material of the amp, kinda fake leatherish type stuff. Overall: i will always be satisfied with it, but you can never have enough amps in my book so i will be buying more... but i will not get rid of it.

"THROW AWAY EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!" submitted June 5, 2013

By Lucas S in Mankato, MN
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing electric guitar for 15 years. Formally Line 6 equipment (HD100), 412 Cabinet. Upgrading to Orange ampTH100.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Metal, Bluegrass
Overall: I've owned a Line 6 HD 100 since 2009, Awesome features, I loved the quality and sound. HOWEVER......... Recently the mainboard went bad on the amplifier and Line 6 does NOT manufacture replacement parts for this item. I would not recommend buying this or any Line 6 product unless you have the mindset it will be garbage the first time something goes wrong past their 3 year loop to force customers to buy their new products because the value to repair isn't their through the Line 6 tech support when the minimum cost to fix something like this (if you know it's the problem) will be $209. Reference quote directly from Line 6 website answering a question posted about the mainboards not being made, "Yes, the information is correct. We no longer manufacture the original Spider Valve HD100 mainboard (part #35-00-0250 PCB). Your only option at this point is to have the Authorized Service Center (ASC) send in the mainboard to us; our in-house techs will do a repair on the mainboard here, ship it back to the ASC tech and they're re-assemble your amp with the fixed board and we will bill the Authorized Service Center who in turn will charge you for the work rendered." junk, junk, junk, junk, junk, junk, junk, junk *Buy a Orange, Marshall, Mesaboogie, or Fender amp head and stay away from LINE 6 because you WILL be throwing it away sooner than those listed above.

"You get what you pay for." submitted October 22, 2010

Musical Background: Hobbyist-Weekend Warrior
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Alt.
Sound: Thin, Fizzy, overdone....... Feature: Plenty of sounds, they simply miss the mark. Ease of Use: Not hard to use. Download the manual and start tweaking. The sound you want is not there. For what it's worth, I ponied up for the pedal that everyone says you need. Again, tries to do too much and winds up doing nothing very well. Quality: Only had it for a couple of weeks. No issues. Value: You get what you pay for. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed them. The Wow Factor: Looks better than it sounds. Overall: I bought this to use while my Marshall 6100 was being serviced and to keep as a back up. I've been playing 20 years and have tons of pro level gear. This is entry level stuff. Lots of bells and whistles, but no meat. I really wanted to love this thing, but she'll be on Craigslist as soon as the Marshall comes home.

When you call, mention priority code 16KN-2R3L. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976